Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You've got to be kidding me.

xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854

This game is amazing!

That is all.

My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L

Comments

• MegilindirMegilindir Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Originally posted by DMKano

You do realize that without any substance your post could be flagged for trolling?

Just saying - maybe you want to spruce it up and add some substance, change the title and you should be golden.

This.

beLIEve

• DiemosDiemos Member Posts: 129
    all MMOs are amazing at launch. Let us know how you feel after 6 months to a year. Enjoy!

[PvX]Tempest - Check us out

• xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    There isn't much more to be said other than this game is amazing. Been playing games long enough to know what i like and what i don't. So If they want to flag this as trolling because i'm offending people whom can't understand the quality placed before or simply isn't for them but  feel then need to rag on it instead of finding something they do like, then so be it. I'll be too busy enjoying myself in this game to care anyway.

• ZigZagsZigZags Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Originally posted by r3t3

This game is amazing!

That is all.

Its OK. Its better than the previous version thats for sure. From what I can tell this game will fill a very small niche of the MMO market. 

Beasts like, TESO & EQN are going to be the first two games since GW2 to shake up the larger market. This game just wont do it. Too many people wont forgive when they took us for a ride 2 years ago.

Dragnon - Guildmaster - Albion Central Bank in Albion Online

www.albioncentralbank.enjin.com

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    Originally posted by Diemos
    all MMOs are amazing at launch. Let us know how you feel after 6 months to a year. Enjoy!

Really? Since when enjoying a game 6 months or 1 year is no good? Give me a MMO to hold me up around 1 year and I am happy!

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• AlberelAlberel Member Posts: 1,121
    Originally posted by ZigZags

This game is amazing!

That is all.

Its OK. Its better than the previous version thats for sure. From what I can tell this game will fill a very small niche of the MMO market. 

Beasts like, TESO & EQN are going to be the first two games since GW2 to shake up the larger market. This game just wont do it. Too many people wont forgive when they took us for a ride 2 years ago.

I wouldn't be so sure. TESO seems to be all talk so far... with most people who got hands-on giving overwhelmingly negative responses. EQ:N appears to basically be GW2 in a sandbox, and there are a lot of people who hate GW2's limited skill systems which EQ:N is copying so I wouldn't be too sure about that one either.

FFXIV is a very very polished traditional MMO. You're right it will probably have a niche audience, but when every game that targets the masses fails miserably I think targeting a niche market is actually the only way to be successful now.

• Elegance92Elegance92 Member Posts: 93
    Originally posted by IceAge

Really? Since when enjoying a game 6 months or 1 year is no good? Give me a MMO to hold me up around 1 year and I am happy!

what he means is, people are in their honeymoon phase now.

So everything is rose tinted.

• DiemosDiemos Member Posts: 129

Im not saying enjoying a game for 6 months to a year is bad. I was stating everyone enjoys something new and that I hope its as amazing for you after 6 months on...

[PvX]Tempest - Check us out

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    to bad server list is down crap happens but good thing i go to work here pretty soon
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by DMKano

You do realize that without any substance your post could be flagged for trolling?

Just saying - maybe you want to spruce it up and add some substance, change the title and you should be golden.

Depends how much SE pays for advertising here

• KnightblastKnightblast Member UncommonPosts: 1,787

Eh, I'm not sure it's that small a niche.  There's more than a niche market for a polished trad MMO.  I know "everyone" wants FPS style action combat now in MMOs ... except for those who don't.  Definitely it's a retro design, but I don't think that makes it niche.

I also played the first iteration and it was terrible.  This game does not resemble it, however, other than superficially, which is quite surprising to me (I did not follow along or play in the betas).  The servers are full of people right now (well, they were before maintenance ...), pretty much the same as GW2 was when that launched about a year ago.

I am waiting to see what develops for TESO and EQN.  From what I've seen so far, they look kind of meh at this stage, but of course that can always change.  I do hope they both end up being good to play when launched.  I don't think that GW2 shook up the market as much as people think it did -- lots of people left that game after the typical 4-8 weeks for most MMOs due to reasons ranging from content to the combat style.  I don't think that the B2P thing was revolutionary either -- the whole MMO market was moving towards hybrid models at the time, and it still is.  I'm not knocking GW2 -- it's a very polished and well-made MMO, but I don't see it as something that revolutionized or shook up the market dramatically.

• wirawan1234wirawan1234 Member Posts: 8

no need for 6 months, after only couple hours playing, and there goes emergency maintenance, i'd say this game sucks

• xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    Originally posted by Alberel
    Originally posted by ZigZags

This game is amazing!

That is all.

I wouldn't be so sure. TESO seems to be all talk so far... with most people who got hands-on giving overwhelmingly negative responses. EQ:N appears to basically be GW2 in a sandbox, and there are a lot of people who hate GW2's limited skill systems which EQ:N is copying so I wouldn't be too sure about that one either.

FFXIV is a very very polished traditional MMO. You're right it will probably have a niche audience, but when every game that targets the masses fails miserably I think targeting a niche market is actually the only way to be successful now.

I've no problem being in that niche and have zero problem paying a sub for a quality game. I wouldn't say it's "very very polished" though. It's more like "very very very polished".

TESO is your standard run of the mill no soul mmo, like swtor. Doesn't mean they are bad (I'll still be getting it) it's just that they are made by single player game developers and since it's their first foray into mmo's they are are made "by the book of wow" if you will to try and reduce the risk factor i imagine. I guess allot of us can just tell by researching into them what's a smoke screen and what has heart.

Sure FFXIV is traditional but that's what they have been advertising, and the honest approach has really made an impact, so tired of the snake oil salesman.

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by wirawan1234

no need for 6 months, after only couple hours playing, and there goes emergency maintenance, i'd say this game sucks

really? the duty finder crashed they are fixing that

• DeolusDeolus Member UncommonPosts: 392
    I wasn't expecting anything special. For me this is just a filler between games. I made it to lv11 arcanist so far and haven't seen anything yet that I haven't seen a million times before. It seems to run smoothly though and I haven't had any problems up to now.
  • JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880

Im not saying enjoying a game for 6 months to a year is bad. I was stating everyone enjoys something new and that I hope its as amazing for you after 6 months on...

Try firefall, then you can hate the game after playing only 20 minutes.

This discussion has been closed.