Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All EU servers Locked

AlberelAlberel Member Posts: 1,121

All of the EU servers are currently locked for new characters. So basically anyone joining from the EU now cannot play, at all.

I know there were a whole bunch of people trying to defend them locking servers yesterday but this situation is just absurd now... When someone buys a game you expect to be able to play it sans server downtime and login queues. SE is basically saying to all new EU players "we have too many people, go away". That is a very negative first impression.

Comments

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    They unlock and lock servers constantly.. Just keep refreshing the server list.

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

So you rather have 5 hour queue times ?

• SendenSenden Member UncommonPosts: 602
    The funniest thing is that they are locked because of the amount of characters made on the server, not the current amount of people logged in.  They should have never done the character carry over from open beta.. think of all the characters made by people who aren't even going to buy the game. 
  • Elegance92Elegance92 Member Posts: 93
    Originally posted by Mothanos

Yes, its better than an rng lotto.

Yes, I'd rather have five hour queues. That's more than enough to discourage most people from joining a server. To fully block people from making characters though just splits guilds/friends apart. 

• AlberelAlberel Member Posts: 1,121

Originally posted by GwapoJosh
    They unlock and lock servers constantly.. Just keep refreshing the server list.

For how long? Do you really expect me to sit at my computer indefinitely hitting refresh every 3-minutes? Isn't that what queues were designed to replace?

As opposed to the 26 hours wait I've had so far to join my friends? Yes I would LOVE a 5 hour queue... Seriously, just because YOU have a fine and dandy play experience it doesn't mean that those who cannot play should be ignored.

If the locks are based on accounts, and not currently online players, then the locks won't be coming down any time soon if they are all locked together. The system is designed to divert new players to the lower pop servers but the current situation would imply that all the servers are reaching their limit as no other server has come out of locked status as the others entered it (which is how it was working yesterday).

So yes, basically they appear to be locked indefinitely now, until they introduce some more hardware to alleviate the problem.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959
    Originally posted by Senden
    The funniest thing is that they are locked because of the amount of characters made on the server, not the current amount of people logged in.  They should have never done the character carry over from open beta.. think of all the characters made by people who aren't even going to buy the game. 

Not entirely true. They Lock and unlock the servers constantly based on the amount of people playing in the starter areas.

Originally posted by JeroKane

Not entirely true. They Lock and unlock the servers constantly based on the amount of people playing in the starter areas.

If that was the case, how come Moogle is always locked? I can't imagine the starter areas being overly populated seeing as I haven't seen it unlocked at all since early access started.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959

If that was the case, how come Moogle is always locked? I can't imagine the starter areas being overly populated seeing as I haven't seen it unlocked at all since early access started.

Everyone and their grandmother knew this server was going to be highly popular!

Seriously, why not try one of the other servers instead?

Trying to get onto one of the most popular servers is asking for trouble.

You have these kind of servers in every MMO at release and people just never learn! /shrug

You have these kind of servers in every MMO at release and people just never learn! /shrug

Eh? My friends all started on Moogle during Phase 4 and I couldn't join them because of the login issues. I either join Moogle to join my friends or I... oh wait I can't even roll on another server now because they're ALL locked.

The fact remains Moogle has been locked for the entirety of early access so far. I doubt there is much congestion in the starting regions after 26 hours of no new characters being made...

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030

People are such geniuses.  

Particularly after the problems with open beta... I know I wouldn't log out if I got in the first time.  Im sure that's what everyone who was able to do has done.

Also, how do you figure you aren't the minority?  There's....what?  4 threads about this?  Even if 20 people in each thread were having that problem (more like 2-3) that would only be 80 people....lol.  Basic math a little difficult I see.

I'm on Moogle, my friends aren't though. Regardless of how popular a server is, trying to justify locking people out completely from them is silly. Fact remains, the way Square are handling this is poor. 

• MalamorMalamor Member CommonPosts: 8
    A big part of the problem is people making a bunch of alts to retain names.Each player should have only been allowed 1 character till official release. If SE is counting characters created and not players logged in, this would have helped this issue. Is there a AFK kiick? or are players able to remain logged in AFK for hours?
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615

This and many other threads are the reason I will not buy this game until the actual release date, 27 Aug 2013. I may wait even longer.

They are not obligated to anyone until the actual release date. That's when people should complain if things are not as they should be. :)

Hope they fix it for you early birds.

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

Originally posted by Kajidourden

People are such geniuses.  

Particularly after the problems with open beta... I know I wouldn't log out if I got in the first time.  Im sure that's what everyone who was able to do has done.

Also, how do you figure you aren't the minority?  There's....what?  4 threads about this?  Even if 20 people in each thread were having that problem (more like 2-3) that would only be 80 people....lol.  Basic math a little difficult I see.

We're talking about CREATING characters here. Not logging in.

The server locks for login are new in the last few hours... the server locks for new players have been causing trouble since yesterday morning. Judging by the threads on the issue on the official forums there are more people affected than you would like to think.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    Originally posted by Ivylena

This and many other threads are the reason I will not buy this game until the actual release date, 27 Aug 2013. I may wait even longer.

They are not obligated to anyone until the actual release date. That's when people should complain if things are not as they should be. :)

Hope they fix it for you early birds.

I wish I were this cautious 100% of the time.

• JoekraJoekra Member Posts: 182
    The thing is just ALL eu servers are locked. They should open a new one if they want to do this.
  • DrakephireDrakephire Member UncommonPosts: 451
    Originally posted by Joekra
    The thing is just ALL eu servers are locked. They should open a new one if they want to do this.

This advice reminds me of SWTOR launch. People demanded more servers, and more servers, until more servers were added. Then three months later...TOO MANY DAMNED SERVERS...and people were demanding mergers.

History repeating itself.

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265

no NA/eu servers up:S wtf?

• sabiosusabiosu Member UncommonPosts: 33

This is just stupid. I would prefered to stay like 3h in queue to play on a server than the crap we have now. 
    Tons of ppl made chars during beta that were caried on and somne servers are never available. I bet half of those with chars on the server won't even buy the game...
    30h after opening of the " preorder early acces " and some servers were never opened ( my guild choosed Moogle - i skiped last beta since it's vacantion ) ... think at launch. Stupid Square Enix... what they implemented is plain stupidness.
    I DO NOT HAVE the time to stay 30h and refresh each 3mins.
    Fed up atm. Big time.

<div iconf-icons"="" data-minitooltip="Post">

• geremadygeremady Member UncommonPosts: 73

Just my 2cp:

they are having problems with the instance/duty-server or however they have organised that since the beginning of headstart. Hence the maintenances.

People trying to enter an instance just hang indefinitely without the possibility to do anything except reboot. Happened to me too.

And without doing the instances you cannot continue the storyquests.

It seems not too farfetched to guess they are letting less people in than they had anticipated to alleviate this problem until it is completely fixed.