Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMOFALLOUT reports on StarVault financials

Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Comments

• w4ffl3w4ffl3 Member Posts: 36

I love how almost always the only good news that Henrik has is the number of registered users on the forums.

"Just like in the beginning of 2013, we have in the second quarter could see a slightly positive trend as the number of registered members of the Forum of Mortal Online has increased slightly compared to the first quarter, which is obviously pleasing."

Well yeah considering it's impossible for the number of registered members to go down...

(Maybe not impossible for Star Vault)

I can't believe Henrik manages to fool people into investing in his company. I mean, he's not particularly good at it (anyone with a brain should be able to see through the registered forum count bragging), he apparently is just good at finding a bunch of people who are rich and really dumb

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177
    Originally posted by w4ffl3

I love how almost always the only good news that Henrik has is the number of registered users on the forums.

"Just like in the beginning of 2013, we have in the second quarter could see a slightly positive trend as the number of registered members of the Forum of Mortal Online has increased slightly compared to the first quarter, which is obviously pleasing."

Well yeah considering it's impossible for the number of registered members to go down...

(Maybe not impossible for Star Vault)

I can't believe Henrik manages to fool people into investing in his company. I mean, he's not particularly good at it (anyone with a brain should be able to see through the registered forum count bragging), he apparently is just good at finding a bunch of people who are rich and really dumb

Generally the answer I get from Star Vault is to wait until the next quarter to see how much better everything will be.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    Originally posted by Omali

Generally the answer I get from Star Vault is to wait until the next quarter to see how much better everything will be.

I don't doubt it.  Their Community Manager used to post on here and tell us that things were much better THIS month and we couldn't see it because the financials were from PRIOR months.  Of course, when the next financials launched he was proven to be a liar...

Someone with spare time should add up all the loses for the last 3 years and put a dollar value on it.  It would be interesting to know how much they have lost.  Wish I knew how a company can lose so much money but stay afloat...

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

Someone with spare time should add up all the loses for the last 3 years and put a dollar value on it.  It would be interesting to know how much they have lost.  Wish I knew how a company can lose so much money but stay afloat...

If you go by net profits, $1.4 million USD approximately since Q3 2010 when they started recording sales. I have no idea how the sale of shares falls into this equation, but Star Vault reportedly has 10 employees and 441 owners with the majority stakeholder being Nordnet Pensionsförsäkring AB, a bank, holding 29% capital and 22% votes. Henrik Nystrom holds 4% capital and 28% of the votes. 

If you look at the trading, the majority (virtually all) of Star Vault's stock trades are thrown between the same three banks, with numerous cases of the banks selling the stock to themselves. The stock last sold at two cents USD.

So you are saying they have lost over $1.4 million US dollars so far?

WOW...

How do they stay afloat?

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

So you are saying they have lost over $1.4 million US dollars so far?

WOW...

How do they stay afloat?

Investment and issuing new shares. Star Vault had their annual general meeting this past June and discharged the entire Board and Chief Executive Officer, reforming as a board with three members and one alternate director, with Henrik as CEO and Ulf Nystrom as Deputy. The meeting also enabled the Board to provide the company with working capital with which to acquire technology and ease their debt by allowing creditors to settle invested assets for shares in the company. They are also allowed to issue a maximum of ten million shares, and the board is allowed to take these actions (capital and shares) as many times as they feel like.

In English: The board provides the money and they issue more shares. The number of shares on the market has increased by nearly four million since June 30, 2013, if I am reading this correctly.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366
    not so long ago they recieved a 200,000 investment, they have...loyal..fans.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

On a side note it looks like Henrick let slip their name for the next "expansion" as he mentions Dominion.

Isn't this the 3rd or 4th patch that will be based around territory control?  The last few were supposed to be incredible and revolutionary.  I'm sure this one will be great too.   From what I read it's going to be focused on player placed guards.  I am sure this will end well :-)