Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I made the switch to Xbox One.

VallistaVallista Member UncommonPosts: 282
Yea, I changed my preorder from ps4 to xbox one.  I'm excited for both but xbox one just seem to be more of what i'm looking for.  Is anyone else getting either console in Nov?  I wrote a whole blog on it.  lol  

Comments

• Kingmob23Kingmob23 Member UncommonPosts: 78
    I originally had just a ps4 preorder as well; then I switched to having both, but realized there wasn't enough launch titles to justify both. So I switched to the xbox one as I'm primarily a pc player and I felt the integrated kinect offered the biggest difference between console and pc play. I'll probably get the ps4 some time after a year or so after launch.
  • xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078
    Originally posted by Vallista
    Yea, I changed my preorder from ps4 to xbox one.  I'm excited for both but xbox one just seem to be more of what i'm looking for.  Is anyone else getting either console in Nov?  I wrote a whole blog on it.  lol  

I am still getting a PS4. Besides the dependability of a PS over Microsofts Xbox. Which is huge IMO. I have had no issues with my current PS3. But have gone through 3 Xbox 360's. That is just part. PS4 also has the edge over Xbox One in stability as well as overall performance. Even if Xbox One comes very close. Then it comes down to Microsoft itself. One of Four major companies paid off by the NSA to spy on people:-). Link to that is here! http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/aug/23/nsa-prism-costs-tech-companies-paid

Nope want nothing to do with Microsoft anymore. Not that I am doing anything wrong. But I do believe in a individual privacy. And Microsofts Connect gives all kinds of vulnerability with the latest information. So a Xbox One will be down very far as my entertainment needs are met!

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

Neither... Maybe when they come down in price in a few years and have been "Out in the Wild" for a while I may buy one or the other. I just can't justify paying $500-$600 for a freaking game console no matter how many bells and whistles they try to stuff inside. That's just crazy. I can almost build a Gaming PC for that... you know a REAL gaming platform. Not something that is totally non-upgradable and will already be made of obsolete PC hardware by the time it releases.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793

PS+ and EQN on PS4 will keep me goin for sony.

Glad microsoft is reversing themselves, though.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• AtlasGravesAtlasGraves Member UncommonPosts: 16

Microsoft is starting to go in the right direction but the general public does not keep day to day updates. They hear oh no secondhand games or online 24/7 or whatever and it sticks for months even though policy may change

the coming months will be interesting Sony I think has the better launch lineup and momentum 

• IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138

I do not plan on playing with anyone else however, i like the idea of certain games such as rpgs played on the console with a controller and tv.

Thats the only appeal, and possibly connecting online but not extra controllers from the console is needed. Not sure why i have to buy a weak console to do that when my old pc is still more powerful than the new console.

I just want an emulator to play console games on my pc, and connect to the network. Can i do that?

I would still be a consumer buying games, but i do not want the restrictions of a console or the unnecessary money investment of a new console when that could go to a new pc a few years down the line for an upgrade from the old.

I think for ps4 to compete better against xbox they need to make it more accessible to the pc. Similar to how macs have boot camp to run ms to play ms games. And how ms games are made for xbox, and microsoft and sometimes with xbox controller compatibility for the microsoft ports.

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

im getting a PS4, hands down.

Now that Xbox reverted all the crap i could see my self buying one when the console is a bit older and cheaper but will definitelly consider getting one just for exclusives.. But soon after launch im sticking to PS4 for a while.

It would be stupid to reject the Xbox One now that the mistakes have been addressed. But its a biggest stupidity to open a petition at change.org asking Microsoft to bring back all the anti consumers restrictions..... people really are out of their minds.... MS would bury themselves if this becomes a thing.

https://www.change.org/petitions/microsoft-give-us-back-the-xbox-one-we-were-promised-at-e3-2

/sigh

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    I am not going to get either. Instead I am going to get a Steam Box from Valve as its a better gaming system with more free features that are useful than either console.
  • bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689

PS4 all the way for me.  I own a 360 and a ps3 and my 360 died twice on me, I don't really use either that much though.

Biggest draws for me is the program that lets you create stuff, the Creative app or whatever it was.  That looked amazing, then there is also FF14 and EQN (hopefully) on ps4. 

Plus I don't like how microsoft handles things, they seem super shady.

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

• nAAtimusnAAtimus Member Posts: 342
    I'll wait at least a year before I seriously consider getting either one.

I'm not here to complete my forum PVP dailies.

• 9Prejudice9Prejudice Member Posts: 30
    I preordered PS4 already. Sure, Microsoft has backtracked on all those crappy decisions like DRM and stuff, but PS4 was gamer-friendly right from the start, and they deserve to be rewarded for it. My faith is with Sony to remain gamer-friendly.
  • AIMonsterAIMonster Member UncommonPosts: 2,059

I'm getting a PS4 personally.  The main reason is it's $100 cheaper and it will have Gaikai service eventually so I can play older PS games (I haven't owned a Playstation since the original).  Bonuses are that PS4 seems to have slightly better indie support, PS+ is a better service than Xbox Live (and slightly cheaper) at the moment, and Sony is a better company than Microsoft to me, even though both certainly have their issues.  I definitely think the Xbone is a bit more enticing now that they did removed some of their horrible policies and designs.

