Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls Confirmed as First Expansion

Comments

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Considering what D3 turned out to be (and all the people that paid full price for it), they should be sending out the expansion free, with a $10 bill inside.

• GrixxittGrixxitt Member UncommonPosts: 545
    Originally posted by Burntvet
    Considering what D3 turned out to be (and all the people that paid full price for it), they should be sending out the expansion free, with a $10 bill inside.

+1 !!!

Diablo,

(Get back to me when Path of Exile releases the next act)

The above is my personal opinion. Anyone displaying a view contrary to my opinion is obviously WRONG and should STHU. (neener neener)

-The MMO Forum Community

• Darkor_hXcDarkor_hXc Member UncommonPosts: 209
    Just 1 new Class. Come on Blizzard.

• TookyGTookyG Warhammer Online CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,115
    Hasn't everyone gone back to the far superior Diablo 2?  They'd probably make more money selling a new D2 expansion...but that would probably bring D2 down to D3s level.

Until you cancel your subscription, you are only helping to continue the cycle of mediocrity.

• strellokstrellok Member Posts: 48
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

Probably the most clueless development staff in the business.

ARENANET developers would like to have a word with you.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    Originally posted by Darkor_hXc

Expansion not a new game

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306
    Originally posted by expresso

Expansion not a new game

LoD had 2 new classes.

/just sayin

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848
    Originally posted by Aori
    Now if only they would add a non auction house mode or at the least a non-rmah mode.

It's called "Don't use it" mode. It's been in game since launch. I've enjoyed it a lot.

• FubarboxFubarbox Member UncommonPosts: 30
    I enjoyed D3, but after beating the game once I had no desire to play it again. One reason I wish we could choose our difficulty ala TL2. This expansion looks nice, I wouldn't mind playing the new class, but I will probably pass. I just have no desire to lvl a character through the base game again and playing my current character further just  doesn't interest me....Maybe if I could start the crusader at the level required to play the expansion...Obviously there are a good amount of people who love the game, which is awesome and I wish you a great expansion and many more!
  • ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by TookyG
    They'd probably make more money selling a new D2 expansion.

Now that I would pay for. Gladly.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716
    I enjoyed Diablo 3's content alot had a blast with it and going to be working on getting a few characters to max so I can play this new expansion for sure.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959
    Originally posted by nolic1
    I enjoyed Diablo 3's content alot had a blast with it and going to be working on getting a few characters to max so I can play this new expansion for sure.

Ehh why would you have to be max level?

I assume that Act.V will be added to each difficulty mode? So you can play it straight with a new char.

Wouldn´t make sense to force you to go through Act.1 - 4  three times, before you can finally enter Act.V.

I would love to play the Crusader tho. A class that should have been in from the start. /sigh

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,258
    Cool video but I can't go back to the game
  • InsaneDalek1InsaneDalek1 Member Posts: 1

Awww, did someone have their oh so pwecious feewings hurt by my nasty wasty widdle video?

Well FUCK you. Here it is again. And that goes double for MikeB and the staff of mentally challenged lemurs he passes off as a moderation team.

• SinizarSinizar Member Posts: 19
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

Diablo III I don't think is fixable, even with an expansion.  The development staff has not one clue what made Diablo II so successful.  Probably the most clueless development staff in the business.

Unless they make huge changes to the loot table, the expansion will again fall flat.  I have 100's of hours in Diablo III, I try it after every patch thinking it will get better.  NOT.  I have never had a set item or legendary item fall ever.  That is so pathetic it is ludicrous to think the expansion will get any better.

Once you learn how to properly play the game you will get legendary items and set pieces to drop.  My first character to 60 I never got a single legendary or set just like you.  My new characters, 1 of each class are all loaded with legendary and set pieces.  I have also found so many items that I have 380 million gold from selling on the auction house.  What you need to do is play more and figure out how magic find helps you find rare items.  Try farming with your highest magic find character on normal MP10 setting.  You will drop a lot more items Act 2 - 4 for your new class characters that you level up.  Everyone has one main they hunt magic items with and they do multiple runs through the game with the highest magic find gear they can equip, they also play with 3 friends doing the same which will help up the magic find even more.  Kill elites to add the 5x magic find buff on top of it all.  Magic Find in the 450% range and higher drops the fastest. 

Sell the low level socket magic items for enough gold to buy what you want on the auction house.

Hope this information helps you find some joy with your $60 purchase.  I know I leveled only one character up in Diablo 2 and stopped playing.  The game was just to stiff for me but Diablo 3 feels fluid and each class is a lot of fun to play.  I only have the witch doctor left to hit 60, the rest of the classes are done so I cannot wait for the expansion.

