Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to kill a dragon ?

2»

Comments

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by iixviiiix

Top class enemy in fantasy world ,

with big body monstrous heal and mana , skin harder than steel and an anti magic being.

It can fly and one breath can ruin a small town , each step of it make earth shake ect ect ...

So

How we defeat a dragon in a MMORPG ?

- Send a hero party to ambush when it sleep in nest

- Bring a  thousand men army

- Poison it food

- Cast death's spell (lol)

ect ect ...

So

Do you thing what's best way to defeat a dragon in MMORPG fantasy world ?

If it's not actually burning your town or killing your livestock, I'd say leave it alone. I mean, you could go to its home, murder it and take its belongings, but then who's actually the villain in that scenario?

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard
    Really? What would a "real" dragon do? Keep on bashing the plate wearer he can't dent the health of? Or turn onto the squishy healing him?
    Thats exactly my point, There is no such thing as a "real dragon", Trying to understand what it is capable of is madness.

But saying a tank which is taunting and provoking the dragon because the dragon wants that guy DEAD is is just as relevant as if you think you can do some maguver roll to dodge a Swipe-Snatch-Flame attack.

Spoken like a person who can't imagine a game working without the trinity. I've played several, so I know it works.

UO, AC1, GW2 of course, but also even some fights in WoW where bosses don't have a threat table, the most "famous" being the faction champions in Crusader Coliseum.

Don't restrict what is possible to the limits of your own imagination ;)

Go look at my games list, I know what alternatives there are. im saying that your claim
    "A dragon that just hits the one tank is as unrealistic" is bogus. or atleast as bogus as ever other alternative in a fantasy universe.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    Originally posted by Loktofeit
    Originally posted by iixviiiix

Top class enemy in fantasy world ,

with big body monstrous heal and mana , skin harder than steel and an anti magic being.

It can fly and one breath can ruin a small town , each step of it make earth shake ect ect ...

So

How we defeat a dragon in a MMORPG ?

Do you thing what's best way to defeat a dragon in MMORPG fantasy world ?

If it's not actually burning your town or killing your livestock, I'd say leave it alone. I mean, you could go to its home, murder it and take its belongings, but then who's actually the villain in that scenario?

Well...

It not burning my town or kill my livestock but some of them do take away some hard earning exp % in my past games.

You know , sudden swamp boss or type go around map for fun , sometime hide in normal mobs , they ready do a lots evil work again me and some time cause me tears because of lost

So i do have some hostility again dragon boss

oh

It remind me there are a game i played that allow player turn in to a dragon with monstrous heal and damage double in pvp when one side get disadvantage and it like a nightmare when player who ready strong turn into dragon.

because they are intelligent player "dragon" , normal way of tank and heal don't work again them , it nearly no way to take down them, best way are run away from they sign because 1 hit of dragon charge mean dead lol.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Loktofeit

And who says we have to be the good guys in games?

Most MMOs are about progression and loot, while murdering whole races. They are just fantasy of exerting our power in the world.

If it is ugly and don't look  like hot female elves, i say we kill it and get the purple drops from them.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by Barrikor

The bravest, most heroic way possible:

Roll a bolder over the entrance to the dragons lair, come back when it's starved to death.

Biggest problem... find a boulder nearby heavy enough to stop even a 20+m long beast weighting several dozens of tons... you gonna need an army just to roll the boulder, and a lot of luck to find an appropriate boulder near enough =P

You are getting a little carried away with the realism, fact is, in a fantasy world outside of some hugely powerful magic a large dragon would always win against the puny humans.  (You remind me of my father who hated Jurassic Park because it wasn't realistic enough)

So you have to assume some sort of magic is involved, which in gaming terms comes down to the trinity mechanics.

Yeah, yeah, sure sure, you can dodge and roll your brains out too, doesn't make it a better mechanic, just different

...and they call me the BitterVet.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    Originally posted by Barrikor

The bravest, most heroic way possible:

Roll a bolder over the entrance to the dragons lair, come back when it's starved to death.

Biggest problem... find a boulder nearby heavy enough to stop even a 20+m long beast weighting several dozens of tons... you gonna need an army just to roll the boulder, and a lot of luck to find an appropriate boulder near enough =P

You are getting a little carried away with the realism, fact is, in a fantasy world outside of some hugely powerful magic a large dragon would always win against the puny humans.  (You remind me of my father who hated Jurassic Park because it wasn't realistic enough)

So you have to assume some sort of magic is involved, which in gaming terms comes down to the trinity mechanics.

Yeah, yeah, sure sure, you can dodge and roll your brains out too, doesn't make it a better mechanic, just different

...and they call me the BitterVet.

Pft, you joined this forum seven months after me, whippersnapper! ;)

Ah yes the Jurassic Park realism debates. Been there, done that. Same with Dragons. I tend to agree, in any "realistic" fantasy settings Dragons would own puny humans.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• 5Luck5Luck Member UncommonPosts: 218

Classically to kill a dragon one must encumber it somehow. Either balistia chained to boulders or setting out a large pile of loot slowing it down. You can be very creative with this end of a "end game" boss type dragon like stealing its eggs(not recommended) or taming its young. It is one of those areas there are a lot of options.

The simple hack and slash method for dragon hunting is well it's always seemed to me not true to the lore and just an excuse to have a dragon but not implementing anything of its scale.

The other thing worthy of mention here is all dragons have that one scale. You know the one from legend when the brood mother changed and that titanic battle between dragons was faught leaving the new matriarch scared!

Yea exploiting a weakness be it a weakened scale or that shimmering moment just before the firebreath ignites. Thats the fun of having dragons or even other big boss end game type gameplay.

Its the choreography!

Just remember to a dragon the "tank is both crunchy and chewy

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591

Epic way of defeating dragons = Skyrim, or hell, even GW2. At least in GW2, you're not supposed to be able to take direct massive hits from a creature like 100x bigger than you and survive, you have to avoid the hits.

Poor artificial way = EQ/WoW clones, with a ridiculously small player character named "tank", which would in reality be crushed in one hit by the dragon, surviving despite all odds, while the stupid dragon hits him over and over again instead of one shooting all the other characters stabbing him in his ankles.

Don't get me wrong, I raided in trinity games, notably 8 years of WoW, and had fun. But just standing there while (e.g.) Onyxia was pounding on me (I was tank), when she could actually have swallowed me whole without breaking a sweat, always seemed cheesy to.

Did you honestly just use GW2's dragon as an example? GW2's dragon was a massive disappointment to most everyone. There was all this hype and crap about needing to kill it and save Tyria, and then when you do that... It's not even as big as it's supposed to be and you end up shooting it down and not actually engaging it in combat. It was super lame.

Smile