Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Error 1017 World currently full, try again later.

JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880

What happened to just entering a queue to login yesterday and waiting in line?

Why is that gone now?

Comments

• RedCurryRedCurry Member UncommonPosts: 70
    Be nice if we could get some kind of update! Haven't seen anything relevant to this issue from SE since this morning!
  • TorcipTorcip Member UncommonPosts: 669

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/35ee4ff97e1ee17faf90ea066b200c96af086df5

That was a few hours ago not this morning. They are having issues, you might get in you might not. It's luck really.

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    This is the error I get over and over and over. Would be nice if they fixed it.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

Okay, so they have updated since this morning. Fair enough, to bad it's just the same info recycled over and over
    Originally posted by RedCurry
    Okay, so they have updated since this morning. Fair enough, to bad it's just the same info recycled over and over

Well it's not like there's a magic switch to fix everything.  They need time to fix it and short of saying they need time to fix it what else can they say?

• JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880

Hopefully enough people go to sleep soon that I can actually get on.

Would be kinda funny if it was still mobbed at 2 AM EST or something =P

Originally posted by Justsomenoob

Hopefully enough people go to sleep soon that I can actually get on.

Would be kinda funny if it was still mobbed at 2 AM EST or something =P

It is Sunday night and people work tomorrow. It's a safe bet, I on the other hand work my own hours so I can be up forever. Got to get my time in before I start school.

An eta? something that would exude any kind of confidence that the have a true grasp of what they are doing. I thought they would have had this figured out before EA, b/c this crap was happening during P4. I guess I expect to much.
    Still happening. Why would they remove the queue? I keep pressing 0 and feel like I'm part of a denial of service attack just trying to log into this game.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    Originally posted by nilden
    Still happening. Why would they remove the queue? I keep pressing 0 and feel like I'm part of a denial of service attack just trying to log into this game.

I'm just going to take a wild guess and say that the problem they had with the duty server was caused by the queue.  Perhaps when you're in the queue, you're connected to the duty server, and waiting to be transfered into the game. I have a feeling they're going to had like 40 more NA-EU servers tomorrow or something lol :D

Edit: I guess it's because it says error, people are saying the game is broken.  It doesn't really have anything to do with the game itself, it's the massive amounts of people that are playing or trying to play.

I read somewhere else that the queue holds 500 and then it's just 1017 past that. Not very impressed with the lackluster experience from purchase, registration, codes, trying to log in, duty finder not working when logged in, and now constant 1017 world full error. Must be nice to play on a Japanese server.

• Dudek28Dudek28 Member UncommonPosts: 226
    Being unable to play all day yesterday I woke up early today and was able to log in and never log out. was this an issue again today for people?
  • darthadendarthaden Member Posts: 47
    not sure why they cant just kick the people who have been afk for hours. That would help clear out a good chuck of space and it can't be that hard to add to the program.
  • JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880
    Originally posted by darthaden
    not sure why they cant just kick the people who have been afk for hours. That would help clear out a good chuck of space and it can't be that hard to add to the program.

Yep it's probably a significant number of people, especially now that people know it's difficult to log back in so they're staying logged in specifically for that reason just in case they feel like playing in a few hours or something.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by Justsomenoob
    Originally posted by darthaden

Yep it's probably a significant number of people, especially now that people know it's difficult to log back in so they're staying logged in specifically for that reason just in case they feel like playing in a few hours or something.

It´s what I did yesterday. I immediately logged in when I came back from work and kept myself logged in.

So when my son was in bed, I could at least play the game last night for a few hours.

It shouldn´t be this way, but they really don´t give you any choice. It´s either that or don´t play at all!

• icculus2112icculus2112 Member Posts: 105
    Originally posted by Dudek28
    Being unable to play all day yesterday I woke up early today and was able to log in and never log out. was this an issue again today for people?

It took me 4 or 5 tries at 6pm east to get on.  Didnt seem to be as many "FINALLY" shouts.

Still baffled as to lack of real queue

• Black-MagicBlack-Magic Member UncommonPosts: 103
    This problem is still ongoing i hope they fix it ASAP!

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    I managed to make a guy on Ultros NA server just now. Got the 1017 error twice, and on third attempt, I was in queue line of 5, in in less than a minute.
  • free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

For me this is the biggest issue with the launch. Make the game casual but force people to play at 11 am eastern on a tuesday or never get to play because they assumed the game would fail.

It was poor preparation.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

I was able to log on first time w/o issue yesterday.

But it was at 4:50PM EST, so just before the "coming home from work" rush. Flawless play all evening.

• SirspongySirspongy Member Posts: 66

I am not sure about the max number the queue can hold. Someone mentioned 500 but when I was playing the login mini-game the other night I managed to hit the queue and I was 217 in the queue, which is an odd number to get since I was getting the 1017 error for about 30 minutes of trying to log in.

I think the queue is just plain overloaded with people spamming it and, regardless of the max number the queue can hold, it just flakes out. The fact that most people get directly into the game when they spam their login tells me that it is not working right or else they would hit the queue and have to wait, which is how it should work.

Even when I hit the queue the other night I was only in the queue for maybe a minute before loading into the game so I cannot imagine the queue emptied that quickly to allow me in after only a minute if I was really number 217 in line.

• encopittencopitt Member UncommonPosts: 36

How are you guys actually able to hit a queue? I get 1017 over and over, and then randomly will load. 

Usually takes me 10-15 minutes of constant clicking, but I've only hit a queue once in the last three days that I've played.

The one queue I did get in was 290+ long, and I lost connection to the server (some other random error 3015 or something) before I logged in.

Is there some magical button combo or something I'm missing to get queued? Or is it just dumb luck at this point?

• ubermutubermut Member UncommonPosts: 272
    still getting this error.  why can't they bleeping boot people out after 15-30 min of afk like every other mmo.  that's the real problem, I for one never log out once I"m in just because of this crap.  if they would boot ppl off the others who are actually at their computer can play.  geez.. :P
  • GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893

I've only been able to log in 2 days in the last 5 days .

I only get a small time frame to play because I work .

Never seen an MMO release this bad in 20 years of gaming .

SimCity even tho its not an MMO would be the worst online game I've ever played due to bugs.

• shohenshohen Member UncommonPosts: 61
    Originally posted by nilden
    I read somewhere else that the queue holds 500 and then it's just 1017 past that. Not very impressed with the lackluster experience from purchase, registration, codes, trying to log in, duty finder not working when logged in, and now constant 1017 world full error. Must be nice to play on a Japanese server.

I was getting the same error last night on my Japanese server.. ending up watching one piece instead :D