Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I hate this game's pvp, why does everyone think its all that?t

lolunaticlolunatic Member Posts: 108

Seriously, I never log off gw2 with a positive attitude, it seems to always be in a rage-fit. One of the biggest thing that bothers me with this game is the fake dodge, it just doesn't feel like it fits, and the combat itself (how the abilities work + movement) just seem unbelievably clunky and un-fun. I give props this game's pve, even though I'm not a pve'er WHATSOEVER, and mostly aways just a pvp junky.

Does anyone else feel this way? I hear ALL the time around almost all the forums that gw2 is a really solid pvp game, I mean it must be if it has this 'e-sport' following, and its own tournament but I just don't see it, in all honesty I had more fun pvping in swtor because I could at least tell what the hell was going on around me and could make desicions based on what I saw. 

I've had this game since launch and I play it on and off just for the pvp, because I never bother with pve, I can't ever seem to stick with the game because I'm inconsistent when I play, ( I either do really well or do really badly ). I'm not just a hotjoin noob, I do the solo arenas, and try to keep up with the best specs.

which brings me to another thing I absolutely hate about this game;s pvp, some builds are just insane, and can rip you apart if you don't dodge with in the 1/2 second you get, not to mention the animations for everything are incredibly small and your camera is pretty much stuck in your butt so you cant see around you too well. . .

I am in a raging fit, but I just want to know how to does one find joy in this game's pvp, to me I haven't played pvp more frustrating.

Comments

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533
    I always thought pretty much the same thing when I played it.  It seems to suit some people just fine, but I know exactly what you mean. 
  • nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716
    I enjoy it alot I also enjoy SWTOR PVP as well but I dont just do PVP. I like the feel of Guild Wars 2 combat and the way it works but thats just me. I think alot of people have different feels for different games. I dont like FPS PvP mostly on PC but love it on console. I dont like MOBA games to much but I like Middle Earth MOBA dont know why it just has a good feel to me. And I think you are not wrong in your opinion the games does not feel right in combat for you I understand that and its cool.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• caetftlcaetftl Member Posts: 358
    Originally posted by lolunatic

Seriously, I never log off gw2 with a positive attitude, it seems to always be in a rage-fit. One of the biggest thing that bothers me with this game is the fake dodge, it just doesn't feel like it fits, and the combat itself (how the abilities work + movement) just seem unbelievably clunky and un-fun. I give props this game's pve, even though I'm not a pve'er WHATSOEVER, and mostly aways just a pvp junky.

Does anyone else feel this way? I hear ALL the time around almost all the forums that gw2 is a really solid pvp game, I mean it must be if it has this 'e-sport' following, and its own tournament but I just don't see it, in all honesty I had more fun pvping in swtor because I could at least tell what the hell was going on around me and could make desicions based on what I saw. 

I've had this game since launch and I play it on and off just for the pvp, because I never bother with pve, I can't ever seem to stick with the game because I'm inconsistent when I play, ( I either do really well or do really badly ). I'm not just a hotjoin noob, I do the solo arenas, and try to keep up with the best specs.

which brings me to another thing I absolutely hate about this game;s pvp, some builds are just insane, and can rip you apart if you don't dodge with in the 1/2 second you get, not to mention the animations for everything are incredibly small and your camera is pretty much stuck in your butt so you cant see around you too well. . .

I am in a raging fit, but I just want to know how to does one find joy in this game's pvp, to me I haven't played pvp more frustrating.

I think the pvp suits the game quite well, it's very casual oriented.  It isn't great for competitive play though, which is why the game has such a weak competitive scene.

I think the big flaw is they don't have open world pvp, which should be a must for mmorpg pvp, they have an esportish type ruleset for competitive pvp, but the game cuts corners and makes it so easy that that pvp is ultimately unsatisfying. 

Some would say esports should never be the driving force for an mmorpgs pvp, but what arenanet has done here in general, is basically made a heavily instanced/districted game, and tried to claim it has a flourishing and immersive persistent world, which it doesn't, which is why it's not really a true mmorpg to me. 

• dimnikardimnikar Member Posts: 271

What bother's me about it is zero strategy.

