Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do I get early access client? And I cant log into forums! Going nuts!

seeyouspacec0wboyseeyouspacec0wboy Member UncommonPosts: 714

So I'm a legacy player having some issues. I tried to log into the beta forums to download the client but of course the forums are down. So how do I download the client?

I then went to the official forums to ask this question and when logged in was greeted with this message:

"Since the valid character data is not present on your Square Enix Account, you are not allowed to log in to the forums.

Even if the monthly fee is paid and a valid content ID is available, a valid character data needs to be present.
Once the character is created, you will be eligible to log in to the forums. However, it may take some time until the character data is reflected to the system."

WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN?!

Originally posted by Scagweed22
is it the graphics? the repetativenesses? i mean what is the point? you could be so much more productive in real life
Real life brings repetition and pointlessness too. The only thing real life offers is Great graphics. Its kinda expensive too and way to dependent on the cash shop. Totally pay to win as well. No thank you. Ill stick to my games.

Comments

• seeyouspacec0wboyseeyouspacec0wboy Member UncommonPosts: 714
    c'mon y'all help me out :p

is it the graphics? the repetativenesses? i mean what is the point? you could be so much more productive in real life
    Real life brings repetition and pointlessness too. The only thing real life offers is Great graphics. Its kinda expensive too and way to dependent on the cash shop. Totally pay to win as well. No thank you. Ill stick to my games.

Damn, this is getting pushed back way too fast to even be noticed :(

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059

I don't think the download client is on the forums. 

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/start_ffxiv/

That may help though.

Originally posted by NetSage

I don't think the download client is on the forums. 

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/start_ffxiv/

That may help though.

The beta client was on the beta forums, which are down. And that link didnt really help :(

Do I have to add a payment method or something? Is that why the official forums are saying I dont have character info?

Well no you need to have a character :P.  To make a character you need the client.  It's not a beta anymore though so I'm not sure.
    Well no you need to have a character :P.  To make a character you need the client.  It's not a beta anymore though so I'm not sure.

My character from 1.0 should still be there though...

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    If im not mistaken they are sending invites out in waves.  similar to how swtor did their early access.  maybe you just haven't been invited yet.
    Originally posted by muffins89
    If im not mistaken they are sending invites out in waves.  similar to how swtor did their early access.  maybe you just haven't been invited yet.

No if he has early access on his account it shouldn't be an issue.  This isn't a beta anymore.

Have you tried the regular forums instead of the beta forums?

Right, I'm legacy so I should just be grandfathered in. I'm able to log into lodestone and it shows my character there and that I am legacy, but I still get the above message when trying to log into the official forums.

Legacy members could download the beta client via the beta forums, which I had done, but I uninstalled the client a few weeks ago. Now, I don't have the client and the beta forums are down. Not sure what to do...strange.

• modusmodus Member UncommonPosts: 69

http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/playersdownload/na/ is the download page emailed to me with early access code.

Unfortunately, I got system error 2146697208 whenever I tried to run the installer.  Tried a million things that were pulled out of ends of buttocks. I was not able to post questions or responses on forums so I feel your pain.

FYI, finally got it to work after a day and a half by installing all the optional windows updates for Windows 7.  Well, other than that stupid Bing Desktop.

• weslubowweslubow Member UncommonPosts: 163
    Maybe I just don't understand. If you are a legacy how do you not have the client?
  • fayknaymfayknaym Member Posts: 125

I think early access is only for people who preorder the game, because you need to get a code to activate the early access on your account. If you were 1.0 and didn't preorder the new version, then you should be able to login to your account management and download the game on the 27th with 2 weeks of free play time. https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/mogstation/

By the way, the beta client or the 1.0 client cannot be used. You have to download the new client, which is in the link Modus posted.

Also, you do not need to buy the game again, only resubscribe after your 2 free weeks.

Originally posted by modus

http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/playersdownload/na/ is the download page emailed to me with early access code.

