Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

what are we supose to do?

i'm asking the fanboys...  WTF is someone  suppose to do when the games launches and  still cant log in?

none of the people i game with haven't been able to log in all day.... i know to the fanbois this is fine a non issue....... game works as intended ... its launch.... blah blah.... just saying by friday if you still cant log in what action do you take.... ask for a refund? nerd rage on forums? to me there is no point in even registering a game key for like a month after game launches so i actually get to play....

Comments

• TorcipTorcip Member UncommonPosts: 669
    You already have your answer, get a refund. Why are you baiting a flame thread?
  • RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    why dont you give them a few days
  • mysticalspammysticalspam Member Posts: 64
    Originally posted by Torcip
    You already have your answer, get a refund. Why are you baiting a flame thread?

i already went through the refund stage.... got one then friday reorderd the game.... just the people i play with are bailing... i'd give SE  a month....

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    I wonder if guys asking for refunds give up on chicks these easily? I guess they would if they're only interested in one thing and can't get it on the first night...

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• crysentcrysent Member UncommonPosts: 841

What exactly are you looking for here?  

We are all in the same boat as you.  You can either be patient and wait, or ask for a refund and let it go...There is no magic answer.

• TorcipTorcip Member UncommonPosts: 669
    Originally posted by Ramonski7
    I wonder if guys asking for refunds give up on chicks these easily? I guess they would if they're only interested in one thing and can't get it on the first night...

Haha, haven't heard that one before. I'll make sure I remember it.

Originally posted by crysent

What exactly are you looking for here?  

We are all in the same boat as you.  You can either be patient and wait, or ask for a refund and let it go...There is no magic answer.

sorry i am trying to find excues to keep my friends from bailing......  me personally i am waiting. it's a good game

i did get a refund from a hooker once..... true story... she looked nothing like the picture on the internets....

• VoqarVoqar Member UncommonPosts: 510

The fanboys would tell you to bend over and take it.

Which...is pretty much what you have to do, except maybe without the fanboy flare.

It's unlikely that enough players will ever put their money where their mouth is and cancel/not play to the point of making a statement to the entire MMORPG genre that crappy launches won't be tolerated.  No launch is ever smooth.  Some are worse than others.  This one is pretty bad.

In X number of days or a couple of weeks none of these issues will exist, nobody will be talking about it at all, all will be forgiven and forgotten, and everybody will be happily grinding along.

Premium MMORPGs do not feature built-in cheating via cash for gold pay 2 win. PLAY to win or don't play.

• kayidokayido Member UncommonPosts: 8
    I know its frustrating , i bought it too today and i dont have any serial key with it , cant do anything . We just have to wait it , its not so bad, patience.
  • HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030
    Oh I love these threads that crop up for every MMO launch!  I think I'll save them for good reading material tomorrow at work!
    Originally posted by Voqar

The fanboys would tell you to bend over and take it.

Which...is pretty much what you have to do, except maybe without the fanboy flare.

It's unlikely that enough players will ever put their money where their mouth is and cancel/not play to the point of making a statement to the entire MMORPG genre that crappy launches won't be tolerated.  No launch is ever smooth.  Some are worse than others.  This one is pretty bad.

In X number of days or a couple of weeks none of these issues will exist, nobody will be talking about it at all, all will be forgiven and forgotten, and everybody will be happily grinding along.

Please educate me and name one mmorpg in the history of this genre that has attempted what SE is attempting and has done it better? And before you get all jumpy, the stipulations are as follows:

Simultaneous release of a full blown mmorpg:

Across 3 (or more) regions (EU/NA/JPN)

Across 2 (or more) platforms (PC/PS3)

With in-game translations for 4 languages (or more) (JP/EN/FR/GE)

All playing on the same servers

BTW we are talking continents here not countries when I say regions. So as long as they speak at least one of the 4 languages, has a PC or PS3 and lives in either Europe, North America or Japan they can play on any server with no regional blocks. Plus they are transferring old PC only 1.0 players (from NA/EU/JP) over to this new system and servers.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• sojobo69sojobo69 Member UncommonPosts: 72

Have to wonder this myself since you paid this chick (SE)  and she now says bend over and take it .. see you got it the first night just not how you thought you would get it...

Originally posted by Homitu
    Oh I love these threads that crop up for every MMO launch!  I think I'll save them for good reading material tomorrow at work!

wow you read at work!! i'm going to email your boss....

• Mors-SubitaMors-Subita Member UncommonPosts: 517

Please educate me

Gladly

and name one mmorpg in the history of this genre that has attempted what SE is attempting and has done it better?

GW2

And before you get all jumpy, the stipulations are as follows:

NE/EU/AU+NZ/Africa/UAE That is 5 by my count.

True, it was only for PC... That being said, apart from the client portion there is no difference on the server side or in the network traffic. They both connect to the same back-end.