In slower paced games that have more spells & skills, there's an interesting dynamic when faced with an equal level opponent.

It's not so much a matter of who dpses who down first, but waiting for the other person to make a mistake. In fact, for me, a GOOD MMO pvp match can last a long time before it's resolved (low numbers, not ZERG obviously - different dynamic there).

I like seeing/anticipating my enemies move, so I can counter it with a spell/skill designed for that. There is none of that in GW2.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Honestly, if SWTOR is your PvP game. Then you are NOT a serious PvPer. No offense, but you sound like someone who enjoys non-competitive, casual PvP. Which is fine, and there's nothing wrong w/ that.

The reason people like GW2's combat so much, is because it's deep, skill-based, challenging, and balanced. SWTOR's combat was simplistic, easy, unbalanced, but accessible.

I had fun with both games, but it's the depth & complexity that has me prefering GW2's combat over a game like SWTOR's. They cater to completely different audiences. One of the big problems I see with GW2 is that it focuses mostly on mechanics. For gamers like myself, we consider this a good thing. As more complex / unique systems tends to lead to more engaging gameplay. However, quite a lot of gamers don't actually care all that much about the mechanics, and instead focus on the graphics / aesthetics of a game. FFXIV is a good example of this. It has some of the most simplistic combat I've ever played, but it's accessibly and people are enjoying it. They don't care that it's shallow, or unbalanced. SWTOR is very much the same way, except somewhere in between those 2 games.

- As for build diversity, it's just that. Build diversity. Yes, some people can spec for burst, and blow you up if you're not careful. However, EVERY class has at least 1 hard counter to burst specs. For example, you can try and burst down a warrior, who will just pop endure pain, be immune to your damage, and then turn around and tear your face apart. It's all about strategy. As for camera angles & animations, there's some degree of flexibility there, and the game actually has a decent amount of sliders & options to adjust this to your preference. Don't trust the defaults. Furthermore, your camera can already zoom out more than enough to see what's happening around you (both infront AND behind). If you still have trouble with environmental awareness, I wouldn't be so quick to blame the game on that one..

Originally posted by dimnikar

What bother's me about it is zero strategy.

In slower paced games that have more spells & skills, there's an interesting dynamic when faced with an equal level opponent.

It's not so much a matter of who dpses who down first, but waiting for the other person to make a mistake. In fact, for me, a GOOD MMO pvp match can last a long time before it's resolved (low numbers, not ZERG obviously - different dynamic there).

I like seeing/anticipating my enemies move, so I can counter it with a spell/skill designed for that. There is none of that in GW2.

How do you figure 'zero strategy'?

Have you watched any of the tournaments? Have you played any of the tournament PvP modes? Have you even bothered playing with an organized team?

There are quite a number of strategies that go into the game (on a basic level) that you don't seem to understand. In fact the very existance of (and reliance on) bunker builds negates your entire assumption of 'it's all about who dpses who down first'. If you enjoy strategy / anticipation, then I'm at a loss to understand how you view this games combat. Because it has all of that, and it's been explained to death multiple times.

Heck, in Wooden Potatoes 'sPvP for Dummies' series he even describes this, and talks about how it's essentially a 'numbers game'. Things like positioning, holding points, anticipating enemy movements, are all a big factor in the game's PvP. If you are just doing hot join (random ques), then of course there's no strategy involved. You're electing to be grouped up with a bunch of random people who either don't care, or don't know how to play the PvP portion of the game.

• lolunaticlolunatic Member Posts: 108
    Originally posted by aesperus

Honestly, if SWTOR is your PvP game. Then you are NOT a serious PvPer. No offense, but you sound like someone who enjoys non-competitive, casual PvP. Which is fine, and there's nothing wrong w/ that.

The reason people like GW2's combat so much, is because it's deep, skill-based, challenging, and balanced. SWTOR's combat was simplistic, easy, unbalanced, but accessible.

