Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login Limitation After Emergency Maintenance (Aug. 25): Follow-up

MimzelMimzel Member UncommonPosts: 375

We are continuing to limit the number of logins following the emergency maintenance on Aug. 25, 2013 from 15:30 to 16:30 (GMT).

We will continue to control the number of logins to prepare for the upcoming user influx that we expect during peak hours. If you are currently unable to login, please try again at a later time.

Again, we sincerely apologise for the inconvenience that this is causing everyone, but we would like to ask for your continued cooperation to make this a stable environment.

-----

This was just posted. I dont agree with their strategy of not explaining why they arent allowing queing to work properly.

Comments

• darkheartsdarkhearts Member UncommonPosts: 159
    Seems like another Copy+Paste update from them.
  • Dudek28Dudek28 Member UncommonPosts: 226
    I would like to ask them for their cooperation in refunding my money.. unlikely to happen. 
  • ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911

A pretty disastrous early access all round. Problems with the early access codes, problems with PS3 and sony, problems with instance servers and now 9000 errors, 10102 errors and 10017.

Despite this I think it's a good game... but SE are losing friends as people are starting to lose patience.

• KnightblastKnightblast Member UncommonPosts: 1,787

Looks like this is the "fix" -- severely limit logins.  That's only going to get worse as this afternoon rolls into this evening US time and more people flood the servers after being out and about during the day.  

What do you think?  They just go with this and wait for the rush to die down in a week or so, I'm guessing.  Looks like it will be hard to play for the next several days.

• eldelpuebloeldelpueblo Member Posts: 27
    I prefer to not play all this time, that have the same horribles issues on the future days. So, give them a chance, maybe after this we can enjoy the game without problems
  • icculus2112icculus2112 Member Posts: 105
    Originally posted by Dudek28
    I would like to ask them for their cooperation in refunding my money.. unlikely to happen. 

I will personally refund you, and everyone else, for all their paid time lost yesterday, today, and tomorrow.

Its in your pocket now.  Or in between your ass cheeks if you arent wearing pants.

• evianwaterevianwater Member UncommonPosts: 308

And this..this is why its so damn important to actually have an open beta. Not a 2 day demo less then a week before release.

This is a joke so far, They can't fix the problems that came up in "Open beta"...why they didn't do OB two-three, even four weeks earlier astounds me, and why they didnt do it for longer. This should still be open beta right now. They had sooo many problems with 1.0...this was their time to shine and show that this was a new game.

The shame is...the game is actually a ton of fun. But this crap is going to kill it.

Originally posted by evianwater

And this..this is why its so damn important to actually have an open beta. Not a 2 day demo less then a week before release.

This is a joke so far, They can't fix the problems that came up in "Open beta"...why they didn't do OB two-three, even four weeks earlier astounds me, and why they didnt do it for longer. This should still be open beta right now. They had sooo many problems with 1.0...this was their time to shine and show that this was a new game.

The shame is...the game is actually a ton of fun. But this crap is going to kill it.

pre-launch issues wont kill a game.  they just keep away a few forum overreactors.  So in a sense they improve the game.

Now, if this persists into next weekend, then maybe start to worry a little.

Congestion related issues have never hurt a game long term unless they persist long term.

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230
    I wouldnt even rule out rerolling on another server - but they're all down (na/eu).
    Originally posted by icculus2112

pre-launch issues wont kill a game.  they just keep away a few forum overreactors.  So in a sense they improve the game.

Congestion related issues have never hurt a game long term unless they persist long term.

Depends on your interpretation of "Kill". MMO players are increasingly less willing to give second shots, launch is becoming more and more critical. Negative reviews spread like a plague and tend to envelop the positive ones. 

FFXIV seems like a game that does require population to flourish, WAR was the same way (though one requires people for PVE, the other for PVP) if the subs dont meet that desired number because they have a PR disaster to start the game, it'll start to bleed out, just like WAR.

• DragimDragim Member UncommonPosts: 867
    Originally posted by Dudek28

I will personally refund you, and everyone else, for all their paid time lost yesterday, today, and tomorrow.

Its in your pocket now.  Or in between your ass cheeks if you arent wearing pants.

What about those 1.0 users who got it for free but pre-ordered in order to have early access?

"Sucks to be you"? 

Not that I am one of them, but in my guild, a bit of people bought the game just to get early access, even though they were 1.0 players.

So I guess in their case...they paid $30 for 3 days early access sure, it was their choice, but the $30 is kinda wasted with all the downtime?

People can choose to spend their money however they like in my opinion, it just sucks that these people basically are not able to use their "investment"? so to speak.

I am entitled to my opinions, misspellings, and grammatical errors.

