Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WildStar: Gamescom News Roundup

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

German site WildstarCore.de has posted a great interview with the Wildstar team that reveals some new information for fans. We've used handy-dandy Google Translate to extract what we can.

1.) Open Beta about a month before launch, in Spring of 2014.

2.) 1-50 leveling speed should take about 150 hours.

3.) No flying mounts to start, but eventually.

4.) There will be a spectator mode for PVP, just might get delayed until after launch.

5.) CREDD will move in a free market (we already knew this).

6.) Solo players absolutely have a place throughout, even with the game's Raid and Group content focus.

7.) Pre-order folks will have some advantages. Possibly head start access, items, etc.

8.) There is de-leveling to "mentor down" to players lower than you. Great news.

9.) Deep crafting with job-specific trees, permanent decisions, very rare discoverable recipes and more.

Read more at WildstarCore.de.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Psion33Psion33 Member Posts: 248
    Awesome. I just pray most if not all end game gear & recipes are BOP only.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Comming around just greatly, you however missed the awesome crowd controll counters announced at gamescom.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• koljanekoljane Member UncommonPosts: 171
    All I want now is to pay the game and get instant access to beta !!!!
  • TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130

God so its true that they pushed it back!!!   

/facepalm

oh well.. Dang look at this gameplay footage!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG_82r0RzfI

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

• Swe_wolfisSwe_wolfis Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Feel like 150 hours is...less then I hoped
  • RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    I wonder if "Open Beta" will mean anyone can try the game because having registered for beta as soon as it was available and still not being invited to it makes me think I'm simply never going to get invited to the beta. I refuse to pay a box price for a game without being allowed to try it first. If it weren't an MMO it'd be different...

Smile

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    Originally posted by Swe_wolfis
    Feel like 150 hours is...less then I hoped

Well, if you are a hardcore and play about 8 hours ( that's kinda hardcore ) a day for leveling only( not including crafting, and other activities ) it should give you about 20 days. 

For the majority however, there will be around 4 hours, which is at least 40 days to reach level 50. 

Well, that's very good from my point of view :)

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• Mange1Mange1 Member UncommonPosts: 266
    Very disappointed at them pushing it back, now they are truly competing with EQ Next and TESO.  The only blatant advantage they had was their Q4 release date.
  • BoldynBoldyn Member Posts: 265
    Originally posted by Razeekster
    I refuse to pay a box price for a game without being allowed to try it first.

Just....wow, so sad. I am sure you ment to say you refuse to pay a box price for a game without getting to help find bugs and get the game as stable as possible for launch?

Spoiled, ignorant, selfish generation....yuck

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051
    Originally posted by Boldyn

Just....wow, so sad. I am sure you ment to say you refuse to pay a box price for a game without getting to help find bugs and get the game as stable as possible for launch?

For an alternate response, everyone who buys the game receives 3 1-week long passes. So hopefully you have some friends ha.

• ShaikeShaike Member UncommonPosts: 301

ok so - NOT A TROLL

BUT - this is the second "News Story" to come with "Google translate" ---> MMORPG.COM - are you trying to tell us something?

Just my 2 cents...

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Good

150 hours is all i need  to hit max level with a few characters within the first free month and decide whether its worth a constant sub or not. I hope it does but the free month will tell.

• IkifalesIkifales Member UncommonPosts: 305
    Good that they are willing to push back the date as needed rather than make the same old mistake of releasing the game before it's ready.
  • RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591

What are you even talking about O.o I meant when the game was released. There was nothing ever said at being allowed to buy the game and then being allowed into the beta to test bugs. They aren't doing that so not sure what the heck you're talking about unless you were just trying to start something.

Smile

• strellokstrellok Member Posts: 48

If you buy games without playing them first, you are a regular sheep.

If you watch market closely, you will see how MANY terrible games have achieved high preorder numbers because of good marketing.

People who preorder without playing it, or knowing exactly what the game provides are the reason we get bad games.

• TaotavTaotav Member UncommonPosts: 14

2.) 1-50 leveling speed should take about 150 hours.

Meh, too fast...

• AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824
    Originally posted by strellok

If you buy games without playing them first, you are a regular sheep.

If you watch market closely, you will see how MANY terrible games have achieved high preorder numbers because of good marketing.

People who preorder without playing it, or knowing exactly what the game provides are the reason we get bad games.

example: star wars the old republic

remember how INSANELY defensive the fanboys were for that game? (until they realized it was garbage a month later) it's happening again, this time with wildstar

• TheCrow2kTheCrow2k Member Posts: 953

Translates as

1.) Summer 2014 for Beta.

2.) We pulled this number out of a hat.

3.) Flying mounts first item in the cash shop once the sub numbers dry up.

4.) There might be a spectator mode for PVP added after launch, maybe.

6.) If you dont want to Raid and Group you will have nothing to do at endgame.

7.) Pre-order folks will have some advantages. We dunno what yet.

8.) We are stopping powerleveling. Great news.

9.) There will be basic crafting at launch, we will flesh it out with patches afterwards.

10.) We will be subscription based for the first 6-12 months, once subs dry up we will go Buy 2 play or microtrans.

• MaelzraelMaelzrael Member UncommonPosts: 405
    Man there are a lot of jaded gamers out there. This game looks amazing to me... particularly the endgame.

• MarlonBMarlonB Member UncommonPosts: 526

I played for 5 minutes at gamescom .. felt i already had 150 hours in :)

Guess i'm done with this category of games :)