Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who is boycotting because of subscription + cash shop on top of a box purchase?

Comments

• ShortyBibleShortyBible Member UncommonPosts: 409
    Originally posted by Iselin
    Originally posted by boxsnd
    I'm certainly not boycotting. I'm still excited about the game and will surely play it when it goes F2P/B2P a few months after release.

See you in 2016! (e.g. it took Rift 2 years to get there...you think this will be worse than Rift? lol)

Could be a lot sooner than 2 years. The Secret World tried this model and it changed in less than 2 years.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

not boycotting

will buy the game but no intentions of subbing unless im still having fun after 30 days

• Brabbit1987Brabbit1987 Member UncommonPosts: 782
    I'm certainly not boycotting. I'm still excited about the game and will surely play it when it goes F2P/B2P a few months after release.

See you in 2016! (e.g. it took Rift 2 years to get there...you think this will be worse than Rift? lol)

It's so unlikely to assume it will be 2 years just because rift lasted that long. 

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156
    payment model is not an issue. If the game is fun or not is all i care about. Man you people are fickle.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by Brabbit1987

It's so unlikely to assume it will be 2 years just because rift lasted that long. 

Considering the IP,  the fact tat this will be one the first MMOs available on the PS4/XB1 that isn't a PS3 Port and that a good, but not great, game like Rift can do it, I hardly think it's unlikely. Care to pick a number and make side bet?

My pick... 2 years +, what's yours? 

It's amusing to see the wishful thinking freeloaders comment on my 2 years but not on the troll''s "few months." You guys are funny. 

And...careful, don't forget your last prediction... "70% of everyone on the internet hate that it's P2P" ... and even in a contentious little forum like this one, the poll is more like 60-40 for... pick your number wisely image

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Originally posted by Rusque

Remember when paying monthly for cable TV meant that you got to not have commercials on cable channels, hence the monthly fee to keep it ad free?

Yeah.

lol yeah "this".

OH and you got all the movies in your subscription.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by Sovrath

Remember when paying monthly for cable TV meant that you got to not have commercials on cable channels, hence the monthly fee to keep it ad free?

Yeah.

lol yeah "this".

It's not even the movies any more. Now they throw the best TV series like Dexter, The News Room, Board Walk Empire... into the additional $$ movie channels...the bastards! image

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    every mmo publisher, including subscription based ones charge for character rename, race change, gender change, faction change, server change. i don't see the problem if ESO add these services in an in game cash shop, beats the hassle of logging off game and go to account management  web page of game, then fill out form, then fill out payment option, then wait about an hour for changes to take effect and then login. it is convenience and i am not against it. now if you bring out the mounts and pets blizzard sell in WOW store, i don't see any problem either, there are over 300 mounts in game and nearly 1000 pets. why do people go to buy from store is beyond me, i remember i got kicked out of a guild because the guild leader was showing off "heart of the aspect" mount and i said : "congrats to your wallet". i simply don't care for these vanity items and i don't care if they sell those in an in game cash shop, they are extra and blizzard did say they would add exclusive pets and mounts in web store. now this is where my tolerance level stops, where my rage comes out : transmog items in cash shop, blizzard promised they will add unique transmog items in black market AH, instead they are adding them in cash shop, greedy **********(omitted the slang myself, imagine everything you can). i hope ESO don't add any kind of promised item into cash shop. hope no one digs their own grave like that.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• PanthienPanthien Member UncommonPosts: 559
    Originally posted by Sovrath

Yeah.

lol yeah "this".

It's not even the movies any more. Now they throw the best TV series like Dexter, The News Room, Board Walk Empire... into the additional $$ movie channels...the bastards! image

Except.. speaking fluff here, every single mmo in history has proven this (especially the ones without cash shops proof this fact) they sell fluff/styles that wouldnt have been added or even created without it. Games come with X-Y styles, mounts, vanity pets etc etc and dont add any new ones outside special events or content updates.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

I don't mind a subscription.I do mind a subscription plus cash shop.

I do mind what seems like an ongoing litany of  feature/production decisions I'm not happy with.

From being an avid follower of the game ...I now focus on trying to have fun with todays  games .

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

*rolls eyes* A boycott? Really? You can't be serious! You plan to boycott a game that isn't even released because it has a payment model you don't like based on a shop of which we know close to nothing?

Sounds a bit too much like drama tbh. I wait and see how everything is like.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• Brabbit1987Brabbit1987 Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Originally posted by Brabbit1987

Considering the IP,  the fact tat this will be one the first MMOs available on the PS4/XB1 that isn't a PS3 Port and that a good, but not great, game like Rift can do it, I hardly think it's unlikely. Care to pick a number and make side bet?

My pick... 2 years +, what's yours? 

It's amusing to see the wishful thinking freeloaders comment on my 2 years but not on the troll''s "few months." You guys are funny. 

And...careful, don't forget your last prediction... "70% of everyone on the internet hate that it's P2P" ... and even in a contentious little forum like this one, the poll is more like 60-40 for... pick your number wisely image

I had a huge thing written out, but then just deleted it. I decided you are not worth the time to argue with. I don't think it would really matter what I said, or numbers I showed. Your mind will not change. You think you are right and nothing will change that until you are proven wrong. So the only way will know for sure is when the game is released and we see how long it lasts.