I had fun with both games, but it's the depth & complexity that has me prefering GW2's combat over a game like SWTOR's. They cater to completely different audiences. One of the big problems I see with GW2 is that it focuses mostly on mechanics. For gamers like myself, we consider this a good thing. As more complex / unique systems tends to lead to more engaging gameplay. However, quite a lot of gamers don't actually care all that much about the mechanics, and instead focus on the graphics / aesthetics of a game. FFXIV is a good example of this. It has some of the most simplistic combat I've ever played, but it's accessibly and people are enjoying it. They don't care that it's shallow, or unbalanced. SWTOR is very much the same way, except somewhere in between those 2 games.

- As for build diversity, it's just that. Build diversity. Yes, some people can spec for burst, and blow you up if you're not careful. However, EVERY class has at least 1 hard counter to burst specs. For example, you can try and burst down a warrior, who will just pop endure pain, be immune to your damage, and then turn around and tear your face apart. It's all about strategy. As for camera angles & animations, there's some degree of flexibility there, and the game actually has a decent amount of sliders & options to adjust this to your preference. Don't trust the defaults. Furthermore, your camera can already zoom out more than enough to see what's happening around you (both infront AND behind). If you still have trouble with environmental awareness, I wouldn't be so quick to blame the game on that one..

I play any game with pvp, I used swtor because of its lack of quality. I would RATHER play SWTOR than gw2, and a lot of people express different feelings. I know gw2 is a quality game, but the pvp feels clunky, and unfun, don't know why people always have to pull out the "oh you dun leik my gaem so u suk" line, I've played many mmo's and been successful, gw2 just seems to be out of my grasp, it just seems like a frusrating insta burst, clunky movement, insanely annoying fake action combat  to me. I just want to know why some people like this game so much, is it because they invested so much time into a certain game I wonder? GW2 pvp scene isn't adding new members very often, and it seems only the vets stick arond and care enough to actually nerd out on the game, so i dunno.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by aesperus

I play any game with pvp, I used swtor because of its lack of quality. I would RATHER play SWTOR than gw2, and a lot of people express different feelings. I know gw2 is a quality game, but the pvp feels clunky, and unfun, don't know why people always have to pull out the "oh you dun leik my gaem so u suk" line, I've played many mmo's and been successful, gw2 just seems to be out of my grasp, it just seems like a frusrating insta burst, clunky movement, insanely annoying fake action combat  to me. I just want to know why some people like this game so much, is it because they invested so much time into a certain game I wonder? GW2 pvp scene isn't adding new members very often, and it seems only the vets stick arond and care enough to actually nerd out on the game, so i dunno.

It's all subjective and personal preference. Some love it and others don't! I think it is one of the best and it moves very fludlly imho. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-919RMwyfnk  I feel WoW had/has the best motion of any PvP and GW2 is right there with it.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• 9ineven9ineven Member UncommonPosts: 168

OP, what do you want us to tell you ?

Different tastes, welcome to the world.

Or are you looking for some kind of "weakness" in those who like GW2 so you can feel less insecure about the fact that you don't like it ?

Guess what ? You hate it, it's fine ! Move on, don't waste your time with that game, even in here on forums.

You will just get fanboys jumping on you.

• NacarioNacario Member UncommonPosts: 222

GW2 shows great potential but what I dont understand is why they only limit themselves with just conquest mode. Running from node to node creates a certain meta. I really do not understand why they keep pumping out maps (is there like 7 maps now) with conquest. People like myself find this quite tiresome on the long run, why not add other modes like deathmatch or other team orientated objectives. What is even more mind-boggling is that everything is so unclear, we dont know what to expect in the future. This is why so many just cannot wait for games like Wildstar to come out so that we can leave this mess behind.

But at the same time, GW2 really is a good game, for FREE.

Originally posted by Nacario

GW2 shows great potential but what I dont understand is why they only limit themselves with just conquest mode. Running from node to node creates a certain meta. I really do not understand why they keep pumping out maps (is there like 7 maps now) with conquest. People like myself find this quite tiresome on the long run, why not add other modes like deathmatch or other team orientated objectives. What is even more mind-boggling is that everything is so unclear, we dont know what to expect in the future. This is why so many just cannot wait for games like Wildstar to come out so that we can leave this mess behind.

But at the same time, GW2 really is a good game, for FREE.

