Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worst launch of any *NEXT GEN* mmorpg ever?

1235»

Comments

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by Naqaj
    Well, it's not a particularly flawless launch, but is definitely not the worst ever, not even the worst in recent time.

It was a pretty bad start.

But once the launch is ironed out, the game will speak for itself. And just like every single MMO ever launched, the launch will be referred back to as a side note in the game's history. As far as where the game goes from here, time will tell.

But in every case with MMOs, other than maybe Anarchy Online. Launches were figured out quickly enough and the game was experienced on its own merit.

You can list all the MMOs that launched in the past 10 years and order them by smoothness of their launch. Then make another column next to that list and re order the same list of games based on their overall success as an MMORPG and then see there is no connection between the two.

• Greymantle4Greymantle4 Member UncommonPosts: 809
    Have to say its the worst launch I have been apart of since SWG.
  • NiurNiur Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Originally posted by Mahavishnu

1. This game is the exact opposite of "next gen" it is catered to "old style" players who wish some of the old feeling of classical MMOs back.

How is this game catered to "old style" players who want some of the classical MMO feelings back? This game is nothing like the older generation of classic MMO's. It's exactly like the new generation of smashing through content in rapid time, no real reason to group up in the open world and short and very simple instanced dungeon crawls. Complete with dungeon finders and quest helpers etc it is very much a modern MMO catered to a modern style of playing. It's not next gen by any means, but it is nothing like classical either. If that's what SE were aiming for, then they have missed the mark...

• timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865
    Same problems with WoW, Neverwinter, GW2, Aion, SWTOR etc. etc. .. nothing new to see
    Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • PulsarManPulsarMan Member Posts: 289

Hasn't 'launched' yet. ;) 

But yeah, it's frustrating. Frustrating because I want to play so terribly bad I burst into a fireball of death and destruction when I run into errors. <3

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858
    Originally posted by TheRealDarkeus

Lol...  Early Access = Last Beta Test.

Always has, always will. 

And yet, that totally wasn't the case with SWTOR.

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643

Wow are the fanboys out of their mind.

Yes it's one of the worst for any MMO ever for one of the sole reasons that they are locking servers instead of creating a long queue for people.  There are tons of gaming communities separated from each other with no hope of getting all their players onto the same server.

Communication has been awful during this period and the draconian ways of locking servers and telling players that the server is full and try back later is insane.

What would of been smart wass to allow people to transfer their characters off a high pop server to a low pop server. 

I love how they are telling people to go to a lower pop server, BUT HAVE NO WAY OF SHOWING WHICH ONES ARE LOW POP.

You either know if a server is full/locked or it's not.  That's it.

lol

Of course it's one of the worst ever.  The game is amazing.  They grossly underestimated player interest and their response has been craptastic.

• OzivoisOzivois Member UncommonPosts: 598
    I would be upset too if I pre-ordered specifically to get early access and subsequently, due to the inability to play the game during the early access period, never really got what I bought.
  • jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643
    Originally posted by Ozivois
    I would be upset too if I pre-ordered specifically to get early access and subsequently, due to the inability to play the game during the early access period, never really got what I bought.

Well I've NEVER seen a game where you have a character.  You log in the next day and try to play and they tell you "Server is Full.  Try again later."

No queue, nothing. 

Just wow.

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    I'm not sweating it. I mean I am annoyed a little but I did play 1.0 for free for several months so I can't complain. Plus I can log into my legacy character trapped on the jjapanese legacy servers. I'm glad now I never transferred

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    This is a forum, not a competition. The OP doesn't contain anything substantial/to discuss and if you want to dispute the other thread, I suggest you do it IN the other thread.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.