Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EU and NA are up, and all is fine!

2»

Comments

• Elegance92Elegance92 Member Posts: 93
    Originally posted by Four0Six
    Originally posted by Elegance92
    Originally posted by joe2721

Theres five plus  servers locked at the moment. yes they are up and running but considering how earlly it is, don't look well for the rest of early access LOL.

This is a pretty bad launch

Google WoWs launch to see a bad launch.

This is 2013, you can't really compare them.

You can compare it to wows 5.0 launch if you want to, though, even though that happened before this still.

What does the date have to do with it?

Locking servers so the starting zones are playable seems like a reasonable approach to the flood of players that happens at launch.

My reference had to do with uncontrollable server crashes vs controlling the flow of players.

Edit: didn't need the rest.

Uh...technological advancements?

The usual approach is login queues, not outright locks.

Or, if you need to lock it, offer free transfers for a time, like gw2 did.

• MimzelMimzel Member UncommonPosts: 375

Wow Ive played for 6 hours already?! O.o Gosh, I'm really having a great time :)

Only annoying bit was the work finder and instances werent working, which is - as I understand from ingame server status - why they brought the servers down for maintenance.

I had to relog a few times during the session, and at most the que was 32 people infront of me waiting to log in. That took about 40 seconds and I was back in game.

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by Mimzel

Wow Ive played for 6 hours already?! O.o Gosh, I'm really having a great time :)

Only annoying bit was the work finder and instances werent working, which is - as I understand from ingame server status - why they brought the servers down for maintenance.

I had to relog a few times during the session, and at most the que was 32 people infront of me waiting to log in. That took about 40 seconds and I was back in game.

God damn maintenance. I think I will just go to sleep super early and wake up super early. :/ The maintenance ends at 20:00 here :(.

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630

Theres five plus  servers locked at the moment. yes they are up and running but considering how earlly it is, don't look well for the rest of early access LOL.

The Launch is Bad and SE should know better... Players should be allowed to play on any shard , it is just poor game design and bad planning  which promotes this sort of issue. Or just a general lack of care.

That said regardless of how you plan its always hard on day one .... but then again this isn't day one and this is what head-starts are used for. Anyone who expects more is  living on planet nod.

Now if they have issues on the real go live date then that will be more of a dis-appointment.

• MangaMaidenMangaMaiden Member Posts: 180
    Originally posted by Isane

The Launch is Bad and SE should know better... Players should be allowed to play on any shard , it is just poor game design and bad planning  which promotes this sort of issue. Or just a general lack of care.

That said regardless of how you plan its always hard on day one .... but then again this isn't day one and this is what head-starts are used for. Anyone who expects more is  living on planet nod.

Now if they have issues on the real go live date then that will be more of a dis-appointment.

I think just about every launch I have seen so far there is someone saying 'They obviously don't care about the players or this is the worst launch ever' Just stop whining and have a little patience. :P