The answer (whether you agree with it or not), is because they want it to be accessible for e-sports. Because of this, everything's point-based, and has 3 objectives. That said, they have been trying to mix up these objectives / how they work / secondary mechanics, which do add different metas to each map.

Furthermore, they have mentioned they are considering adding other game mode types in the future, but we haven't heard anything else yet =/.

As for deathmatch, you can pretty much just do hotjoins for that (random solo ques). People just play those as deathmatches mostly anyway, and it's generally understood to be the least organized form of PvP in the game atm. For more team-oriented gameplay, arenas & tournament ques are where it's at, and they tend to have A LOT more strategy involved.

• PiechunksPiechunks Member Posts: 136

Actually, no, you're actually part of the silent majority.

The WvW and SPvP participation rates as a function of population are abysmal for most servers.

If most people liked PvP they would participate in it, but they don't.

Not to mention that SPvP is especially frustrating in this game due to skill lag (the server delay, since it checks every skill; there was a lengthy thread made and replied to by ANET confirming the issue). It definitely was designed for E-Sports where everybody is on a LAN rather than an MMO where you have people with often 300+ latencies playing simply due to routing they have no control over.

I think WvW had the right idea, but was implemented far too simplistically: there is no strategy involved other than for a commander to memorize locations to treb from. Most people in WvW are just zerglings and when you do roam the game doesn't reward you. The lack of proportional rewards for winning/losing are another problem that chases away most potential players from WvW in my opinion.

It is my opinion that WoW had better PvP in both arena and balanced instanced battleground, although in all fairness GW2 lacks the latter entirely.

If people like this, then that's their choice. I personally can't stand the PvP in this game, even though I am fair at it compared to other games.

I think that the core of GW2 isn't bad, but it's up to the devs to realize its potential. The actual combat is better than GW1s, so it kind of seems like GW2 is the prodigal son of the genre.

Not to mention... where are the GUILD WARS, the very namesake of the game? They were pretty great in GW1.

Originally posted by Piechunks

The WvW and SPvP participation rates as a function of population are abysmal for most servers.

Not to mention that SPvP is especially frustrating in this game due to skill lag (the server delay, since it checks every skill; there was a lengthy thread made and replied to by ANET confirming the issue). It definitely was designed for E-Sports where everybody is on a LAN rather than an MMO where you have people with often 300+ latencies playing simply due to routing they have no control over.

I think WvW had the right idea, but was implemented far too simplistically: there is no strategy involved other than for a commander to memorize locations to treb from. Most people in WvW are just zerglings and when you do roam the game doesn't reward you. The lack of proportional rewards for winning/losing are another problem that chases away most potential players from WvW in my opinion.

It is my opinion that WoW had better PvP in both arena and balanced instanced battleground, although in all fairness GW2 lacks the latter entirely.

If people like this, then that's their choice. I personally can't stand the PvP in this game, even though I am fair at it compared to other games.

I think that the core of GW2 isn't bad, but it's up to the devs to realize its potential. The actual combat is better than GW1s, so it kind of seems like GW2 is the prodigal son of the genre.

Not to mention... where are the GUILD WARS, the very namesake of the game? They were pretty great in GW1.

Abysmal participation? Here is a shot of sPvP as of this hour. There are 50 full matches going on right now. Not to mention the thousands playing WvWvW. 

Also, the game isn't called GUILD WARS BECAUSE guilds fight one another. It is part of the guild wars that happen before prophecies. The Guild Wars

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    I enjoy the PvP a ton, like every other PvP game there are always special builds,but in this game they never feel too overpowered. It's got a lot of movement and its not for everyone.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Huh? Where do you hear that?

If you mean the WvWvW, then yes people do like the idea and the whole concept behind it, though I don't see people loving how it works rather then just the idea behind it.

If you mean PvP like literally normal battles between players, I think there are very few who feel that actually works out very well. Never heard any praise over the combat in that regards, its often skimmed over and dismissed most the time. Its really not that great at all, its quite weak in comparison to Gw1. 

Originally posted by Amjoco

Abysmal participation? Here is a shot of sPvP as of this hour. There are 50 full matches going on right now. Not to mention the thousands playing WvWvW. 