• RazimusRazimus Member UncommonPosts: 128

"no way in hell i buy this expasion pack after D3 fail" - Arskaaa

DITTO

Also, did they ever add full PVP like they promised years ago? I literally stopped wondering because the grey haired skull of a head crumbled off my skeleton spine while I was waiting for them to add full PVP. No full PVP = extreme MEGA FAIL. Such an extreme fail I permanently boycott Blizzard for life.

--- Razimus

• VassagoMaelVassagoMael Member Posts: 555
    One new class is not acceptable. 

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!

• VassagoMaelVassagoMael Member Posts: 555
    Originally posted by expresso

Expansion not a new game

It is going to cost as much as a new game.

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015

I just watched a gamescom video with a little bit from the guy who wrote the story for the expansion pack.

Here's a basic rundown.

Prime evil destroyed, black soulstone remains, humans and angels unite.

Black soulstone is super powerful, cannot foresee what would happen if BSS is destroyed.

Now for Malthael - jump to the past - architect / leader / general during the sin war. Angels came to him for knowledge. Then one day HE DISAPPEARS AND NOBODY KNOWS WHY.

Fast foward to now - Malthael is suddenly back and now wants to kill all HUMANS on sanctuary for fuck knows what reason.

That's some of the dumbest most incoherent and lazy shitty writing I've ever heard.

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• goemoegoemoe Member UncommonPosts: 272
    Nice video. But nothing will ever get me buying Blizzard stuff again. They have lost. Game over.
  • jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698
    Originally posted by Illyssia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGp5dkJdi0w

I am pumped for this one as I do like to play DiabloIII. How exactly the loot, Paragon, endgame and new crusader class work out is too hard to tell at this early stage. But, an extra 20 levels could be a long-termblast if Blizz make the XP climb very steep.

Double post please delete

Originally posted by Illyssia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGp5dkJdi0w

I am pumped for this one as I do like to play DiabloIII. How exactly the loot, Paragon, endgame and new crusader class work out is too hard to tell at this early stage. But, an extra 20 levels could be a long-termblast if Blizz make the XP climb very steep.

What good would an extra 20 levels be when it's the only ARPG released in the last 3 years that botched up the itemization and funneled everyone to the AH in a cash grab. All D3 did was ride the coat tails of it's predecessor. 

Originally posted by Razimus

"no way in hell i buy this expasion pack after D3 fail" - Arskaaa

DITTO

Also, did they ever add full PVP like they promised years ago? I literally stopped wondering because the grey haired skull of a head crumbled off my skeleton spine while I was waiting for them to add full PVP. No full PVP = extreme MEGA FAIL. Such an extreme fail I permanently boycott Blizzard for life.

Double Ditto - 100% agreed. No more Blizzard products.

• FiveballFiveball Member Posts: 15
    Originally posted by InsaneDalek
    Originally posted by Arskaaa

thats it? thats it?

what? 1 class and new zones... what piece of junk.

got D3 played game and have max lvl barb. no way in hell i buy tis expasion pack after D3 fail.

New class, new zones, new loot, new gameplay modes, expanded endgame, story continuation... the hell else do you want? It's a bloody expansion pack, not a whole new game FFS!

Ten bucks says you're one of those people who have played the game for hundreds or even thousands of hours, get burned out on it (happens with just about every game which is played too much), then head over to the forums to tell people that the game sucks.

Back on topic, I'm very happy about this announcement. I can't wait to see what they have in store for both story continuation & gameplay additions / improvements. It'll also be nice to see the folks on the hate wagon squirm, because an expansion being made pretty much prove their assertions that the game is a 'failure' completely wrong. Of course, about 4 million people already knew that but...

Can't wait to try out the crusader. I do so miss my D2 paladin sometimes, and I hope the play style is similar (looks to be that way from the video).

Edit: I should also point out that D2: LoD only offered 2 new classes & 1 new act. Yet once again, people throw facts to the wayside in order to jump on the hate train. I've said it a million times, and I'll probably say it a million more; the hypocrisy by the fans who see themselves as 'slighted' because the game wasn't D2 with better graphics is absolutely astounding.

TBH since its blizzard you don't really need to buy the games anymore to know they will disappoint you

• killkoolkillkool Member UncommonPosts: 83

Nice an update, but that was diablo II too, hope that not play this out in a couple of days. Beause paragon is same game over and over again.

AK