This crap about "It's Early Access, you didn't pay for it" Is total BS..it's not some added benefit..its just a marketing ploy to get you to pre-order instead of waiting for release. Don't act like "YAY ITS FREE FUN FOR EVERYONE!!" you still paid for it..

Companies have to be held accountable for shitty products and shitty service. Don't try to defend their mistakes. 

• imrobertjamesimrobertjames Member UncommonPosts: 19

I would guess that about 90% of the people who are going to be playing this game around this time are in early access.  This isn't pre-launch issues at this point.  They're launch issues, and unacceptable ones at that.

"Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country."

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

people will come back when SE give people stuff for the issues and the issues are fixed 

Originally posted by imrobertjames

I would guess that about 90% of the people who are going to be playing this game around this time are in early access.  This isn't pre-launch issues at this point.  They're launch issues, and unacceptable ones at that.

What do you want Se to do about it know? give your free time im sure thats going to happen

This crap about "It's Early Access, you didn't pay for it" Is total BS..it's not some added benefit..its just a marketing ploy to get you to pre-order instead of waiting for release. Don't act like "YAY ITS FREE FUN FOR EVERYONE!!" you still paid for it..

Companies have to be held accountable for shitty products and shitty service. Don't try to defend their mistakes. 

dont think we are defending there mistake we are just beign adults and showing patience i expect Se to give us free time to make up for it tho hellt hey give ps3 users free copys and fullr efunds when the purchused a bad client

• Dudek28Dudek28 Member UncommonPosts: 226
    Originally posted by Raxeon

dont think we are defending there mistake we are just beign adults and showing patience i expect Se to give us free time to make up for it tho hellt hey give ps3 users free copys and fullr efunds when the purchused a bad client

so its clear they dont consider the client purchase a big deal. its the monthly subs their after. which makes sense. 

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230
    Originally posted by Raxeon
    Originally posted by imrobertjames

What do you want Se to do about it know? give your free time im sure thats going to happen

You never know - they did it in 1.0.

It's not a matter of being adults and being patient...its justifiable anger. The mistakes are soo damn clear.

- Not splitting EU/NA, while splitting JP away from those (notice which server group has been having the problems ? Guess which one has more people..)

- Not having a real Open Beta

- Scrunching your launch so close to your "Open Beta" and not delaying after potentially game breaking bugs derail your beta.

- Multiple Accounts, Multiple Codes, Multiple sites, Multiple ways to get those codes all for EA/Registertation

- Very poor communication, spread out over multiple mediums. Forums, Twitter, Facebook, Patcher, Official website. The communication also tends to be delayed

- Repeated "Fixes" that don't fix the problem that has been there since Open Beta.

- Copy/paste BS responses apologizing for the inconvenience.

- The latest error..which basically is a big middle finger to everyone just saying "try later" giving no kind of window, nothing. Could be working in 5 minutes, could be working on the 27th.

Except you didnt pay for it.  If you pre ordered the game you did not pay more than the 29.99  its free time.  not paid for.  

The poor communication not withstanding, your last bit shows a complete lack of understanding how things work.  It is impossible to be certain when the lights go on everything will work.  No matter how big of a stress test you try to run, it will always be a small fraction of the real thing.  You have entirely unreasonable expectations.  Yes, to expect things would be great this weekend was unreasonable.

Again, Ill agree the communication stinks.  And my guess is they will give people an extra day or two added on to their first month anyway.   

• MimzelMimzel Member UncommonPosts: 375

Except you didnt pay for it.  If you pre ordered the game you did not pay more than the 29.99  its free time.  not paid for.  

The poor communication not withstanding, your last bit shows a complete lack of understanding how things work.  It is impossible to be certain when the lights go on everything will work.  No matter how big of a stress test you try to run, it will always be a small fraction of the real thing.  You have entirely unreasonable expectations.  Yes, to expect things would be great this weekend was unreasonable.

Again, Ill agree the communication stinks.  And my guess is they will give people an extra day or two added on to their first month anyway.   

And whats your point? That they have the law on their side? Geez what do you think this is about? It's not about a class action or dragging SE to court. It is about SE not having their business in order. People are expecting them to have come further than having OB problems just 36 hours b4 the final release. This is about people feeling manhandled by SE for not organizing the log ins; just a simple que would fix alot of this frustration and anger. This is bad PR so far, because it would give the public an indication of the HR side of SE's operations.

Did you get the EA if you didnt pre-order ? Did you get it if you didn't pay 29.99 ? 

No ? Ok..then yes you paid for it lol

Btw the new update now : not from Se, but just from trying to login.

There's a que sometimes, sometimes you get right "in" but "in" is an error code : either 90000 again or something like 10102..some new number.

And 1017 is back lol

yea servers broke now hope after they take them down they fix the q this time i dont care if its a 1k q at least let us idle it smuch easyer than keep trying