Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I just don't understand you people

OainOain Member UncommonPosts: 59
I don't mind playing this game. What i don'y understand is the people getting bashed when they say they don't like the game. Do ya'll have anger issues or something? If a man don't like the game, he don't like it. WHY ON EARTH do you have to say something about it? You bashing/flaming the guy won't make him like the game. There's just no excuse for people who like the game to go all crazy and defensive when someone says they don't like the game. You don't have to respond at all. But for some reason people/gamers have to say SOMETHING, why? To degrade one another? Aren't we all gamers? Now I understand when someone tells us to get a life, because we're so far up someone else's.

Comments

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

It's because . . . . SOME IS WRONG, ON THE INTERNET!

And by "wrong" I mean, doesn't match my ideals exactly 100%.

• yalbnyalbn Member UncommonPosts: 11
    its called trolling and some pple do it for a living lol.
  • SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697

These forums have always been moderated in favor of the fan boys.

Half the time if someone says something bad about a game and 10 people come out and say bad things about the poster, the original poster gets hit with a ban for trolling (for saying his/her opinion) yet nothing happens to all the people who used personal attacks against that person.

Because of this, it has fostered the idea that it is okay to bash anyone who says anything bad about a game you like.

• jskeets916jskeets916 Member Posts: 154
    Originally posted by Oain
    I don't mind playing this game. What i don'y understand is the people getting bashed when they say they don't like the game. Do ya'll have anger issues or something? If a man don't like the game, he don't like it. WHY ON EARTH do you have to say something about it? You bashing/flaming the guy won't make him like the game. There's just no excuse for people who like the game to go all crazy and defensive when someone says they don't like the game. You don't have to respond at all. But for some reason people/gamers have to say SOMETHING, why? To degrade one another? Aren't we all gamers? Now I understand when someone tells us to get a life, because we're so far up someone else's.

By your 1 post and initial "I don't mind playing this game" as if that was pulling teeth for you to admit, I have a feeling you had a bad experience on another thread.

I have no problem if someone dislikes the game, don't play it/support it and feel free to point out in a constructive manner what you dislike about the game and move on.

But if you were truly being objective you would actually look at the manner in which individuals (especially on these forums) go about their qq and countless threads of WORST LAUNCH/MMO EVER ZOMG with very little context.

In fact I feel the one's with the "anger issues" your describing are those who have to spend countless posts attempting to belittle a game they are not interested in.

To each their own, I don't post on the threads of the countless MMO's on this site I find utterly distasteful, the question is why must others in a hateful non-constructive way?  I think they are bitter at the success being > their perceived MMO of choice.

• lordshroom420lordshroom420 Member UncommonPosts: 33
    Early access is a launch! all you people who think it's not are mistaking alpha / beta is not launch early access is a launch! only noobz and fanboyz are that dumb!!
  • TorcipTorcip Member UncommonPosts: 669

How do you not know by now that telling people to get along on the internet is like toasting a marshmallow with a single match.

Anonymity is a free pass for most people to act a way they never would if they could be held accountable by their actions. If you took 90% of trolls and talked to them face to face they would be the quietest person you've ever seen. The internet let's them act the way they have always wanted to act without fear of reparations. 

Originally posted by lordshroom420
    Early access is a launch! all you people who think it's not are mistaking alpha / beta is not launch early access is a launch! only noobz and fanboyz are that dumb!!

I'm glad you posted this DIRECTLY under my last response because this is exactly what I'm referring to!

This behavior is what brings out the troll bait from fanboyz.

Many not only would disagree with your notion (those of us who participated in alpha/beta/EA of several other MMO's) but respond in an equally hateful manner in which you decided to post.

Clear enough for you OP?  If I went on GW2, WoW, SWTOR threads and made such statements I wouldn't be surprised nor upset and creating my own thread as to why is everyone replying to me in a negative light.

• OainOain Member UncommonPosts: 59
    Originally posted by jskeets916

By your 1 post and initial "I don't mind playing this game" as if that was pulling teeth for you to admit, I have a feeling you had a bad experience on another thread.

I have no problem if someone dislikes the game, don't play it/support it and feel free to point out in a constructive manner what you dislike about the game and move on.

But if you were truly being objective you would actually look at the manner in which individuals (especially on these forums) go about their qq and countless threads of WORST LAUNCH/MMO EVER ZOMG with very little context.

In fact I feel the one's with the "anger issues" your describing are those who have to spend countless posts attempting to belittle a game they are not interested in.

To each their own, I don't post on the threads of the countless MMO's on this site I find utterly distasteful, the question is why must others in a hateful non-constructive way?  I think they are bitter at the success being > their perceived MMO of choice.

No i acualy like playing the game so far. Only played for about an hour in closed beta, but 'm liking it. what I don't understand is why the fans of the game have to try to degrade other gamers just because the other games don't like the game.

No i acualy like playing the game so far. Only played for about an hour in closed beta, but 'm liking it. what I don't understand is why the fans of the game have to try to degrade other gamers just because the other games don't like the game.

Did you read any of my reply, or the perfect example of the reply directly below my first post?

You would understand if you did as I spelt it out for you in a variety of ways.

