Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any good hints on UI settings ?

page975page975 Member Posts: 312

OK

Screen clutter.  Names everyplace, all over the screen. Players,targets, all non targeted mobs, npc's you name it.  I can't seem to get a good set up for screen clutter.

I just played my first round of Sastasha ( lv 16-17 dungeon ). The dungeon was too dark, and the screen clutter was real bad. As a healer I had to totally rely on my players bars and every now and then click on tab to target a mob, but because of the screen clutter I would have no idea in what direction I was targeting something.

Lock boxes for loot were almost invisable in the darkness.....

All this worked out, and we had a good run, but it was really not fun because of screen clutter and darkness.  Later I turned up my TV britness but when you come out of a dungeon you have to turn it back down because your eyes bleed.

Any suggestions ? 

Comments

• DzoneDzone Member UncommonPosts: 371
    ooh yes, i would also like to see some pictures of some peaples ui's :)
  • AlamarethAlamareth Member UncommonPosts: 570
    Originally posted by page975

OK

Screen clutter.  Names everyplace, all over the screen. Players,targets, all non targeted mobs, npc's you name it.  I can't seem to get a good set up for screen clutter.

I just played my first round of Sastasha ( lv 16-17 dungeon ). The dungeon was too dark, and the screen clutter was real bad. As a healer I had to totally rely on my players bars and every now and then click on tab to target a mob, but because of the screen clutter I would have no idea in what direction I was targeting something.

Lock boxes for loot were almost invisable in the darkness.....

All this worked out, and we had a good run, but it was really not fun because of screen clutter and darkness.  Later I turned up my TV britness but when you come out of a dungeon you have to turn it back down because your eyes bleed.

Any suggestions ? 

Oh my friend, you barely scratched the surface.  Wait until you have 3 full hotkeys plus a pet bar, 5 quests to the right of the screen, and a party of 5.  I have found no solution thus far, but I do rely almost solely on the UI when I'm playing - so it is functional.  The only time I actually look at the game is to make sure I'm avoid those red areas from boss skills.

The UI looks very customizable, hit escape - UI settings.  However, I've been unable to lower the clutter because I NEED everything I have.  My screen just isn't large enough I guess.

Review your button settings, as there is pretty much a button for everything.  Including targeting the target of a mob (and vice versa).   The clutter doesn't get much better, but the game is highly functional.

• TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006
    in layout mode click on any ui piece then hold control and tap the Home key, this will let you resize that ui element to either small,normal or large. You can also right click the ui element while in layout mode to hide it.
  • page975page975 Member Posts: 312
    Originally posted by TribeofOne
    in layout mode click on any ui piece then hold control and tap the Home key, this will let you resize that ui element to either small,normal or large. You can also right click the ui element while in layout mode to hide it.

Yes I already reduced the size of the hot bars and moved things around in good places. But I'm talking on the lines of the playing field.  Names and health bars are just so big they fill up the screen and make a hell of a lot of clutter :(

• PoufPouf Member Posts: 341
    Yea i am a healer and the party frame is crap, takes way to much space so show a small health bar, and it is wayyy to large
  • ZizouXZizouX Member Posts: 670

Solo Build

Party Ui Build

Go to the HUD Display.

Click on any of the elements (example, Hotbar 1)

Do Control+Home, and it will toggle between 80%, 100%, or 120% size. 

You can make everything on the ui 80% of the original, which will free you of your clutter.  Most of my HUD display above is 80% on 1080p monitor/video card.

Nice screen shots but why do I see 9999 of everything, how did you do that?
    Originally posted by Pouf
    Nice screen shots but why do I see 9999 of everything, how did you do that?

Because I created that UI using the HUD editor from a website...

Here.

Ty for the answer
    Originally posted by TribeofOne

This is good news, I knew about resizing the action bars but dident know everything else can be made smaller, will try it now thanks :)

• DEATHRAMENTDEATHRAMENT Member UncommonPosts: 701
    Is there anyway to remove cast bars from party members? It's distracting. Also is there any way to turn off other players effects when they cast spells?
    Originally posted by DEATHRAMENT
    Is there anyway to remove cast bars from party members? It's distracting. Also is there any way to turn off other players effects when they cast spells?

there are options for you to turn off the combat effects of party members and npc's, forgot where.

I have mine set to all graphics, and none for everyone else. I think it looks better like this.

JUST TO LET EVERYONE KNOW :

Yes, you can change the size of EVERYTHING in your UI,......  ctrl + < home >

By default everything is big.  Making everything small is still not small but about right

Life will be so much better now !