Also, the game isn't called GUILD WARS BECAUSE guilds fight one another. It is part of the guild wars that happen before prophecies. The Guild Wars

Only 50 matches (implying less than a thousand of players) out of the tens of thousands of people playing at any given time, you definitely make my point for me. 

Thousands in WvW? Participation in WvW was so low they had to give out exp boosters recently in the mail. The whole 3 months I had been playing I had never even seen "thousands"... and that is simply due to the cap in place that forces queue times.

I can go right now to gw2lfg.com and find far more than people using that particular system to look for players, or count the hundreds per server farming champions in Orr/Frost gorge etc. than I can count players in the WvW zergs.

Then you have to take into account the living story, etc. where is where most of the people are.

No offense, but I find it hard to believe you play the game if you think WvW is a big thing on most servers. I was on Desolation, one of the top tier servers for WvW (implying a higher participation rate) and even there there were many times when there was no queue for EB or any of the BLs.

• SleepyfishSleepyfish Member Posts: 363

I agree that is why I could not keep playing it, as well as other reasons, but pvp was top  on the list. You have the illusion of skill choice but its really bracketed sets of skills then the other attacks are weapon based. Not only is this not new to mmos its similar to some early 2000s Asian grinders I played. 

More importantly than that its how the skills behave. The lack of range, the over emphasis on DPS while other types of skills are hobbled to the point of uselessness means no one is really playing a Hybrid just different degrees of dps. Heavy AOE short casting times, durations and cooldowns. In a game of already limited options they one up you and limit your play style as well.

But I will say the Movement abilities are not bad.

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by Purutzil

Huh? Where do you hear that?

If you mean the WvWvW, then yes people do like the idea and the whole concept behind it, though I don't see people loving how it works rather then just the idea behind it.

If you mean PvP like literally normal battles between players, I think there are very few who feel that actually works out very well. Never heard any praise over the combat in that regards, its often skimmed over and dismissed most the time. Its really not that great at all, its quite weak in comparison to Gw1. 

Really ? I thought the pvp was some of the most balanced I'd ever seen in any mmo ....perhaps you don't like skill based combat ?

Only 50 matches (implying less than a thousand of players) out of the tens of thousands of people playing at any given time, you definitely make my point for me. 

Thousands in WvW? Participation in WvW was so low they had to give out exp boosters recently in the mail. The whole 3 months I had been playing I had never even seen "thousands"... and that is simply due to the cap in place that forces queue times.

I can go right now to gw2lfg.com and find far more than people using that particular system to look for players, or count the hundreds per server farming champions in Orr/Frost gorge etc. than I can count players in the WvW zergs.

Then you have to take into account the living story, etc. where is where most of the people are.

No offense, but I find it hard to believe you play the game if you think WvW is a big thing on most servers. I was on Desolation, one of the top tier servers for WvW (implying a higher participation rate) and even there there were many times when there was no queue for EB or any of the BLs.

Yes, per server. I'm not sure what you want here. To me that is not abysmal at all. 54 servers is a lot of people constantly playing. They don't play and then not play again. That is all the time.

WvWvW: Maybe you misunderstood me here, I didn't mention anything about thousands per server. 54 GW2 servers divided by 3 per WvWvW is 17 active playing fields. Even if there are only 100 (very conservative number) people involved in each WvWvW playing, that is 1700. So do you think less than 100 people are playing per WvWvW? I would say the numbers are quite higher and no one can really tell, but I do know that with folks zerging, roaming groups, doing map completion, gathering, and single players ganking, it is more than 300 per WvWvW.

I play WvWvW, and haven't recorded any video lately, but this was from 4 months ago when the population was somewhat lower. It is slightly better now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQLMi2PF8UM This video is very subjective and I am using it as an example. If I go right now to WvWvW I can easily find battles like this. Perhaps your server is lower, I haven't a clue. I play on Sanctum or Rall. I'm not trying to argue with you, but I feel (imho) GW2 PvP participation is far from abysmal. But you're opinion on what is is different than mine.

Recent youtube videos

General Battle.

Keeps. 

Disrupting zergs. (not recent but fun to watch.)

