Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

24 hours till implosion?

13»

Comments

• EhllfhireEhllfhire Member UncommonPosts: 633
    Originally posted by wrightstuf

Even being excited for launch, i cant help but worry about how it will go. Quite a few AAA launches go quite smoothly, but some are a disaster. It seemed like a staggered time to enter, depending on the date of your pre order would help, but not always, heh...GW2 comes to mind.

Oh well, i'll still be hitting the "play" button at 2am and hoping for the best!

You better they stated arlier this week that they were going to have server lockouts and queues

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
    PS3

• Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848
    Originally posted by Rommie10-284
    Hoping for a smooth launch, expecting the worst.  "Server is full, go away!"

That made me laugh.

I just hope they allow character creation on all the servers so friends can actually play with one another.

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    Originally posted by Shadowguy64

That made me laugh.

I just hope they allow character creation on all the servers so friends can actually play with one another.

I'm sure they will eventually.  But, this first week or so I don't see it happening.  However friends can always join their friends on the less populated servers instead of expecting all their friends to get on the over populated ones.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by NetSage
    Originally posted by Shadowguy64

That made me laugh.

I'm sure they will eventually.  But, this first week or so I don't see it happening.  However friends can always join their friends on the less populated servers instead of expecting all their friends to get on the over populated ones.

I see a lot of forum rage incoming...

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    Probably.  This is an MMORPG launch after all.
  • Syno23Syno23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,360
    Originally posted by NetSage
    Probably.  This is an MMORPG launch after all.

It's absolutely crazy, the floodgates at launch of any MMO. This game doesn't have an exceptions, it's going to be maddening just like you are saying.

• Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848

People want to play with their friends. It's a legitimate complaint.

Unlike OMG...nerf Sprint!!! lol

• MalacthMalacth Member UncommonPosts: 121
    Originally posted by evianwater
    Can't be any worse than WoW's launch.

The two shouldn't, and can't really be compared.

WoW was an unexpected success, selling millions in a short time back when MMO's didn't even sell 1 million copies. Blizzard could not have foresaw how much of a success WoW was going to be. They didn't know the servers would be overloaded. 

Whereas with games like FFXIV, GW2, SWTOR etc these are expected to sell at least 1 million as like a starting point. It's common for a AAA title to sell that many, and expected. Nowadays MMO developers have a very close estimate of how many people will be playing on day one, and should test their servers to cater to these numbers. That's what annoys me about bad launches.

On topic though; I really do think FFXIV will have a smooth launch, mainly because Square Enix do not want problems with the game this time around, having a bad launch would be one of the worst things they could do. I have faith in them after playing beta with no bug experiences, no lag and no other problems really.

• DragviperDragviper Member UncommonPosts: 100
  • LeirosLeiros Member UncommonPosts: 281
    Originally posted by Dragviper
    2 hours now until we find it out ;)

16 minutes!!!

• EpicentEpicent Member UncommonPosts: 648
    13 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cross your fingers all. did not wake up at 3:30 a.m. for a shitty launch lol.
  • evianwaterevianwater Member UncommonPosts: 308
    Originally posted by Malacth
    Originally posted by evianwater
    Can't be any worse than WoW's launch.

The two shouldn't, and can't really be compared.

WoW was an unexpected success, selling millions in a short time back when MMO's didn't even sell 1 million copies. Blizzard could not have foresaw how much of a success WoW was going to be. They didn't know the servers would be overloaded. 

Whereas with games like FFXIV, GW2, SWTOR etc these are expected to sell at least 1 million as like a starting point. It's common for a AAA title to sell that many, and expected. Nowadays MMO developers have a very close estimate of how many people will be playing on day one, and should test their servers to cater to these numbers. That's what annoys me about bad launches.

On topic though; I really do think FFXIV will have a smooth launch, mainly because Square Enix do not want problems with the game this time around, having a bad launch would be one of the worst things they could do. I have faith in them after playing beta with no bug experiences, no lag and no other problems really.

Actually..they can be compared. WoW was expecting 500k-1 million users too, because the current benchmark was about 600k at the time. It was the most unpolished game we've ever seen released and people seem to forget how horrible the launch was. 

Also..they didn't sell "millions" in a short time, WoW ramped up to its massive subs, it didnt start out with 8 mil..

Originally posted by Epicent
    13 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cross your fingers all. did not wake up at 3:30 a.m. for a shitty launch lol.

Arms crossed, be positive, I have the feeling that with lag and everything, we will be able to log in... 9 mins and counting!

Arms crossed, be positive, I have the feeling that with lag and everything, we will be able to log in... 9 mins and counting!

Im super pumped. Love this game so damned much. 8 minutes!!!!!!!!!!! Am I the only one checking my launcher every 5 seconds? lol.

its up early!!!!!!!

Im super pumped. Love this game so damned much. 8 minutes!!!!!!!!!!! Am I the only one checking my launcher every 5 seconds? lol.

Not you are not the only one lol

4mins...

• ElderknightElderknight Member UncommonPosts: 322

getting error :(

error here also.
    Wait for the worlds come up (the fire ring is still pink)
  • evianwaterevianwater Member UncommonPosts: 308
    People are friggin fast..30 seconds between last try and the one that logged me in and already a 100+ que..
  • LeirosLeiros Member UncommonPosts: 281
    I'd say this was much smoother than the last beta. I got in with no problems at 4:01am CST. :-)