Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How will combos work?

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
Does anyone have any idea how combos in this games combat system will work?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• StuddleyStuddley Member Posts: 37
     It sure looks like it is going to involve a lot more reacting to what is happening rather than just hitting the same combo over and over. With the break-out mechanics & resistance to crowd-control and the telegraph targeting, combos will probably be more dynamic and situational. I can't wait to use that kick it looks like the warrior has, but saving it for the guy that just got feared to run over by the cliff edge, I'm grinning already. The blind and the disorient effects should add some chaos too.
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Studdley
     It sure looks like it is going to involve a lot more reacting to what is happening rather than just hitting the same combo over and over. With the break-out mechanics & resistance to crowd-control and the telegraph targeting, combos will probably be more dynamic and situational. I can't wait to use that kick it looks like the warrior has, but saving it for the guy that just got feared to run over by the cliff edge, I'm grinning already. The blind and the disorient effects should add some chaos too.

I guess that combos will work when certain skills are used in a certain chain.... 

Even better, if i am correct, all six skills will allways influence the combo, so if combos contain of 3 skill chains...  then with 6 skills you might have more then 200 options... 

Tough, it might not be individuall skills that influence the combos, but it could be groups of skills, that create combos...  well have to see, how this works out...

Interesting to see, how this might work out if every skill influences the next 2 skills used in different ways...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• jesusjuice69jesusjuice69 Member Posts: 276
    Where did you hear about combos?
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by jesusjuice69
    Where did you hear about combos?

They refered to them in several of their videos..

My nest bet is that they are talking about combos comming from your own skills... and not how combo field work in GW2... y best bet is every skills will influence the next or even the next 2 or 3 skills used...

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122

Huh, I have no memory of WildStar mentioning that it's combat will have 'combos' whereas something special procs based on a certain combination of keystrokes. However, there are strategic moves that can be chained together for maximum efffectiveness, which some have called 'combos'.

Here is a page from the Wiki that shows some of the Warrior "combos" http://wildstar.gamepedia.com/Warrior/DPS_Build but these are more about using abilities in the right order for maximum effectiveness, not what some might ordinarily call a combo.

If there are special procs (i.e., Aion or GW2) that appear based on consecutive keystrokes, I would love a source.

I might add that there are skills that when pressed consecutive times (i.e., press "relentless strike" three times and the third press will hit for extra damage). I suppose this could be seen as a type of combo, but it's just hitting the same skill 3 times. This doesn't really fit into what I would call a combo.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• JinzouningenJinzouningen Member UncommonPosts: 39

in regards to the OP's question. i dunno but i sure found a nice gameplay video i hadnt seen before.

http://youtu.be/J0TdsPVLna4