• stevebombsquadstevebombsquad Member UncommonPosts: 884

Only 50 people playing sPvP? That is extremely low for a game with the population of GW2. One only has to look at the TwitchTV numbers to figure out that it has little potential as an esport. It averages less than 500 people during primetime hours. That is less way less than WoW or even Diablo. As a matter of fact, it is even less than a quarter of the people that view RuneScape..... 

James T. Kirk: All she's got isn't good enough! What else ya got?

Originally posted by stevebombsquad

Only 50 people playing sPvP? That is extremely low for a game with the population of GW2. One only has to look at the TwitchTV numbers to figure out that it has little potential as an esport. It averages less than 500 people during primetime hours. That is less way less than WoW or even Diablo. As a matter of fact, it is even less than a quarter of the people that view RuneScape..... 

That is 50 matches per server, not people. Just on Sanctum of Rall alone right now there are roughly 400 people playing sPvP. 54(servers) x 400(players) = 21,600 people that can outrun a centaur. :) Of course it will be less during off peak times.

Yes, per server. I'm not sure what you want here. To me that is not abysmal at all. 54 servers is a lot of people constantly playing. They don't play and then not play again. That is all the time.

WvWvW: Maybe you misunderstood me here, I didn't mention anything about thousands per server. 54 GW2 servers divided by 3 per WvWvW is 17 active playing fields. Even if there are only 100 (very conservative number) people involved in each WvWvW playing, that is 1700. So do you think less than 100 people are playing per WvWvW? I would say the numbers are quite higher and no one can really tell, but I do know that with folks zerging, roaming groups, doing map completion, gathering, and single players ganking, it is more than 300 per WvWvW.

I play WvWvW, and haven't recorded any video lately, but this was from 4 months ago when the population was somewhat lower. It is slightly better now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQLMi2PF8UM This video is very subjective and I am using it as an example. If I go right now to WvWvW I can easily find battles like this. Perhaps your server is lower, I haven't a clue. I play on Sanctum or Rall. I'm not trying to argue with you, but I feel (imho) GW2 PvP participation is far from abysmal. But you're opinion on what is is different than mine.

Recent youtube videos

General Battle.

Keeps. 

Well it's conjecture for both of us, unless ANET suddenly decides to release numbers. If at least 30% (I'd even be more generous to round up) of the total time spent in-game is in any kind of PvP activity, I'd consider it active and eat my words. 

There are quite a few threads on the WvW forums, particularly for the lower-mid tier servers, about neigh dead WvW.

However, the most touted form of PvP in GW2, in my opinion, is SPvP since it is the only PvP with ties to esports (correct me if I'm wrong) and that particular PvP, at least to me, seems to have a very low participation rate. 

Recent youtube videos

General Battle.

Keeps. 

Well it's conjecture for both of us, unless ANET suddenly decides to release numbers. If at least 30% (I'd even be more generous to round up) of the total time spent in-game is in any kind of PvP activity, I'd consider it active and eat my words. 

There are quite a few threads on the WvW forums, particularly for the lower-mid tier servers, about neigh dead WvW.

However, the most touted form of PvP in GW2, in my opinion, is SPvP since it is the only PvP with ties to esports (correct me if I'm wrong) and that particular PvP, at least to me, seems to have a very low participation rate. 

Well in one of my above posts, I stated that my sPvP server has roughly 400 people on right now. That is a lot of players over 54 servers, not a glorious amount, but not abysmal. But you are totally correct on it being all guessing on the totals. I shake hands and say have a fine day Sir! :)

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,820

Wait, everyone thinks Guild Wars 2 PvP is all that? I love the game and I still find the PvP mediocre.

The only great aspect of GW2 PvP is that it's skill-based, rather than gear-based. The actual pvp experience is lackluster because conquest is a crappy game mode.

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard
    Originally posted by stevebombsquad

Only 50 people playing sPvP?

More misinterpretation of what has been said by the usual suspects just to bash the game. When will it stop?

It's really getting old.

Hard to not look simple when you insert your foot that far into your mouth but I give them the benefit of the doubt and assume it's just boredom or being childish  ...+1 to it's really getting old though