Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New (Old) Player...

BiggusRiggusBiggusRiggus Member UncommonPosts: 126

I played DF 1.0 for the first 8 months after release. It was the most fun and frustrating game I ever played. Tons of cheaters (our guild actually enforced a no hack policy), everyone botted to skill up, and crafted naked for hours on end. I nearly quit the game in the beginning, but finally was taken in by a clan who helped me play the game. We had a great hold near Frostmourne  (I think it was called). Tons of awesome PvP battles. We all gathered daily and contributed to the guild. It was a top competing guild for months.

Then one day, we all logged in, and we were all kicked from the guild. Our leader (a Dwarf whom I can't remember his name) literally gave everything to a rival guild and joined them.

After that, I kinda figured what was the point, with all of the botting and hacks that were going on, I finally just quit cold.

I bought the game and am downloading it now. I hope Adventurine has improved the game. I did enjoy the crafting system and the mass PvP. The FPS system was lacking and hopefully they fixed the exploits from past. Looking forward to finding out for myself.

Comments

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671
    I'm a DF1.0 vet that recently returned.  I've only been playing less than 30 days since I picked it up during the Steam Summer Sale but I've already logged over 75 hrs.  I haven't played an MMO like this since I last played DF1.0.  I'm pretty happy with most of the changes overall (ex: safe zones, roles) and unhappy with a few (ex: removal of enchanting) but definitely planning to sub.

Steam: Neph

• BiggusRiggusBiggusRiggus Member UncommonPosts: 126

Thanks, that's good to hear! Anyone have a faster download for the game? I'm at about 20kb/s average... normally I hit at least 2mb/s.

• slycritterslycritter Member Posts: 7

Hackers get banned quickly in this new version of Darkfall. So much so that if you check the banhammer out you will notice that a lot of the people who were using cheats have been banned already. 

http://www.unholybanhammer.com/BH/

Most of the people who get banned now are either violating the terms of service (ToS) by selling gold and such or are exploting bugs in the game (which hopefully get fixed).  The actual cheaters are not nearly as bad in this game as they were in the previous iteration of DF.  There is also very little reason to bot so it's much better in that regard. 

• BiggusRiggusBiggusRiggus Member UncommonPosts: 126

This is not a hate on the game, but I lasted maybe two hours and three logins. In DF 1.0 I had a house deed, uber crafting, and such. I logged in, chopped some trees, mined some stone, and then went and killed a few zombies once I found them. 

The game still feels empty. The land still seems devoid of wandering mobs, and I just feel like I'm doing over what I did for the first few MONTHS in the first round. The mechanics aren't much different, just rearranged and with a new UI that I'm having to figure out.

I can't seem to find the motivation to work my toon up... but it's that way for me in most MMOs now.

• gamekid2kgamekid2k Member Posts: 360
    My clan is full of DF1 vets.  It is either you will  love this game or hate it.  Nothing in between if you are DF1 vet!

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

The differnece between DF1 and now this is DF1 had potential. 

The mentioned wandering mobs was possible and we invested for that future now everything is static and any investement in DF:UW makes no sense since the game will never become the sandbox which host different playstyles that we all wanted.

It has very litle to no potential anymore the devs gave up to make all the features work. See alignment  for example.

DF:UW might be for certain niche deathmatch PvP#r but not for a sadnbox player seeking the features once AV promised with DF1.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• SorrowhoSorrowho Member Posts: 581
    Originally posted by slycritter

Hackers get banned quickly in this new version of Darkfall. So much so that if you check the banhammer out you will notice that a lot of the people who were using cheats have been banned already. 

http://www.unholybanhammer.com/BH/

Most of the people who get banned now are either violating the terms of service (ToS) by selling gold and such or are exploting bugs in the game (which hopefully get fixed).  The actual cheaters are not nearly as bad in this game as they were in the previous iteration of DF.  There is also very little reason to bot so it's much better in that regard. 

Tos viloation ban is also used for people who are duping, they defintly did a better job then in darkfall 1 but with the focus on korean launch, the work against cheating isen´t that great atm