Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dungeon video guide from gamescom

DragondieDragondie Member UncommonPosts: 43

I found this video poking around the web http://uk.gamespot.com/gamescom/wildstar-raiding-rampage-6413630/

Comments

• MaelzraelMaelzrael Member UncommonPosts: 405
    Awesome tyvm

• drakaenadrakaena Member UncommonPosts: 506
    This game is looking really really good. 
  • DragondieDragondie Member UncommonPosts: 43
    i haven't seen a dungeon look fun in a long time.
  • RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122

these are level 20, by the way. Here is the vid from youtube - can't wait to get in there!

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• EzbeeEzbee Member Posts: 31

saw this earlier, the only concern i have is that when leveling im going to be doing damage so ill learn how to dodge the telegraphs like that.

when going into dungeons i plan on healing so ill be chucked into learning healing with THOSE telegraphs, its going to be very difficult i think.

• TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130
    Originally posted by Roxtarr

these are level 20, by the way. Here is the vid from youtube - can't wait to get in there!

Like this poster said THIS IS LVL 20.. WOW!

Man I love this game.. WHY OH WHY DID YOU PUSH BACK ON ME!!! :(

BTW where are the posters that said this telegraph system would make this game easy... Time to eat your crow.

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

• ZapzapZapzap Member UncommonPosts: 224
    Originally posted by Tinybina
    Originally posted by Roxtarr

Like this poster said THIS IS LVL 20.. WOW!

Man I love this game.. WHY OH WHY DID YOU PUSH BACK ON ME!!! :(

BTW where are the posters that said this telegraph system would make this game easy... Time to eat your crow.

The posters that say that have never raided.  if they had they would realize that telegraphing has been used in raid encounters for quite a long time and guess what you can have difficult raids with telegraphs.  The difference here is Carbine has said they plan to teach raid type elements of difficulty  to players while leveling up, on trash mobs, in low level dungeons and long before players ever raid.

• TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130
    Originally posted by Ezbee

saw this earlier, the only concern i have is that when leveling im going to be doing damage so ill learn how to dodge the telegraphs like that.

when going into dungeons i plan on healing so ill be chucked into learning healing with THOSE telegraphs, its going to be very difficult i think.

And that is a good thing.  Finally it looks like we won't have a easy mode MMO, but one that is challenging and I for one welcome that challenge.

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

• furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968

And that is a good thing.  Finally it looks like we won't have a easy mode MMO, but one that is challenging and I for one welcome that challenge.

Well hopefully they will stick to the challenge.  History dictates that when people whine that something is too hard it get's nerfed.

Liking what I'm seeing though. 

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

At first I was like like "Why the heck do you need to mention training players and emphasizing you teach them to do the obvious?" Then i reminded myself of the type of players I seen lately in mmo and went "Oh yeah thats why." and pretty much changed my mindset about it.

Hey,  maybe if they do in fact emphasize stuff like that and really get players to put effort and play and think of the obvious, maybe we can finally see a shift of players actually playing the games instead of getting carried doing stupid stuff I know full well no one can be that stupid to accomplish.

• MagKilnMagKiln Member Posts: 46
    Can't wait for this one, very interested in what they are creating. 

I dont mind the challenge, its just that theyve been talking about teaching people from the start about telegraphs but thats going to apply mainly to killing things and not healing, some things will apply obviously but not all.

This will cause a cliff in the learning curve for healers which unfortunately will be frustrating for people playing the role which could cause people to not want to play it.

This will make a problem, which seems to be present in most holy trinity MMOs, even worse. The lack of healers.

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209

I dont mind the challenge, its just that theyve been talking about teaching people from the start about telegraphs but thats going to apply mainly to killing things and not healing, some things will apply obviously but not all.

This will cause a cliff in the learning curve for healers which unfortunately will be frustrating for people playing the role which could cause people to not want to play it.

This will make a problem, which seems to be present in most holy trinity MMOs, even worse. The lack of healers.

How do you know that is going to apply mainly to killing things? Pretty sure the heals are done the exact same ways as the attacks, there is no healbot/clique/grid healing here.

Originally posted by Utinni

How do you know that is going to apply mainly to killing things? Pretty sure the heals are done the exact same ways as the attacks, there is no healbot/clique/grid healing here.

Heals are done the same way as attacks in WoW, it doesnt stop them being different playstyles.

• jesusjuice69jesusjuice69 Member Posts: 276

Heals are done the same way as attacks in WoW, it doesnt stop them being different playstyles.

No, most heals are telegraphs that need to be aimed.  It works just like combat, except the heals are another color.  Red Bad, Green good.

Originally posted by jesusjuice69

No, most heals are telegraphs that need to be aimed.  It works just like combat, except the heals are another color.  Red Bad, Green good.

No i meant in Wow heals + dps = tab targetting. 

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Well, if you are looking for a fun themepark, its obvious for me that this is the game... They have solved a lot of problems people have and added a lot more variety. 

One of the big 3 comming out in my book for 2014...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

The lesson they learned people is, dont stand in the red... I dont see how thats different for healers?

He also says that these dungeons are merely the next step in the learning process..

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Originally posted by jesusjuice69

This kind of healing works so much better..

and now hoping that skills dont have any cds, but fuly rely on resources

• JinzouningenJinzouningen Member UncommonPosts: 39

yeah i read a thread somewhere where people were complaining about the telegraphs and actually is just looks like built in DBM. which helped some and did nothing for others. You still have to be on your P's and Q's to survive and contribute to the fight. 

The walk through video looks really good and yeah i admit pretty fun. I'm hoping for a beta invite soon.

• JinzouningenJinzouningen Member UncommonPosts: 39

Thank goodness because that was a bunch of bullcrap. I tried healbot once...once and it just slowed down my reaction time. So yeah aside from starting out with a warlock i played all heals in Wow and never needed a heal mod. DBM (emphasized telegraphs) was 'bout it. 

I'll never forget the raid i was in with a healer complaining on vent how she'd heal if everyone would stop moving around and come to her so she could use her mods........(kills myself)

• -aLpHa--aLpHa- Member UncommonPosts: 852

The more i see from Wildstar the more i like it, keep up the good work Carbine.