Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worst launch of any *NEXT GEN* mmorpg ever?

Comments

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    These people bleeding rage out of every orifice at every mmorg release that has problems have no patience or experience. Sit back chill out and wait a bit til the game stabilises - you will survive not winning the rush to end-game you are addicted to.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• KabulozoKabulozo Member RarePosts: 932
    I saw hundred of threads like this one when GW2 was about to be launched. This same shit is happening again. People just have no patience.
  • geoxer2222geoxer2222 Member Posts: 40
    Originally posted by Torcip
    What exactly is meant by "next gen"?

Think he means the fish swim away when u get near them.

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    Give someone the ability to place $5 down on a game with a nonbinding contract and they think they own you. Who'd have thunk it! And to those that pre-purchased through SE, that charge doesn't show up until Aug 30th it seems now.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• TheRealDarkeusTheRealDarkeus Member UncommonPosts: 314

Lol...  Early Access = Last Beta Test.

Always has, always will.  And yet every MMO launch ever, same complaining.  Should we expect better?  Maybe

But bitching too much about what is pretty much standard is just too much.  Yep, the servers have been screwed.  Yep, SE probably didn't plan for the amount of players.  And also, aren't the PS3 and PC people on the same servers?  If they are, that has got to be fun....

SE should have done much better but all of this incessant bitching is too much.  Complaining is good and lets a company know how they screwed up.

But some of this goes beyond complaining.  It gets kind of sad actually.

• MagKilnMagKiln Member Posts: 46
    Next Gen???? Not even Close!
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Oh jeez, who cares?

If the game is great, we'll forget about the launch

If the game sux, we'll forget about the game.

• VoqarVoqar Member UncommonPosts: 510

Getting to be that way.  Multiple outages, no improvement, lotsa people not getting to play at all, no new servers, next to no communication.

Premium MMORPGs do not feature built-in cheating via cash for gold pay 2 win. PLAY to win or don't play.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    I'm shocked because they spent a long time in beta with this.  What were they thinking ?
  • ZhenocnraZhenocnra Member UncommonPosts: 40

L O L THIS IS HILARIOUS LOL! Square Enix is SO funny, LOL! I can't even believe I held out hope they'd recognize if beta was as crowded as it was, official release is going to be a FUNNY FEST LOLOLOL! And if the servers keep saying "the world is full, please try again later", I'm sure Square Enix believes this will be an acceptable and sufficient answer to their customers

AHAHAHAHA Square Enix you're just digging your own grave now, LOL! Keep going!

• emotaemota Member UncommonPosts: 413
    yes there have been lots of problems, way to many to consider the early access as anything other than terrible.
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Don't you need access before you can call it early access...
  • RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    rather wait for a good mmo like ESO,like me
  • GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

technically it's not launched yet...I knew as an early access, I'd be a guinea pig, and was expecting most of these problems.  The game is completely playable if you can get in.  So it's by far not the worst.  Seems like every time a game comes out these pop up.  Every game has problems when a million people try it out for the first time.

Just chill...it'll be fixed.  If they have to add more servers or something, they just can't do it in 2 seconds...which seems to be the going time for anything that happens to fix itself or people get all "OMG IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD!" lol

Edit: WoW had a horrible first 6 months...but nobody remembers that, and I think that game did pretty good lol.  It's been a whopping 2 days, omg how could they do this too us all omg omg omg, they're all gonna lose thier jobs and go out of business...wow people, impatient much?

• jskeets916jskeets916 Member Posts: 154
    Originally posted by Zhenocnra

L O L THIS IS HILARIOUS LOL! Square Enix is SO funny, LOL! I can't even believe I held out hope they'd recognize if beta was as crowded as it was, official release is going to be a FUNNY FEST LOLOLOL! And if the servers keep saying "the world is full, please try again later", I'm sure Square Enix believes this will be an acceptable and sufficient answer to their customers

You realize when they planned for a set number of players and that is overwhelmingly exceeded to the point that server stability is shot, new character creation is suspended, that's not a failure...

It means more and more of you haters, like I predicted would happen, are jumping on the bandwagon and causing them to restructure to support an immensely larger sub base than anticipated?

All this qq yet the servers are STILL being pounded minute by minute...

But have fun with your server mergers on whatever MMO your playing these days... These issues may take a few weeks to hammer out but SE is by no means complaining Mr. Wise Guy.

Despite all this constant qq about refunds quitting and usual modern day entitlement issues, the people aren't quitting and giving up they are still sitting in their chairs spamming the log in button...

SE Winning, they have no problem with this unprecedented ridiculous demand... 1.0 didn't have close to these numbers of servers and still had took less of a beating. This is a firms dream for their industry.

• DemrocksDemrocks Member UncommonPosts: 136

Some mmo's have a good launch and some mmo's have a bad launch.

Nothing we can do about it.

