Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy A Bug Reborn

full of bugs... it looks like it's another paid beta for the next few months until they can fix this...

Comments

• cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    Lol love the title..get ready to be stormed by fanboys and girls
  • Aldous.HuxleyAldous.Huxley Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 418

Meh... The title was good but I was expecting a bit more meat in the actual post.

Good set-up but no real follow thru so I'll give it a 6/10.

• TheRealDarkeusTheRealDarkeus Member UncommonPosts: 314

Lol, that made my morning.  I needed a good laugh! Nice title.

And I have been having fun... when it is working.  I just hope they have it ironed out at least half-way by the 27th....

Or it is going to get ugly!

• GreyifGreyif Member UncommonPosts: 17
    As long they all play it and never quit I am happy, no more XxXSepirophXxX or watever..
  • NewmoonNewmoon Member UncommonPosts: 126

Admit it, without the frequent maintenances,  would we really get a chance to shower? Or eat? I took a nap, myself.

I know, I know, as my platoon sergeant used to say- "I shower every Saturday, whether I need it or not!" and it's already Sunday.

I haven't run into many bugs, it's just my lazy butt would like more wilderness ports (I know, FFIX had like, none). I also wish I could get my mog hat so I can powerlevel to 10 so I can get to crafting. Ahh well:)

I also wish the epic cut scenes had voice over. OK, I'm done whining:)

• olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,829
    I found no bugs at all, and no lag at all either. There was one case of the duty finder failing, and to me it looked more like a denial of service attack problem, rather than an actual bug. I was able to complete the first instance after a couple of tries.

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by cybertrucker

I considermyself a fan of the game

But the OP is still correct.

• AlberelAlberel Member Posts: 1,121
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

Well there aren't really any actual bugs per se... The issues are all related to the server infrastructure. The game itself is pretty bug-free.

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

I shall recite something that I heard in general chat earlier...

"99 bugs to deal with so far,  99 bugs to deal with... take the server down, fix it around, 100 bugs to deal with so far."

xD

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • HjorulvHjorulv Member UncommonPosts: 17

That's the way it is with MMOs now.  Start server max load, and beta, testing during the pre-order/pre-buy period with no intent at all to have the game even close to error free at launch.  The companies don't even bother to test simple things any more. 

How many pre-order codes would SE have to have tested to find out the system wasn't working properly? Less than a handful, but they didn't bother ahead of time.

Frankly the people in charge of the money really couldn't care less.  Cutting development time cuts costs.  Initial game sales bring in the largest profit margin.  So they hype the game a lot, get people to fork out the cash for it, and anything made after the initial sale period is gravy.  Every game will have it's stalwart defenders and people who will play it come hell or high water and they will provide additional income over time for small expenditures based on the number of players kept.  Others will go on to the next shiny new MMO.

I do have to say that FF XIV has been the first MMO I've come across that has had servers locked in beta and into pre-play time.  The way the FF XIV job system is set up it's tough enough for friends/guilds, etc, to play together, especially if they want to play different classes, but then you don't let them even create characters on the same server.  That combined with no server transfers isn't exactly a recipe for MMO success.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by Alberel
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

Well there aren't really any actual bugs per se... The issues are all related to the server infrastructure. The game itself is pretty bug-free.

Yeah, But I was just getting where the OP was coming from. I share his frustration. But what can we do?

• TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130

Sad, and the official launch has not even started. 

That should be a huge mess.

Kinda strange because during beta one of the good points I had about the game was its stability with so many people running around.

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235
    Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Stillborn was the best I could come up with.