Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Name a small thing that you love in this game!

RasereiRaserei webster, MAPosts: 1,011Member

It can be a small feature, landscape, enemy, skill, class, city, ANYTHING!

I love how this game doesn't hold your hand for certain things but for others it does. For example, questing, it will give you a red circle on the map, that is fine. BUT! When it comes to say finding a certain vendor that sells rare items OR harvestable crafting materials which are by area, it will not tell you. It makes a perfect balance of the unknown and convenience.

I also like how gil isn't easy to get solo. And in a group, it's only slightly easier. This will make the economy a lot better without the hassle of ultra inflation. 

Comments

• DSWBeefDSWBeef phoenix, AZPosts: 791Member
    The weather. I experienced a thunderstorm in Gridania and it was awesome.

Playing: War Thunder, World of Warcraft, and Grim Dawn
    Waiting on:Everquest Next and The Black Desert

• GreteldaGretelda tehranPosts: 273Member Uncommon
    Maintenance

my top MMOs: UO,DAOC,WoW,GW2

most of my posts are just my opinions they are not facts,it is the same for you too.

• EvilGeekEvilGeek londonPosts: 1,227Member Uncommon

There's a weather effect of heavy rain with strong winds, you can see the hair and clothes on NPC's and PC's being blown around.

• KrematoryKrematory TVNPosts: 542Member Uncommon

The loggin music :3

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

• ArakaziArakazi OxfordPosts: 889Member
    Over 90000!
  • RasereiRaserei webster, MAPosts: 1,011Member
    Originally posted by DSWBeef

This took me by surprise too! Man... This game... So much I don't know, huge world, tons to do.... It feels good knowing my computer entertainment will be taken care of by this game for a long time.

• NetSageNetSage Lake Geneva, WIPosts: 1,040Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Raserei

I also like how gil isn't easy to get solo. And in a group, it's only slightly easier. This will make the economy a lot better without the hassle of ultra inflation. 

Gil seems pretty easy to get to me.  But, there are also a lot of gill sinks for the lazy (like teleportation).

But a small thing I love?  That brainless parties actually die even in early levels.  As a healer though it's kind of annoying when my tank dies because he didn't dodge a bomb exploding in his face.  Or, dps not noticing the nail during ifrit which leads to a wipe.  It's all still fun though.  Just makes my life harder :P.

• AlamarethAlamareth Cincinnati, OHPosts: 570Member

Boob mechanics.

Did you *really* think everyone would treat this thread seriously?

• VoqarVoqar Phoenix, AZPosts: 498Member

I love how this game doesn't hold your hand for certain things but for others it does. For example, questing, it will give you a red circle on the map, that is fine. BUT! When it comes to say finding a certain vendor that sells rare items OR harvestable crafting materials which are by area, it will not tell you. It makes a perfect balance of the unknown and convenience.

So being wildly inconsistent in presentation is a good thing?  The game IS an odd mix of stupidly easy along with unintuitive or restrictive.

I like how you can't hide quests on the tracker...especially when you might have 20 classes with lots of different quests going on that mostly don't apply to the current class.  Hurray.

Ok, something positive.

I like how the class system works and it just gets better and better as you can use more and more cross class skills.

I like that you start with an abundance of inventory space.

I like the levequest system even if I don't like how it's limited (why limit, set the people FREE).  The basic idea of repeatable quests with rewrads and potential challenge (the slider thing doesn't always mean anything unless you're at the low end of the level range and can boost it) is a good idea.  Options are good.

Premium MMORPGs do not feature built-in cheating via cash for gold pay 2 win. PLAY to win or don't play.

• zegerothzegeroth Sacramento, CAPosts: 22Member
    Running around in your jimmies lmao...
  • RasereiRaserei webster, MAPosts: 1,011Member
    Originally posted by NetSage

Gil seems pretty easy to get to me.  But, there are also a lot of gill sinks for the lazy (like teleportation).

But a small thing I love?  That brainless parties actually die even in early levels.  As a healer though it's kind of annoying when my tank dies because he didn't dodge a bomb exploding in his face.  Or, dps not noticing the nail during ifrit which leads to a wipe.  It's all still fun though.  Just makes my life harder :P.

Gil is flowing because we have all the one time quests. After that, it will just be levequests, guildhests, marketplace, and dungeons. (Monsters very rarely drop gil it seems)

• tommygunzIItommygunzII Roanoke, VAPosts: 321Member
    I love a lot of things about the game, but the coolest thing I've seen so far is the bustle sound when more than 50 or so people are standing in an area. At first I thought it was just in cities until I was waiting outside of the Ifrit fight and heard it there.
  • AlamarethAlamareth Cincinnati, OHPosts: 570Member
    Originally posted by zegeroth
    Running around in your jimmies lmao...

This man gets it.

Oh, and unlimited guildleves would be roughly equivalent to mindless F2P grind...which is exactly what I didn't pay for.

• NBlitzNBlitz ZwollePosts: 1,904Member
    A small thing that I love in this game is that I've no good reason to roll an alt, aside from maybe wanting to play another race. 
  • BoltonsquadBoltonsquad RotherhamPosts: 294Member Uncommon
    The amount of things to do, I currently have a 27 Archer and started a few crafting skills and haven't even scratched the surface!
  • myxaplixmyxaplix San Jose, CAPosts: 24Member Uncommon
    I really like the way you can't play the game on the first day. Makes me really care about the small things.
  • NetSageNetSage Lake Geneva, WIPosts: 1,040Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Voqar

I like how you can't hide quests on the tracker...especially when you might have 20 classes with lots of different quests going on that mostly don't apply to the current class.  Hurray.

I'm pretty sure you can.  Did you actually look in the quest log it self?

• TheCliffordTheClifford Concord, NHPosts: 15Member
    Originally posted by NBlitz
    A small thing that I love in this game is that I've no good reason to roll an alt, aside from maybe wanting to play another race. 

This was the biggest selling point for me.  Even though the combat system isn't my ideal, the fluency of role-switching and the flexibility is amazing for me.  Oddly enough, its made it so I want to take more time with my toon instead of blazing to max level.  Probably because I can connect better with one toon as opposed to the 12 alts I'd be bouncing between.

• AvanahAvanah Posts: 945Member Uncommon
    I love the day I will get the game....27th. Bypass all this mess hopefully. :)

TGIF...Thank God I'm Female

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...
    One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

• RoinRoin Baltimore, MDPosts: 2,927Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by DSWBeef

^This.

I had to sit back and watch. A little amazed at it the first time I saw it. When I originally heard "weather" was being put in. I thought it would just be some half ass system to shut possible whiners. But it's really well done, I mean even my hair and clothes are moved by the wind during a storm. Not to mention it sounds pretty good.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• BlazeyerBlazeyer Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 476Member Uncommon
    As a tank I love the built in threat/aggro/enmity meter. It makes things so much easier to know just how much certain skills affect hate.
  • IfrianMMOIfrianMMO BarcelonaPosts: 212Member
    Forests that actually look like forests.

• SgtPepperUKSgtPepperUK YorkPosts: 30Member Uncommon

I like how the NPCs and chocobos react when you walk near them by turning their heads in your directions :)

Think about it, nobody wants to die, there's rules to this game son, I'm justified.

• George_LPGeorge_LP AthensPosts: 20Member
    guys on 27th of the month this game will be on shops?
  • SoulSurferSoulSurfer Denver, COPosts: 1,248Member
    The sound effects, and the stars in the night sky are awesome.