English, French, German, and Spanish (Spanish was text only, the other 3 are fully voiced over)

BTW we are talking continents here not countries when I say regions. So as long as they speak at least one of the 4 languages, has a PC or PS3 and lives in either Europe, North America or Japan they can play on any server with no regional blocks.

Yup, I had people from 4 of the 5 regions in my guild, so pretty sure all of them were able to play on any server.

Plus they are transferring old PC only 1.0 players (from NA/EU/JP) over to this new system and servers.

You are aware that all of the characters are just DB entries, right? Even if the tables and structure are different, importing the data into the new DB is not terrible as long as they have a competent DB Admin.

Originally posted by sojobo69

Have to wonder this myself since you paid this chick (SE)  and she now says bend over and take it .. see you got it the first night just not how you thought you would get it...

See that's where you're wrong about me. Yes I took her to dinner and paid for her meal, but where refunders are looking for a quick turnover for that dinner (and thus feel like they've been screwed), I'm more inclined to wait until the situation is more beneficial for me...

Originally posted by Mors-Subita

Please educate me

Gladly

and name one mmorpg in the history of this genre that has attempted what SE is attempting and has done it better?

GW2

And before you get all jumpy, the stipulations are as follows:

NE/EU/AU+NZ/Africa/UAE That is 5 by my count.

True, it was only for PC... That being said, apart from the client portion there is no difference on the server side or in the network traffic. They both connect to the same back-end.

English, French, German, and Spanish (Spanish was text only, the other 3 are fully voiced over)

BTW we are talking continents here not countries when I say regions. So as long as they speak at least one of the 4 languages, has a PC or PS3 and lives in either Europe, North America or Japan they can play on any server with no regional blocks.

Yup, I had people from 4 of the 5 regions in my guild, so pretty sure all of them were able to play on any server.

Plus they are transferring old PC only 1.0 players (from NA/EU/JP) over to this new system and servers.

You are aware that all of the characters are just DB entries, right? Even if the tables and structure are different, importing the data into the new DB is not terrible as long as they have a competent DB Admin.

Soon as you mentioned PC only you failed in your example. If it was that easy, don't you think more mmorpg developers would be releasing on multiple platforms?

• Riposte.ThisRiposte.This Member Posts: 192
    kids these days are so impatient

Killing dragons is my shit

• Sunnyguy46Sunnyguy46 Member UncommonPosts: 91

Ask them:

1. How long did they wait for FF XIV to go live?

2. Is it that hard to give them a couple more days to fix their issues?

3. Do they have another game to play until the next MMO releases?

4. Do they consider $30 a "huge" investment?

• TheRealDarkeusTheRealDarkeus Member UncommonPosts: 314

We can play a drinking game for every time the servers go down for emergency maintenance.  Everybody drink!!!  They go down at midnight! 

I am patient but man this sucks.  I am having FUN damnit....  Why do you want to ruin fun SE!!!  image

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

WTF does the launch matter? Think about it. The best launch goes to Rift. One of the worst goes to WoW.  What game was more successful? So in the end, what mattered? The game itself is what mattered. Seriously. If someone is going to bail over a bad early access weekend then, I'm inclined to believe they were going to bail anyway. If you and your friends bail now, but you like the game, you are only hurting yourself. Because in a month, I'll still be enjoying it.

• VassagoMaelVassagoMael Member Posts: 555

If I was going out with a lady and she was a week late to the date I would most certainly give up on her.

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!

• k11keeperk11keeper Member UncommonPosts: 1,048
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

WTF does the launch matter? Think about it. The best launch goes to Rift. One of the worst goes to WoW.  What game was more successful? So in the end, what mattered? The game itself is what mattered. Seriously. If someone is going to bail over a bad early access weekend then, I'm inclined to believe they were going to bail anyway. If you and your friends bail now, but you like the game, you are only hurting yourself. Because in a month, I'll still be enjoying it.

as much as i've been annoyed over the weekend and can't play the game right at this moment when i finally have a decent stretch of time, you are 100% correct. Anyone that would leave over this was already going to leave as soon as their free trial was up.

Every launch I've ever been apart of besides ffxi because the game was in japan for 6 months when it was released here, has had it's issues and maintenance out the gate. This game is not a exception.

Originally posted by VassagoMael

If I was going out with a lady and she was a week late to the date I would most certainly give up on her.

"Can't get it on the first night" kinda implies that the first date is already over...or did you not catch that part? But like you if a chick left me hanging for a week without even lifting a finger to at least try to make an effort I'd drop her like a ton of bricks. So is that what you are implying? That SE isn't even trying? Because from the evidence presented I can at least attest to the fact that they are.

• lugallugal Member UncommonPosts: 671
    I have no sympathy for anybody who pre-orders any game. You deserve what you get for your lack of self control.

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    The reviewer has a mishapen head
    Which means his opinion is skewed
    ...Aldous.MF'n.Huxley