Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

After Level 15, this game becomes slowly but surely great!

AbrrahamAbrraham Member Posts: 149

Oh gosh, I've passed Level 25 now. There has been such a great increase in fun after Level 15. I hope it stays this way.

I'm really, really, really surprised of this game. I've never played a FF game before and normally prefer an action based combat system since Tera but it's different here. I start to love the rising complexity and it's really smooth. And overall, this game is really well polished: good graphics, controls and environments - no bugs so far for me.

Comments

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090
    Only 925 levels to go!
  • AbrrahamAbrraham Member Posts: 149
    Naw, I'm not going to level up all classes :P
  • GrummusGrummus Member UncommonPosts: 151
    I got bored in the first hour of the silent movie treatment.

Went to kill some Wharf Rats and combat is just a snooze fest.

It might be OK if I were a 80 year old man with cataracts and arthritis but if with one hand I can light a cigarette and change the batteries in my mouse between needing to look at the screen something is wrong.
  • AbrrahamAbrraham Member Posts: 149
    Yeah, I had the same feeling in the beginning, it gets much better later...
  • page975page975 Member Posts: 312
    Originally posted by Keylogger_007
    I got bored in the first hour of the silent movie treatment. Went to kill some Wharf Rats and combat is just a snooze fest. It might be OK if I were a 80 year old man with cataracts and arthritis but if with one hand I can light a cigarette and change the batteries in my mouse between needing to look at the screen something is wrong.

Well you could always play World of Warcraft. Now that has voice and fast paced combat. Infact you can go from level 12 to 25 in about an hour.  That may be the game for you !

• PandraxPandrax Member UncommonPosts: 341
    Originally posted by Keylogger_007
    I got bored in the first hour of the silent movie treatment. Went to kill some Wharf Rats and combat is just a snooze fest. It might be OK if I were a 80 year old man with cataracts and arthritis but if with one hand I can light a cigarette and change the batteries in my mouse between needing to look at the screen something is wrong.

Well, It's a shame you are not able to see past a few hours of a tutorial  to judge the game. It seems to be a growing trend that most gamers have these days. If the first hour is not perfect, they run a long to something else in a sad, never ending circle. Sometimes I just don't understand how people are not able to grasp certain concepts and situations that require a slow paced tutorial. There is a constant flow of new gamers, and they do not have the knowledge or experience to just jump straight into a MMORPG and fully grasp the whole game instantly.

Hopefully you can find a game that suits your need of instant gratification.

~ ~

Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths, Enwrought with golden and silver light, The blue and the dim and the dark cloths Of night and light and the half light, I would spread the cloths under your feet: But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

• teknotazteknotaz Member UncommonPosts: 112
    I have really enjoyed the game. got a lvl 20 archer and lvl 8 conjour and i can not wait until i get me bard.

• Kingmob23Kingmob23 Member UncommonPosts: 78
    I got into beta a while back and thought it started so slow, I quckly uninstalled it; however, at $30 and the fact that I was really bored, I preordered the game a day before headstart. I'm glad I did. Although its tutorial is overly tedious and slow, once I put a little time in I got really into it. I am suprised by how much I've been enjoying it so far.
  • BoltonsquadBoltonsquad Member UncommonPosts: 403

Currently a level 27 Archer and have just started a couple of crafting skills, the amount of things to do in this game is endless.

FATES and Story Quests are the quickest way to level at the moment, get into a good guild and party up for dungeons also another great way.

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701
    Originally posted by teknotaz
    I have really enjoyed the game. got a lvl 20 archer and lvl 8 conjour and i can not wait until i get me bard.

I've been following as much news and speculation as I can for the past 2 weeks, and I am almost positive that they have removed Conjurer from Bard, and it's now 15 Pug instead. See the below posts as well as I've now seen multiple people mentioning this today elsewhere. I'm not to that point yet in the game, so I can't confirm, but it might be worth asking in game to see if it's indeed changed.

http://ffxivrealm.com/threads/2nd-class-needed-for-bard.4708/