Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free trial of GW2 for the weekend

neurojameneurojame Member Posts: 26

Anybody who's still on the fence about trying out the game can check it out this weekend for free.

https://register.guildwars2.com/trial

I've been playing it for a year and having a lot of fun with it. Check it out.

Comments

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

And as someone who feels the game itself isn't very good and is one of the weakest MMos to come out in years, I suggest you try it out and see. 

Yeah, a person who feels the game isn't very good is gunning for you to try it. Best to give it a shot and see how you like it. Even though I feel its not that great of a game, it doesn't mean you might not like it still, I've liked plenty of 'meh' games before. The biggest benefit is if you put 2-3 hours in, you pretty much got everything you need to know about the game. If you don't like it then, you can safely quit it and know you aren't really missing out on anything. 

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by Purutzil

And as someone who feels the game itself isn't very good and is one of the weakest MMos to come out in years, I suggest you try it out and see. 

Yeah, a person who feels the game isn't very good is gunning for you to try it. Best to give it a shot and see how you like it. Even though I feel its not that great of a game, it doesn't mean you might not like it still, I've liked plenty of 'meh' games before. The biggest benefit is if you put 2-3 hours in, you pretty much got everything you need to know about the game. If you don't like it then, you can safely quit it and know you aren't really missing out on anything. 

You are starting to get lame ....Do you actually think negative post over and over in the GW2 forums are going to persuade folks to go play Tera ?

• neurojameneurojame Member Posts: 26

I've got no problems with Purutzils post. He tried it, he didn't like it and thats fine.

I agree with him that now's the time when people can form there own opinion of the game for free instead of reading what everyone else thinks.

I've really enjoyed it and it's got a great living story chapter going on right now. When I find something I enjoy I try to share it with others.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Purutzil, you are trying too hard to let people know you dont like the game. Just because you arent missing out on anything (because obviously you dont like the game) doesnt mean someone else would feel the same. Your post was as weak as you say the game is. But dont try harder, just move on. The game isnt for you, dont try to convert people to your beliefs. Move on.

Now is the chance for people on the fence to try it and see for themselves if they want to get it or not.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

I just grabbed this link to try and motivate some of you. The PvE in GW2 is top notch, but PvP imho is one of the best. It's all up to how skilled you are in this game, and not your gear as much as other titles. 4V30? No problem. WvWvW can be joined almost as soon as you start. 

The game is solid and filled with players that can kick your ass! Give it a shot, it's free! 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• faiyofaiyo Member Posts: 123

My eyes have never rolled so far back. I saw my brain even.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by faiyo

My eyes have never rolled so far back. I saw my brain even.

lol, I hope you got a good inspection while you were looking around!

Well, I think that if you try any game only for 2-3 hours you haven't really tried it at all. In GW2 there is way more to accomplish than just PvE to find out if it's something you like. Heck, in  that amount of time sPvP alone flies by for me and that is just scratching the surface.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Wow... I've played so many MMORPG's since the 90's, GW2 is easily one of the top. Now that they've gotten rid of culling, it's actually shocking to how many people are around you!

• PiechunksPiechunks Member Posts: 136

In all honesty, you can get the GW2 experience in a few hours of play, assuming you have a few knowledgeable 80's to run you through some content and give you the gold to craft yourself to 80 (along with exotic gear costs)... most people at this point who have played a while could actually afford to do so.

Once you've done at least one of the good jumping puzzles, participated in a WvW zerg, done an SPvP fight, an Arah explorable and a fractal you've pretty much tasted a sample platter of the meat of the game.

For me the GW2 experience is mostly the leveling and exploration of the zones; there is all kinds of detail to discover, like instruments you can play to unveil treasure chests, etc... I cannot stress doing the jumping puzzles enough, because they are the best novel aspect of the MMO to me (along with fast travel).

GW2 has a very weak end-game, at least if you're into the classical approach. I'll stress again that it is the skyrim of MMOs: vast, expansive and (arguably) fun, but very shallow.