Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worst MMO experience to date

RogueTroopaRogueTroopa Member Posts: 147

Logged in. Character creation is nothing new. Then the dreaded cinematics of 'you are the hero' guff. After this the game went from bad to worse. The area is started in Old Guildania was just running from quest to quest in a heavily instanced home area.  Badly designed cities made it all  repetitive and confusing. After an hour i was dying of boredom. Even age of conan was more interesting. 

Everyone looks like clones of each other. SWTOR deja vu!!!! 

I have a high end system and wasn't amazed by the graphics even on high detail. To make matters worse the day/night cycles are so short like an hour .  And i hate playing a game in such short cycles. Nighttime just feels so bland. 

The map is dreadful so don't rely on it. The music score was plain awful. Was like being a a folk festival where you hate the singer. Like a bad version of LOTRO.

All in all ill give it 6 months before it crashes. Lucky i got my pre-order refunded. Another hype turkey bites the dust. Meh

Land of AKA Godzilla with Wifey

Comments

• AlberelAlberel Member Posts: 1,121
    Fortunately it's all your opinion and very few seem to share it. I take it you won't be posting here again now then. Good bye. :)
  • OGJacksonOGJackson Member UncommonPosts: 23

Cant wait for a million of these posts to pop up.

No one cares. You dont like the game quit and move on.

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701
    So glad to 100% disagree with you. Having a blast, I love this game.
  • AlberelAlberel Member Posts: 1,121
    Originally posted by Vutar
    The first few hours of the game are no doubt awful. If you can manage to keep from putting a screwdriver through your eye for entertainment value and instead continue on, it gets a little better.

Indeed. 1-15 is essentially the tutorial. Once you unlock class switching, airship access, leves and dungeons the game becomes a LOT more interesting. Most of that unlocks around 15 (class switching at 10).

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987
    I have to agree, after 15 years of MMOs and seeing loads of bad releases, this is the first time I didn't even receive early acces code from SE, so I can't even TRY to log in. Support is unresponsive past 2 days too. I guess the que is abnormal which tells a lot about scale of problems.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    The first few hours of the game are no doubt awful. If you can manage to keep from putting a screwdriver through your eye for entertainment value and instead continue on, it gets a little better.

Not exactly a resounding endorsement. image

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• RogueTroopaRogueTroopa Member Posts: 147
    I've never played an MMO where it's a valiant effort to find the exit to a city. Even when I asked in chat no-one could point me in the right direction. Just awful game design. 

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Originally posted by Alberel
    Fortunately it's all your opinion and very few seem to share it. I take it you won't be posting here again now then. Good bye. :)

Thank you captain obvious. Ofcourse it is his opinion..that is what this forum is for. image

As far as very 'few" share his opinion. Unless you have talked to every single FFXIV players please refrain from making absurd claims.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

Well, this game had more hype than SWTOR and GW2 put together on this board.

You either like the FF type of MMO or you don't. never been a fan but wish it well. There are no MMO savior games out there - just ones to enjoy.

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803

I have not played FF XIV AAR but that's not what I would call a glowing review.  "A little better" than wanting to put your eye out with a screwdriver still doesn't sound like a fun time to me.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by RogueTroopa

Logged in. Character creation is nothing new. Then the dreaded cinematics of 'you are the hero' guff. After this the game went from bad to worse. The area is started in Old Guildania was just running from quest to quest in a heavily instanced home area.  Badly designed cities made it all  repetitive and confusing. After an hour i was dying of boredom. Even age of conan was more interesting. 

I have a high end system and wasn't amazed by the graphics even on high detail. To make matters worse the day/night cycles are so short like an hour .  And i hate playing a game in such short cycles. Nighttime just feels so bland. 

The map is dreadful so don't rely on it. The music score was plain awful. Was like being a a folk festival where you hate the singer. Like a bad version of LOTRO.

All in all ill give it 6 months before it crashes. Lucky i got my pre-order refunded. Another hype turkey bites the dust. Meh

Well, it can't be any worse than it was the first time it was released. So there's only up for FFXIV.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

I didn't even make it out of the city. For a start there was no obvious exit and in-game chat seems to be non-existent. Secondly the thought of returning to such a horribly designed city full of floating text along with the equally dull music sent shivers down my spine.

The world felt about as immersive as a SWTOR city.  Lifeless

• SawlstoneSawlstone Member Posts: 301

You need to play more games or you are just trolling. I love people like you for making me laugh /hug :D

• joe2721joe2721 Member UncommonPosts: 171

Please log off, delete character and quit. so the rest of us can actually log onto a server

• TsuruTsuru Member UncommonPosts: 297
    You have your opinion, now heres mine. 

How did you determine the game was bad before you got past the character creation? Great way to judge a book by its cover eh?

They intruduce you to the game and the questing system by starting you out in town doing simple quests, learning basic information, how is this bad? Are you wanting to drive away new players?

What makes you the expert on how a fantasy world designs their cities? Do you live in Eorzea? Are you an arcitect?

No surprise here, game based on gear. 

No comment.

I constantly have people complaining about the map, when i have had no such problems, its simple, it points me where i need to go, and tells me where quests turn ins and quest mobs are, it tells me where fates are, what more could i ask?

Based on how dedicated the SE staff is at designing a game for us and how much time and effort they put into the game, i could see this game lasting a LOOOOOONG time.

The game will go like all of the hype turkeys. Free to play. Watch this space

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

yoshi said hell shut the game down before it goes ftp. if you dotn like the game just go away its that simple really note everyone going to like the game

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177
    Originally posted by StarI
    I have to agree, after 15 years of MMOs and seeing loads of bad releases, this is the first time I didn't even receive early acces code from SE, so I can't even TRY to log in. Support is unresponsive past 2 days too. I guess the que is abnormal which tells a lot about scale of problems.

Did you pre-order from Square Enix's store? If so, go to findmyorder.com, enter the email and last five of the credit card used to order. That'll give you a code which you enter at http://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com/, which will give you the head start code.

It is far more complicated and obscure than it should be, but hopefully that helps.

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Originally posted by Raxeon

yoshi said hell shut the game down before it goes ftp. if you dotn like the game just go away its that simple really note everyone going to like the game

No he didn't. Stop making sh*t up.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

Worst experience in an MMO is blatantly lies.. either that or you have only played amazing games I've never heard of.

I don't rate FFXIV highly and I won't be playing it because I've been playing the same game in every other MMO for years.. but it's fairly polished and works just fine if you're not tired of this kind of theme park.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • JorlJorl Member UncommonPosts: 257

I learned not to pre-order after Tera and Aion. I usually wait after a month now and then try out my self after reading many reviews.

• TorcipTorcip Member UncommonPosts: 669
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser
    Originally posted by Raxeon

No he didn't. Stop making sh*t up.

Whether he did say it or not, the game is self-funded. They don't have to go f2p, just like they didn't have to with FFXI.

• TorcipTorcip Member UncommonPosts: 669

Am so glad the fanboys are frothing at the mouth. Only people with Low IQ's can come to such conclusions that opinions equate to trolls. Lol

No, opinion that it's a bad game is fine, people who don't even make it out of the starting city and then bash the game for the "worst MMO experience to date" are trolls.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Meh I didn't think it was so bad.

I've played many MMO's I know what I'm talking about :), I said that right, Right?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Originally posted by Distopia

Meh I didn't think it was so bad.

I've played many MMO's I know what I'm talking about :), I said that right, Right?

If you enjoy running around a highly confusing instanced town for hours on end reading a barrage of meaningless text then this game is for you. And if you eventually find the exit then I hope the experience gets better. I doubt it. Meh