Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did the servers crash?

MonorojoMonorojo Member UncommonPosts: 411
Unable to log in here

Comments

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by Monorojo
    Unable to log in here

It's been going on all day.

Great game, not so great launch.

• Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731

another maintenance

• MonorojoMonorojo Member UncommonPosts: 411
    Hopefully to fix the instances.
  • pyrendiapyrendia Member Posts: 14
    Originally posted by silverreign

another maintenance

Did they say how long this one would take?

• PerjurePerjure Member UncommonPosts: 250
    Been playing for past 5 hours, took a break and now cannot log in as well. Servers status on Loadstone show all are up and running.
  • PuffingtonPuffington Member Posts: 35
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer
    Unable to log in here

It hasnt been launched yet, lets wait a couple days until release and see if they get this stuff fixed. This is what early access is for, a glorified last beta to get these things out of the way before the real stingy people get in here.

• Elegance92Elegance92 Member Posts: 93
    Originally posted by Puffington
    Unable to log in here

It hasnt been launched yet, lets wait a couple days until release and see if they get this stuff fixed. This is what early access is for, a glorified last beta to get these things out of the way before the real stingy people get in here.

The stingy people aren't going to get in if things don't seem to be going well though.

This is effectively soft release really.

• Snowdon_CloudripperSnowdon_Cloudripper Member CommonPosts: 584
    What are you talking about the servers are fine

http://absoluteretribution.enjin.com/ Guild Website and Recruitment link

• MrSaltyMrSalty Member UncommonPosts: 39
    Unable to log in here

early access is launch. do you think everyone is waiting for "launch day" to buy the game? 

• describabledescribable Member UncommonPosts: 407

avoid their forums, the speed of which reminds me when i had a 28.8k modem.

seriously it now crashes chrome to the unresponsive nature as the site is being pounded harder than... well you know... and IE won't even attempt it. 

good old error 90,000, 10100 or 10000 :P

game's going up and down more often than a hooker on a saturday night.  Everytime i teleport i'm pretty much like "yeah is it going to crash this time". seems to crash to mass teleportation of characters

"nothing actually matters, we're just slightly evolved monkeys clinging to a dying piece of rock hurtling through space waiting for our eventual death." - Frankie Boyle, Mock The Week

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by Elegance92
    Unable to log in here

The stingy people aren't going to get in if things don't seem to be going well though.

This is effectively soft release really.

I am not surprised really. Call it what you will, but saying it's not launched is semantics. Anyway. It's been up and down all day. And yes it will probably be ironed out by the 27th. 

• wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659
    More bugs than a new york hotel
  • ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911
    This is actually my worse launch day experience since Vanguard. I don't buy that crap that this is a glorified beta, it's the launch. Anyway I've been getting error 9000, error 10002 and so on... not forgetting the servers being shut down for maintenance, not being able to go into the solo instance. To top it all of, my IP provider treats the game as a peer 2 peer so I have to deal with lag so extreme that it's unplayable during peak hours. So all in all I have seen very little of the game and I set aside the day to play it. Shittiest launch I experienced in years.
  • MimzelMimzel Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Originally posted by Arakazi
    This is actually my worse launch day experience since Vanguard. I don't buy that crap that this is a glorified beta, it's the launch. Anyway I've been getting error 9000, error 10002 and so on... not forgetting the servers being shut down for maintenance, not being able to go into the solo instance. To top it all of, my IP provider treats the game as a peer 2 peer so I have to deal with lag so extreme that it's unplayable during peak hours. So all in all I have seen very little of the game and I set aside the day to play it. Shittiest launch I experienced in years.

First, having your IP throttling your bandwith is not something you can blame SE for. Bark up your IP's tree, not SE's.
    Secondly, there have definately been some issues, but Id say the launch has been medium to ok. I have gotten alot of hours of gameplay in from 11-17 CET, and again from 20 -2230 cet. The servers have been down about twice today. Once at 17cet for 3 hours maintenance, and they seem down now. The servers are obviously tanking right now.

• ookibakaookibaka Member UncommonPosts: 38
    I don't have any problems with there being bugs, but their lack of systems messages or posts on the client is very irritating.
    Originally posted by Mimzel

First, having your IP throttling your bandwith is not something you can blame SE for. Bark up your IP's tree, not SE's.
    Secondly, there have definately been some issues, but Id say the launch has been medium to ok. I have gotten alot of hours of gameplay in from 11-17 CET, and again from 20 -2230 cet. The servers have been down about twice today. Once at 17cet for 3 hours maintenance, and they seem down now. The servers are obviously tanking right now.

It's not the players job to contact the ISP you know... Irrespective of that I had a horrid time. I know my experience isn't everyone elses, but this is the worse launch I've experienced in years.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    There's been alot worse launches than this.  Everything is due to the large volume of traffic.  Haven't yet found anything wrong with the game itself...once again people blame the developer for something the community is doing XD   There's only so much you can do.  If you got your highway jammed up, there's really nothing you can do but sit and wait it out.
  • itsbigmikeitsbigmike Member Posts: 86

My internet sucks, better blame SE!  Been playing all morning just fine 

twitch.tv/boonmackle

• BrooksTechBrooksTech Member Posts: 163
    My server, Aegis, is running fine -  the server they placed my legacy character on.  I don't really know about the rest of them.
  • describabledescribable Member UncommonPosts: 407

it's weird if the servers are down, why can i access my character information and go between servers.... :-/ oddness. (i get error 90000 or 10102 if i create a new character or do anything remotely associated with wanting to play the game)

if the servers are down, surely the common sense, simple approach would be when you hit "start" to play, a message comes up explaining the issues (the updating screen when you load in, is about as efficient as windows millenium edition)

not accessing your characters and information. it's not the brightest of ways in communication but then no MMO developer in the history of computing has managed actual "normal communication with the player base at a base level"

"nothing actually matters, we're just slightly evolved monkeys clinging to a dying piece of rock hurtling through space waiting for our eventual death." - Frankie Boyle, Mock The Week

• teknotazteknotaz Member UncommonPosts: 112
    they posted that another maintenance and will be down until 7:30 CST. this morning they were back up 1 hour before the said, so I am hoping for the same thing

Originally posted by itsbigmike

My internet sucks, better blame SE!  Been playing all morning just fine 

You have no idea what you're talking about. There is nothing actually wrong with my internet. The same thing happened with Rift and the game company apologized and said it was an oversight. 

• CacolacoCacolaco Member UncommonPosts: 99
    Originally posted by BrooksTech
    My server, Aegis, is running fine -  the server they placed my legacy character on.  I don't really know about the rest of them.

I've been wondering if I ought to try one of the Japanese servers myself...

I'm just waiting for a F2P overhyped sandbox WoW clone with full PVP, epic raid bosses, instanced group content, and Crysis-quality graphics to come out. That, or something fun.

• ZenIrishChaiZenIrishChai Member UncommonPosts: 527
    I don't know what you guys are complaining about. I'm having a great time ... playing other games while I wait for this one to work. lol
    Originally posted by IrishChai
    I don't know what you guys are complaining about. I'm having a great time ... playing other games while I wait for this one to work. lol

lol. I've given up too. Far too many issues with it, and it usually takes a few days for things like this to sort themselves out to my early access has been a waste of time. I'm torn between restarting my eve career or just logging on to a casual game meantime.