Both consoles launch lineups are lacking.  Most of the big titles I can also play on PC and the original titles coming out at launch aren't particularly exciting to me.  I fear the PS4 won't get a whole lot of use from me until mid 2014, but I'm not too worried because I have plenty to play in the meantime.

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,847

With every single online feature the Xbox One behind the Gold paywall there is no way Im getting it.

On PS+ pretty much the only thing you have to pay for is online multiplayer and that doesnt include games that have their own servers like Warframe or DC Universe.

The Xbox One just costs way too much. The console and its services.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    Xbox One for me because their exclusive games are so much better than what Sony is offering for the PS4. It doesn't matter if the PS4 is cheaper or not.
  • Deathgod881Deathgod881 Member UncommonPosts: 104
    PS4 because of jrpgs

"Let destruction rain!" from Asbel Tales of Graces f

• SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743
    Originally posted by Brenelael

Neither... Maybe when they come down in price in a few years and have been "Out in the Wild" for a while I may buy one or the other. I just can't justify paying $500-$600 for a freaking game console no matter how many bells and whistles they try to stuff inside. That's just crazy. I can almost build a Gaming PC for that... you know a REAL gaming platform. Not something that is totally non-upgradable and will already be made of obsolete PC hardware by the time it releases.

Bren

PS4 is only $399 and when you look at it PS3 came out in november 2006, so that is almost 7 years and still going strong. Try to build a gaming PC for 399 that will last you for 7+ years :P.

I am only getting a PS4 this time around, I spent way too much on my PC this year lol.

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Xbox One preordered. PS4 is going to be a huge disappointment.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/23/gamescom-battlefield-4s-graphics-lacking-on-ps4

• SpeakzzzSpeakzzz Member UncommonPosts: 29
    Originally posted by AtlasGraves

Microsoft is starting to go in the right direction but the general public does not keep day to day updates. They hear oh no secondhand games or online 24/7 or whatever and it sticks for months even though policy may change

the coming months will be interesting Sony I think has the better launch lineup and momentum 

The general public may or may not keep up with this.  For me if they were going to do stupid things like this I certainly don't want to buy their system even if they did reverse their decision on the matter.  Oh and did they reverse their decision on not allowing xbox players to play with pc and ps4 users in mmo games on their console?  Also are they still giving our info to the government?  See too many red flags everywhere for me.  Not that I have anything to hide but don't tread on my freedoms.  Not that the U.S. government isn't already doing that. 

• tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

Neither, the consoles are weak as shit, the PS4 is only 1.8tflops....... my GPU does 4 and I have 2 of them...

Also 1.6ghz low powered AMD cpu that was designed for laptops : I fail to see how that will be any competition for the Core I7 series from Intel.

Already dated so no thanx.

• Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882
    After Gamescom.... PS4 still for sure!

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Most likely neither, but chances are if I do get one... it would be PS4. None really have anything that impressive for launch to tug me. Considering what microsoft did, I just have 0 desire to touch their console, despite the fact I had a 360 and never got PS3 myself. As much as I love the Xbox controller more (PS controllers have always been very meh) , I have no desire for contect and  microsoft has a long way for me to trust them for my home console. 

...even though it means  I have to be on the side of Sony fanbois... which can be annoying.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Xbox is still 100 bucks more expensive and nothing that interests me to back it up.

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180
    I'm getting both but I'm upset that all the whiners got Microsoft to take out all the features. Everyone saw the words always-on and DRM and freaked because they feel so entitled but they didn't realize that having the always-online requirement could have led to a better experience.
    Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• CoNk3rCoNk3r Member UncommonPosts: 70

Always PlayStation, i would consider a Sega Console (new Dreamcast) as a backup for all their great Arcade games/remakes. But never have, never understood why i should be getting an xbox, a htpc in disguise form. Halo 1 and 2 were tterrible on the PC, MP was great though. Fable is pure crap and Forza some like it others dont.

Gears of War 1 PC version was ok, but didn´t flash me at all. What else do they have ? I´m going to stick to my MGS, FF, KH, ICO, GT, GOW (real one), Jak, Ratchet, Biohazard, Soul Reaver and every other game that has been released first on the PlayStation.

Sony Computer Entertainmet does a great job for over 20 years. They have the guts and go full galore on the handheld market against giant Nintendo, they succeed in some areas and not so much in others.

Ony is clear though : SONY needs to remake all those super game from the PS1/2 era, just with better graphics. I would grab a Brave fencer Musashi Remake any day or a Front Mission Alternative, Final Fanatsy Tactics ... waaaaay too many to list here.

Once Sony, always Sony (but we really need more platformers.. ...DAXTER!!!)

via HTPC (5m and with magnifier on) not going to correct any grammar :P

• Reiken_BirgeReiken_Birge Member UncommonPosts: 59

Maybe I'll pick up a PS4 at some point since there are some pretty interesting launch titles I want, just not enough for me to justify picking one up.

Xbox One doesn't really have much that interests me so it's going to be quite a while before I consider picking that thing up.

I'll just stick to that super awesome thing all the cool kids play, a PC. :3

Kingdom of Knights - Community Manager