Unfortunately, I got system error 2146697208 whenever I tried to run the installer.  Tried a million things that were pulled out of ends of buttocks. I was not able to post questions or responses on forums so I feel your pain.

FYI, finally got it to work after a day and a half by installing all the optional windows updates for Windows 7.  Well, other than that stupid Bing Desktop.

Thanks I'll give that a shot!

Originally posted by weslubow
    Maybe I just don't understand. If you are a legacy how do you not have the client?

Again, Legacy players had access to the beta forums, as we got into beta without having to apply. On those forums was the link to the beta client. When beta ended and early access started we were told to use the beta 4 client for early access, that it would just be patched. By that point I had already deleted the client. When I went back to the beta forums today to download the client again, the forums were down.

Originally posted by fayknaym
    I think early access is only for people who preorder the game, because you need to get a code to activate the early access on your account. If you were 1.0 and didn't preorder the new version, then you should be able to login to your account management and download the game on the 27th with 2 weeks of free play time. https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/mogstation/

Nope, legacy got early access as well.

• BigmamajamaBigmamajama Member Posts: 198

My guess is if your a Legacy player and you didn't buy the game again to get an Early access code.  Then on the 27th you should be able to just log into the game and see your character on its migrated Legacy server. Regarding downloading the client to be ready for the 27th start with the Lodestone to assure your characters are there.  Log in with your account at the link below.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/

As far as downloading the client I think it can be found at this link just save somewhere and execute.  

http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxiv/inst/ffxivsetup.exe

Legacy get early access.  Legacy doesn't just mean you bought 1.0 it's an actual account type which get special benefits over those who just bought 1.0.
  • fayknaymfayknaym Member Posts: 125
    Legacy get early access.  Legacy doesn't just mean you bought 1.0 it's an actual account type which get special benefits over those who just bought 1.0.

Oh I see. It's the players who payed a subscription for a period of time during 1.0?

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Originally posted by fayknaym

Oh I see. It's the players who payed a subscription for a period of time during 1.0?

3 months + paid and you get all the goodies. EA, lower subs and so on and so on. 

• tommygunzIItommygunzII Member Posts: 321

Register at that site with the same email and any other SE site. I remember at one point recently not having access to the forums and I've been a member for 10 years. 

Originally posted by tommygunzII

Register at that site with the same email and any other SE site. I remember at one point recently not having access to the forums and I've been a member for 10 years. 

Sorry, register at which site?

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I will go on a whim and say that if you have not registered an account that is paid,your account would show in the account page but not in game.Your player will not be valid in game if you have not paid.I believe you said you did not register a payment method correct?

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Originally posted by Ozreth
    Originally posted by tommygunzII

Sorry, register at which site?

Pull out your cd key and go to the links below. 

http://preorder.eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/us

http://na.square-enix.com/us/home

Originally posted by Wizardry
    I will go on a whim and say that if you have not registered an account that is paid,your account would show in the account page but not in game.Your player will not be valid in game if you have not paid.I believe you said you did not register a payment method correct?

3 months + sub is legacy. Anyone that talks about time subbed is not getting replied to. Im not sure OP is legacy and if he is, bad time to try and jump in now. Should have been reading up on this weeks ago.

Correct, I haven't registered payment yet. I'll give that a shot.

Originally posted by Nanfoodle

3 months + sub is legacy. Anyone that talks about time subbed is not getting replied to. Im not sure OP is legacy and if he is, bad time to try and jump in now. Should have been reading up on this weeks ago.

I am legacy. I have a little image in my account management that says Legacy. I made it a point to be legacy during 1.0, I played in the ARR beta etc etc. I'm Legacy.

I am legacy. I have a little image in my account management that says Legacy. I made it a point to be legacy during 1.0, I played in the ARR beta etc etc. I'm Legacy.

Then just download the client and log in. 

Then just download the client and log in. 

Right, but one of my initial questions was that I didn't know where to download the client if not through the link on the beta forums. Now I have some links to try out. That still dosen't answer that strange message I get when trying to login to the forums, but perhaps starting a payment method will remedy that.