Just give it time :P

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Early access should actually be easier than launch.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    Originally posted by jskeets916
    Originally posted by Zhenocnra

You realize when they planned for a set number of players and that is overwhelmingly exceeded to the point that server stability is shot, new character creation is suspended, that's not a failure...

It means more and more of you haters, like I predicted would happen, are jumping on the bandwagon and causing them to restructure to support an immensely larger sub base than anticipated?

All this qq yet the servers are STILL being pounded minute by minute...

But have fun with your server mergers on whatever MMO your playing these days... These issues may take a few weeks to hammer out but SE is by no means complaining Mr. Wise Guy.

Despite all this constant qq about refunds quitting and usual modern day entitlement issues, the people aren't quitting and giving up they are still sitting in their chairs spamming the log in button...

SE Winning, they have no problem with ridiculous demand... That's what firms look dream for in their industry...

+1

I don't think they thought that there were going to be so many preorders in NA-EU.  Let's face it people from NA-EU are spoiled, and want everything done now and done right the first time.  After 1.0, they figured that NA-EU were like, "They aren't getting another dime from me!"

They were wrong in that guess, but I still don't mind.  Even with the issues, it's still a great game.  After trying to log in for awhile.  I've gotten on, and stayed on pretty much until they do a maintenance then I'm like "omg what time is it, I'm hungry!" lol

• sudosudo Member UncommonPosts: 697
    I can't think of a single feature of FFXIV that is next gen, but yes, such server capacity problems in 2013 are not acceptable.

"Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted.
    Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."
    Hans Margolius

• jskeets916jskeets916 Member Posts: 154
    Originally posted by sudo
    I can't think of a single feature of FFXIV that is next gen, but yes, such server capacity problems in 2013 are not acceptable.

Says who? The young boys entitlement club of America?

Or is this coming from your experience of at-home developing and launching of MMO's?

Sorry to burst your bubble but their hasn't been this level of initial hype/popularity/demand at the launch of an MMO since SWTOR, and before that WoW.

Were you there for either of those games launches? Because I can testify to similar if not worse conditions when the flood gates finally did open.

Edit: 2013 has nothing to do with, advances in technical aspects such as graphics or required hardware to run a game does not mean the servers can't stressed or overloaded, maybe if this game had the technical aspects identical to WoW and SWTOR you may have an argument, but this a new game, totally different situation.

• RewhymoRewhymo Member Posts: 53
    Originally posted by nomatics856
    I think so.

I played up until the maintenance issues. Drank lots of red bull and i had zero issues. 

SE did a fine job creating a game and its IMPOSSIBLE to have a perfect launch which FF14 has not officially launched yet. they've only opened the game up to pre-orders. Which is actually another stress test. All games to my knowledge have had issues during launch or early access. 

Hell take the MMO juggernaut for example WoW had in my MMO experience the worse launch ever. These minor issues SE are having are just that minor. And they are sorting them out rather fast if you ask me. 

• Riposte.ThisRiposte.This Member Posts: 192
    Originally posted by Pandrax
    I think so.

Nope. Far from the worst. Far from the best. Take this time to appreciate the finer things in life, go have some social time, relax. Life is not about obsessions.

First off I pre ordered for early access I did not pre order just so I can go out side. Thats not an excuse. Matter fact you have the worst excuse ever.

I bet you would have pre-ordered regardless of the early access. You didn't pay anything extra for early access, so relax and do something constructive.

Killing dragons is my shit

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

The amount of entitlement I've been witnessing on the forums, both here, and on nearly every other place, is obscene.

OP you should be ashamed of your behavior.

:-(

• RewhymoRewhymo Member Posts: 53
    Originally posted by Laughing-man

The amount of entitlement I've been witnessing on the forums, both here, and on nearly every other place, is obscene.

+1

Because of my experience with mmos ive come to expect issues like the ones happening. So what they happen. Are your lifes so fucking lame and pathetic that ones games woes are your boring ass lifes crysis? 

Christ people. If theres an issue dont complain if your willing to complain that get off your ass and go apply at square enix and use your infinite wisdom and knowledge to help them better their game. but if you cant do that then shut up and go play another game while you wait. It wont kill you to do other things. 

This is why my steam library has 75 installed games. I always have some thing to do.

Issues happen get over yourself. 

• General-ZodGeneral-Zod Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Originally posted by Rewhymo
    Originally posted by Laughing-man

+1

Because of my experience with mmos ive come to expect issues like the ones happening. So what they happen. Are your lifes so fucking lame and pathetic that ones games woes are your boring ass lifes crysis? 

Christ people. If theres an issue dont complain if your willing to complain that get off your ass and go apply at square enix and use your infinite wisdom and knowledge to help them better their game. but if you cant do that then shut up and go play another game while you wait. It wont kill you to do other things. 

This is why my steam library has 75 installed games. I always have some thing to do.

Issues happen get over yourself. 

When I see threads like this on Mmorpg.com it reminds me of this Louis c.k clip...

http://www.you.tube.com/watch?v=6uyKNYzpwZI

This discussion has been closed.