But you ignoring my arguments or the several pieces of evidence you have in this thread alone leads me to believe you don't want to understand or are just trolling.

EDIT: To be more clear you completely ignore any lack of accountability on the end of those (such as the post directly below my first response) who criticize the game in an immature and hateful manner, yet continue to attack those who respond to those individuals if it is done in the exact same regard.

• TorcipTorcip Member UncommonPosts: 669

You're only making things worse with this topic. You're asking angry people why they are angry, that usually ends with a punch to the face and the angry person being angrier than they were before.

Originally posted by Torcip

How do you not know by now that telling people to get along on the internet is like toasting a marshmallow with a single match.

Anonymity is a free pass for most people to act a way they never would if they could be held accountable by their actions. If you took 90% of trolls and talked to them face to face they would be the quietest person you've ever seen. The internet let's them act the way they have always wanted to act without fear of reparations. 

Good answer....that reminds me of that theory that some man created about people being behind computers and saying anything they want with no restraint because they're behind a computer screen and can't be seen.

• Mr.KujoMr.Kujo Member Posts: 383

It is a childish war. Someone makes a topic about how a game is bad and it can't stay like that, because a fan of the game is afraid that the topic name alone will give a bad opinion to a game, so he needs to make a topic "this game is best evah". And the war goes on until popularity of the game drops.

The problem I see here is that every topic needs to have response in form of another topic... like the whole idea of forums is thrown away, there is a reply button for a reason. People want to just state an opinion as loud as they can, they don't want discussion. And every next topic is more agressive and hostile.

Once every billion years there is an objective review that just says what is good about the game and what is bad, without any personal feelings put into it. But being objective is a rare perk on the internet. Most of the time there aren't even any arguments given, it is just "the game is great, because I feel like having an orgasm when I play it, but I can't explain it".

Using labels like troll or fanboy is not a good idea, because it will ruin the conversation and turn everything into personal fight.

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643
    Locking servers without a queue, telling players that you can't play your character on a server because it's full, giving sparse static answers with little information over the weekend all contributed to people being very frustrated.

Pretending like these issues are found in all MMO launches is accurate.  What isn't accurate is pretending how SE handled the server load is like all other MMO launches.  Their choice to lock down servers have upset many, especially considering that there's no clear way to see which servers are more populated than others.  You only know if something is full or not.

I'm not even going to address the issues our poor brothers over on the PS3 end are having.

So yeah, this game has problems.  Pretending that there isn't or labeling those whom already are on edge as trolls or 'haters' only exasperates the issue.

Hopefully this will be resolved in a day or two and not weeks.  The game will settle down like all MMOs and these issues will be a thing of the past.  Just in time for people to start complaining about dead servers.

Originally posted by Mr.Kujo

It is a childish war. Someone makes a topic about how a game is bad and it can't stay like that, because a fan of the game is afraid that the topic name alone will give a bad opinion to a game, so he needs to make a topic "this game is best evah". And the war goes on until popularity of the game drops.

The problem I see here is that every topic needs to have response in form of another topic... like the whole idea of forums is thrown away, there is a reply button for a reason. People want to just state an opinion as loud as they can, they don't want discussion. And every next topic is more agressive and hostile.

Once every billion years there is an objective review that just says what is good about the game and what is bad, without any personal feelings put into it. But being objective is a rare perk on the internet. Most of the time there aren't even any arguments given, it is just "the game is great, because I feel like having an orgasm when I play it, but I can't explain it".

Using labels like troll or fanboy is not a good idea, because it will ruin the conversation and turn everything into personal fight.

Main reason why i don't call people trolls or fanboys. The moment that word is read, that's the end of the reading for them, They don't want to read no more. They just want to bash from that point on.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

The problem here is the same in GW2's forums, it's the same in the WoW forums, and Rift and every other game that has people that like and dislike it.

No one cares who plays a game and likes or dislikes it. But as I have seen in numerous threads. People come in with limited or no experience and proceed to talk about something as if they know their topic when they don't.

If you played a game for an hour and if you are going to say you don't like then base it on what you know. It's better to state an opinion on an hour of what you know, then make an assumption of being more experienced and try to sound like you know more than you do..

Originally posted by jdnyc
    Locking servers without a queue, telling players that you can't play your character on a server because it's full, giving sparse static answers with little information over the weekend all contributed to people being very frustrated.

Pretending like these issues are found in all MMO launches is accurate.  What isn't accurate is pretending how SE handled the server load is like all other MMO launches.  Their choice to lock down servers have upset many, especially considering that there's no clear way to see which servers are more populated than others.  You only know if something is full or not.

I'm not even going to address the issues our poor brothers over on the PS3 end are having.

So yeah, this game has problems.  Pretending that there isn't or labeling those whom already are on edge as trolls or 'haters' only exasperates the issue.

Hopefully this will be resolved in a day or two and not weeks.  The game will settle down like all MMOs and these issues will be a thing of the past.  Just in time for people to start complaining about dead servers.

Interesting assertions and I have trouble following your logic.

First you address that the servers are full, which means a larger population than anticipated by the dev team.