Also this comment

"And...careful, don't forget your last prediction... "70% of everyone on the internet hate that it's P2P" ... and even in a contentious little forum like this one, the poll is more like 60-40 for... pick your number wisely image"

You act like I was proven wrong -.-, and you tell me to pick MY numbers wisely as if your numbers are anymore smarter then mine -.- This is why I don't argue with people like you. You said at one point I was condescending, but your a lot worse.  At least when I did it, I was just fooling around.

• AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834

Personally if I don't buy it... it won't be due to any of the things in the title.   It would be IF EQ Landmark is actually out before the end or the year (or at least in a beta state that I am in).   Simply because I am more interested in building things on my plot at this point.

If EQ Landmark was delayed and ESO came out.. I'd buy it.

• yalbnyalbn Member UncommonPosts: 11

Like they say, if you cant take the heat get out of the kitchen!

Its all about making money for any company and  im sure alot of pple arent happy with Box and Sub fee's but with a big fan base like this im sure they will do well.

I plan on giving it a shot.

Well back to FFARR for me until wildstar or EQN beta

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

#1 reason I wouldn't buy it, is if I deem the mmo is no good and does not offer something I want, number 2 would be a cash shop that isn't basically cosmetic only, if it is a f2p type cash shop, then no thanks...I like p2p to avoid f2p cash shops, not get one to go along with it.

P2P and sub....doesn't show up on my radar as a reason not to play a game.

• Kayo45Kayo45 Member Posts: 293
    They mentioned 1 single thing being in the cash shop, that Ive read about, and it was a name change or something. If thats all theyll have then Ill happily pay. If they start adding "cosmetics" and "leveling potions" ... idgaf, thats content ... they can go f themselves.

This game is 3rd on my list anyway. They havent really impressed me with anything yet. Having a full cash shop would just piss of both the p2p crowd and the f2p.
  • ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    Having a subscription model for an Elder Scrolls rpg is not very Elder Scrolls like now is it...
  • RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029

game is worth it,even though I am not happy with subscription fee.

rather moan if they don't give us game content worth the subscription fee.

don't buy crap now save your money or wait till end of next year then it will be free.

we all were bitshing that we cant play skyrim with our friends now we can play the hole world of

elders scrolls I am in 100%.

• RorhcRorhc Member UncommonPosts: 115

Well it sounds like they already have a plan B lined up with the in game cash shop incase the sub thing doesn't do well. Beats having to implement it afterwards.

This could end up being very interesting.

• Mari2kMari2k Member UncommonPosts: 367
    Originally posted by spankybus

I reserve my principles for boycotting companies who take advantage of people, animals, maybe even the environment. thinks that actually matter.

This is a game...games are chewing gum. Play it, have fun, spit it out, find a new piece.

I admire your conviction...there are a few organizations that could make good use of your zeal...forgive me if I just cannot get behind this one.

maybe for you, for many mmos are their fist life.

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by Betakodo

Remember when subscription fees meant everything was in game and there were cash shop money grabs? Remember when the first free to play game came out that was supported not by a subscription, but cash shop items? Cash shop items are supposed to be an alternate to the subscription model, but now they're going for the full money grab? What is this, Korea? It was stupid enough when world of warcraft did it, and people still defended the game and their money grab.

I was interested in the game, but on principle - will not buy it if they're going to do this. I play MMO's so I can work my way up to the cool looking stuffs. But if they're going to take the cool looking items out of the game and make me pay like $7 bucks for a "Fun" item, yeah not going to happen. I was just wondering how many people are giving this game a pass due to this.

Wait.. so you play MMO's to get cool looking stuff?  Wow dude, I feel bad for you... I really do.

Is that what the MMO community has turned into?  People who are just looking for the new shiny thing?  Have we as humans, devolved into mindless animals?  Wow.

I get your point, I really do.  But I'm going to do what I always do.  Which is to not take part in the cash shop.  I'm not forced to, so I won't.  Any game that forces me to do this to get ahead, I won't play.  Pretty simple in my book.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    Originally posted by potlaki

game is worth it,even though I am not happy with subscription fee.

rather moan if they don't give us game content worth the subscription fee.

don't buy crap now save your money or wait till end of next year then it will be free.

we all were bitshing that we cant play skyrim with our friends now we can play the hole world of

elders scrolls I am in 100%.

Skyrim > Elder Scrolls Online. You can't just make a multiplayer game, call it Elder Scrolls Online and expect ES fans to just be happy with it. I'm sorry but people want Skyrim Online instead of this. 

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

As all smart MMO gamers these days do, I will wait till its released and running before i consider buying the game or condemn the payment model.

Boycotting a game you know nothing about? Seriously?

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• DuvarisDuvaris Member UncommonPosts: 127
    As long as its only cosmetic I don't care. It's not like this is anything new though. Other companies have done this. As long as people are willing to pay for it, I don't see anything wrong with it. They are in this business to make money after all. I am not really sure I'll even be playing it. Have to wait for open beta to decide.
  • hasho83hasho83 Member UncommonPosts: 84
     I was so excited bout this game ... but after i saw the payment type,i said : nope this aint gona be for me ... ;( (btw i rly love Elder Of Scrolls 3 Morrowind )
This discussion has been closed.