Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW Killer is here

zegerothzegeroth Member Posts: 22

As a long time lover of Everquest and Wow, and just posting to let other veterans know they should try out the game.  This is hands down the best game that has been released since WoW.  WoW is primmed to be slaughtered by repetive horrible content....at the same time, there are no other options for players.  If you loved the final fantasy series, this is an absolute treat!

The beginning is extremely easy, but I'm pretty confident that things change.  The game is just so well done...the details...the MUSIC...beautiful world.  Things make sense in the world...it feels alive, and that just makes me feel so good compared the crap I've installed over the past 10 years.

Some may not feel the same, but the worlds are completely full right now.  Launch has been awesome!

Comments

• meadmoonmeadmoon Member UncommonPosts: 1,344
    Another one? I guess we should dig another hole in the Wow-Killer Memorial Graveyard.
  • BTrayaLBTrayaL Member UncommonPosts: 624
    Congrats on the cliche thread title.

• zegerothzegeroth Member Posts: 22
    Sorry, I didn't read other threads..I just posted in excitement.  I am playing the game and just thought I would jump over here and through a post out..
  • MdpatsMdpats Member UncommonPosts: 176
    For you the game might be a replacement for WoW, but that is still yet to be determined.
  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514

I tried to email Blizzard's boss man and give him the dire news, but I just got an automated reply with this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPX5mRSQ3pw

• UmirshandUmirshand Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Originally posted by zegeroth

As a long time lover of Everquest and Wow, and just posting to let other veterans know they should try out the game.  This is hands down the best game that has been released since WoW.  WoW is primmed to be slaughtered by repetive horrible content....at the same time, there are no other options for players.  If you loved the final fantasy series, this is an absolute treat!

The beginning is extremely easy, but I'm pretty confident that things change.  The game is just so well done...the details...the MUSIC...beautiful world.  Things make sense in the world...it feels alive, and that just makes me feel so good compared the crap I've installed over the past 10 years.

Some may not feel the same, but the worlds are completely full right now.  Launch has been awesome!

I literally, next to never, post on this site. Though I come here quite often, I couldn't restrain myself this time. This game, when I played the beta, was terrible, uninspired, and offers next to nothing as far as innovation. I'm curious how this is supposed to be "WoW killer"?

"Look at me when I'm hitting you!"

• Aldous.HuxleyAldous.Huxley Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 418
    Originally posted by Umirshand

I literally, next to never, post on this site. Though I come here quite often, I couldn't restrain myself this time. This game, when I played the beta, was terrible, uninspired, and offers next to nothing as far as innovation. I'm curious how this is supposed to be "WoW killer"?

With a candlestick in the conservatory. 

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

it wotn kill wow it will substan probly 500k to 2 mill subs its a good game that offers more than wow does in terms of extra content not gear wise something like that

• TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130

This is how I felt as well, I literally spent more time installing it then I could tolerate playing it.  WOW killer?  Maybe if they die from laughing at the terrible cut scenes.  That scene before I was put on that boat, UGH!

I recently beta tested another MMO and there was no comparison.  I found myself wanting more and more of that game, while I found myself running to uninstall this one.

Hell I even think Firefall was better then this imo...

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

• UmirshandUmirshand Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Originally posted by Aldous.Huxley

lol

"Look at me when I'm hitting you!"

• TorcipTorcip Member UncommonPosts: 669
    They don't even want WoW numbers. They made this game for a specific person, and that's all they intend to have play it. Same with FFXI, the game is going to be still going strong 10 years from now with it core group of players who really enjoy Final Fantasy.
  • Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Originally posted by Aldous.Huxley

I have the candlestick.

It was the pipe in the garage.

• OfficialFlowOfficialFlow Member Posts: 111
  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    Such an obvious troll thread.
  • Vicus_VendettaVicus_Vendetta Member Posts: 14

Wow killer is hard to live up to but I honestly am tired of innovation MMO's.  I am enjoying this game because it is old school feel.  Yes I mean do the quest like normal games and explore the world.  While this might not be new to MMO's, it is my style of gameplay in a Final Fantasy world. 

Games like GW2 are not innovation to me.  Taking away the trinity and making every character be able to heal/tank/crowd control etc takes away the teamwork I love in MMO's.  What I like a lot about FFXIV that I believe is going to make it shine is that the community seems super friendly, helpful, and chatty.  Everyone is talking and most of them seem like they aren't 8 years old with a potty mouth.  I am going to play FFXIV until something really innovated comes a long...and I don't mean GW3 errr EQNext.

Vicus

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Yes, the WoW killer is here.

It's called Vivendi

• Elegance92Elegance92 Member Posts: 93
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

It's called Vivendi

Last I heard blizz was trying/going to buy their freedom back, actually :P

Originally posted by Elegance92

It's called Vivendi

It will cost them a price no one else is willing to pay.

• TorcipTorcip Member UncommonPosts: 669

It's called Vivendi

They already did buy themselves back last I heard. Back in July. And yes, it cost a pretty penny, and then that penny's 5 brothers.

Originally posted by Torcip

It's called Vivendi

They already did buy themselves back last I heard. Back in July. And yes, it cost a pretty penny, and then that penny's 5 brothers.

I did not know it was a done deal.....Good for Blizz. But thinking about the circumstances, I am sure they had this contingency planned out.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    I wouldn't call anything a WoW Killer, but after 8+ years, I finally have left WoW for this game.  Many have come and gone, but this seems to be sticking :)
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615

Well, just for fun: I think EQ Next has a MUCH BETTER chance than FF14ARR at what your title depicts...

On a more serious note: I play them all for fun. If I like them, I play them, if I don't, I won't....Simple.

I do not need to use "_______ Killer" to justify an opinion...As for opinions...My Sig speaks the truth. :)

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• KatillaKatilla Member UncommonPosts: 829

I love watching the WoW fans get so upset whenever someone trashes their crappy game.  FFARR is an amazing game and WoW pales in comparison to it.... when the servers are actually up and not pissing you off to no end with an error 90000 and you cant connect, nor view the servers.... not a very smooth "head start" at all so far, kind of sucks that most of my day is sitting in a server que or hitting the refresh button over and over to see if my buddies server has been population unlocked.

So yeah, better than WoW but will not be a WoW killer because its not very noob friendly and doesnt spoonfeed you with everything.  WoW will always be around because it's easy to play.  Troll on

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
  • WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

This is part of the wow killer yes. Lots of games will divide and conquer WoW.

Even though I still like wow and want to slam garrosh into the ground. I REALLY like XIV too.

This discussion has been closed.