Than you admit these issues are found in all MMO launches (which I agree with solely for MMO's with SUCCESSFUL and POPULATED launches, WoW, SWTOR, GW2, Neverwinter to some degree but not all mmo's that's for sure) and further the notion by admitting things will be resolved and settle down like all MMOs.

Than you jump to the conclusion that these issues related to a much higher population than, not estimated, but prepared for by SE  will result in dead servers?

I hope people start logging off/refunding so more and more of my friends on the bench can make it to our legacy server but I fail to see what evidence supports this outcome.  If anything the ridiculous demand brought on solely from Early Access and not the actual launch would lead me to quite the contrary conclusion.

• Sunnyguy46Sunnyguy46 Member UncommonPosts: 91
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

The problem here is the same in GW2's forums, it's the same in the WoW forums, and Rift and every other game that has people that like and dislike it.

No one cares who plays a game and likes or dislikes it. But as I have seen in numerous threads. People come in with limited or no experience and proceed to talk about something as if they know their topic when they don't.

If you played a game for an hour and if you are going to say you don't like then base it on what you know. It's better to state an opinion on an hour of what you know, then make an assumption of being more experienced and try to sound like you know more than you do..

So like on WoW, someone saying something like "I only got to level 5...but here are my thoughts...END GAME SUX! Raids are faceroll!! Too many dailies!! Faction grind is horrible! PvP isn't balanced!! OMG"

Originally posted by Sunnyguy46

So like on WoW, someone saying something like "I only got to level 5...but here are my thoughts...END GAME SUX! Raids are faceroll!! Too many dailies!! Faction grind is horrible! PvP isn't balanced!! OMG"

That's an extreme example, but yeah, thats the point I guess.

When assumptions and subjectivity start getting passed off as facts, that's usually when fans get their backs up.

Than you jump to the conclusion that these issues related to a much higher population than, not estimated, but prepared for by SE  will result in dead servers?

Wow.  The dead servers comment is that all MMO themeparks have a huge rush like this and then die off in a month's time.

It was tongue firmly in cheek comment.  A pretty obvious one at that given the sentence I said just before that comment.

Love how you completely ignored the statement about the lack of a queue for a server and locking people out of playing their own character.

So yeah.  Keep white knighting.  We'll see how this plays out.

my friends on the bench can make it to our legacy server

Why is this even acceptable?  lol

You just take it.

THE POINT IS IF THEY HAD A LONG QUEUE, YOUR FRIENDS WOULDN'T HAVE TO WAIT ON THE BENCH.

lol wow just wow.

When assumptions and subjectivity start getting passed off as facts, that's usually when fans get their backs up.

And what if the issue is people wanting to play with their guild and their guild happens to be on a locked server?

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

I have no problem with people expressing their opinion on this forum, this is after all a discussion forum, I think the moderators take it a bit to seriously and do want this to be a rah rah forum. It is important when you criticize or praise to back it up with your reasons for doing so. I do get a bit annoyed when people say things like "SWTOR has a bad story line and the cut scenes are weak" or "Vanguard is just not a deep game" These are silly statements just meant to invoke a response.    If you are going to say a game is boring then state your reasons for saying so and do not be surprised when someone comes back and disagrees with you, that is what discussion is all about.

Recently I got a warning from mmorpg for trolling when I asked "What makes FF a better game than Vanguard" this was not meant to downgrade FF so much as to create a discussion as to how deep a game Vanguard is and has always gotten a bad rap. This is America we have a right to express our opinion, some people seem to get really annoyed when someone enjoys a game, it is one thing to disagree with someone, but to tell someone they should not enjoy a game is lame.

Originally posted by eddieg50

I have no problem with people expressing their opinion on this forum, this is after all a discussion forum, I think the moderators take it a bit to seriously and do want this to be a rah rah forum. It is important when you criticize or praise to back it up with your reasons for doing so. I do get a bit annoyed when people say things like "SWTOR has a bad story line and the cut scenes are weak" or "Vanguard is just not a deep game" These are silly statements just meant to invoke a response.    If you are going to say a game is boring then state your reasons for saying so and do not be surprised when someone comes back and disagrees with you, that is what discussion is all about.

Recently I got a warning from mmorpg for trolling when I asked "What makes FF a better game than Vanguard" this was not meant to downgrade FF so much as to create a discussion as to how deep a game Vanguard is and has always gotten a bad rap. This is America we have a right to express our opinion, some people seem to get really annoyed when someone enjoys a game, it is one thing to disagree with someone, but to tell someone they should not enjoy a game is lame.

I Agree with that.

• NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673

I hope people start logging off/refunding so more and more of my friends on the bench can make it to our legacy server but I fail to see what evidence supports this outcome.  If anything the ridiculous demand brought on solely from Early Access and not the actual launch would lead me to quite the contrary conclusion.

He's not talking about actually dead servers, he's talking about people bitching about dead servers. 

Edit: I take that back. Didn't see his post afterwards. Seems like he actually is one of those people I thought he was just talking about.

Originally posted by jdnyc

And what if the issue is people wanting to play with their guild and their guild happens to be on a locked server?

That happened to me in GW2. We moved. What other answer do you want?

This discussion has been closed.