Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

sub-only MMO further declines (not surprising)

12346»

Comments

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by Markusrind

Mixed news for me.

I love F2P games because I get to play games for free. If others are happy to spend their money for me to play for free then I am fine with it. I do not pay for fluff and am quite happy to play as long as I am having fun.

I guess you would also love to live in some apartment for free, eat every day for free, .... Wow. Great. Just wondering where do you think money to support you (and zillion of others like you) should come?

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Originally posted by greenreen
    Originally posted by nariusseldon
    Originally posted by kitarad

Whales are the ones supporting F2P when they get wise to being fleeced which over a course of time will happen won't the main revenue of these F2P games dry up ? How long can this go on before the bubble bursts ?

Also I am wary of putting my faith in whales who seem to be in my book anyway absolute morons who spend money like that, I mean clearly if these are the people you are depending on for the future of the genre. I fear for us all.

Don't know. But certainly i can enjoy it while it lasts.

No one says you have to depend on it forever. No game is fun forever anyway, and entertainment industry moves fast. I don't care what happen in 2 years in MMOs. I may not even be playing MMOs in 2 years.

At 13976 posts, average 2 minutes each.

13976*2=27934 minutes

27934/60 minutes in an hour =
    465.56 hours just posting about it

How much time is spent researching it because you are the one looking for articles to quote?

How much time is spent reading rebuttals if post count is only gauging responses?

Oh, you care, quite a bit and lately I'm beginning to question your angle. Are you getting paid for posting?
    It's not hard to notice you when you are in every thread on the forum with the same words.

You posted 58 times on 8/23 - is that really - not caring? You know what they say, "Actions speak louder than words".
    It's hard to believe that you will stop playing MMOs with so much work put into it - you made me giggle on that one.
    Other people make guides in games and youtube vids, you are king of posting about free games and your eternal adoration for them.

That's time that you put into those games that you think are so inconsequential to you. They mean a lot because they are turning you obsessive in the thought that they might go, constantly looking for ways to affirm that they aren't going anywhere and constantly bringing up the subject.
    What is distasteful is that you snicker at the contributions to those who would prefer to pay for a game and invest their time there instead of posting about payment models forever and consider them the suckers for paying for a game and committing to it but you have your commitment just as strongly for your interest - if not more. Even in my most excited moments about a game, I've never posted 58 times in a day about it.

I don't want to be a pud but geez, every time I open this forum it's you repeating the same thing everywhere so I'm calling bull on you "not caring"  :

Great post and dead on. This guy cares and he cares much more than he's willing to admit on mmorpg.com or to himself.

Frankly, I do not understand why his behaviour gets a green light on these forums; everyone seems to see through this nonsense except for the mods. How many times can you repeat the same damn thing over and over again disrupting thread after thread and not get the boot? I've known members who were perma banned for much less. Something doesn't add up here, that's for sure.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

13976*2=27934 minutes

Oh, you care, quite a bit and lately I'm beginning to question your angle.

First, it is more like 30 sec than 2 min since i often got the warning of "you can only post every 30 sec". So it is more than 115 hours than 450. Secondly, i joined in 2007 .. so it has been 6 years. 20 hours a year on a forum is nothing. That is less than 6 min a day.

But that is not the point.

Of course i care .. i care about having fun in the forum. Otherwise, why would i spend even ONE minute? I just don't care about MMOs as much as you think. They are just games to me.

• SagasaintSagasaint Member UncommonPosts: 466
    Originally posted by nariusseldon
    Originally posted by kitarad

Whales are the ones supporting F2P when they get wise to being fleeced which over a course of time will happen won't the main revenue of these F2P games dry up ? How long can this go on before the bubble bursts ?

Also I am wary of putting my faith in whales who seem to be in my book anyway absolute morons who spend money like that, I mean clearly if these are the people you are depending on for the future of the genre. I fear for us all.

Don't know. But certainly i can enjoy it while it lasts.

No one says you have to depend on it forever. No game is fun forever anyway, and entertainment industry moves fast. I don't care what happen in 2 years in MMOs. I may not even be playing MMOs in 2 years.

13976*2=27934 minutes

How much time is spent researching it because you are the one looking for articles to quote?

How much time is spent reading rebuttals if post count is only gauging responses?

Oh, you care, quite a bit and lately I'm beginning to question your angle. Are you getting paid for posting?
    It's not hard to notice you when you are in every thread on the forum with the same words.

You posted 58 times on 8/23 - is that really - not caring? You know what they say, "Actions speak louder than words".
    It's hard to believe that you will stop playing MMOs with so much work put into it - you made me giggle on that one.
    Other people make guides in games and youtube vids, you are king of posting about free games and your eternal adoration for them.

That's time that you put into those games that you think are so inconsequential to you. They mean a lot because they are turning you obsessive in the thought that they might go, constantly looking for ways to affirm that they aren't going anywhere and constantly bringing up the subject.
    What is distasteful is that you snicker at the contributions to those who would prefer to pay for a game and invest their time there instead of posting about payment models forever and consider them the suckers for paying for a game and committing to it but you have your commitment just as strongly for your interest - if not more. Even in my most excited moments about a game, I've never posted 58 times in a day about it.

I don't want to be a pud but geez, every time I open this forum it's you repeating the same thing everywhere so I'm calling bull on you "not caring"  :

if you think about it, he has admitted many times to quitting f2p games faster than he changes his socks. he seems to be a lot more interested in talking about the business model than in playing the games on it.

he comes off as the average f2p player that bounces endlessly from f2p game to f2p game,always optimistic that this time, THIS TIME, he will find one that piques his interest enough time to finish his sandwich...oh no, not this one either...but the next, OH THE NEXT, THAT WILL BE THE ONE IM SURE....

I think your theory that he's being paid to make lip service for the model holds a few more gallons of water than I previously thought...