Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trailer - Patch 5.4: Siege of Orgrimmar

expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=slzQOyS5TqQ

Dawn fine trailer... that mofo's going down!

Comments

• MedeirosANMedeirosAN Member Posts: 22

As I do understand WOW is still a behemoth, is this patch going to be enough to keep subscribers or will there still be a decline?   

Looking forward to: Camelot Unchained
    Playing: None
    Played: DAOC, WAR, FFXIV, WOW, Vanguard, GW, GW2, LORTO,

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    Originally posted by MedeirosAN

As I do understand WOW is still a behemoth, is this patch going to be enough to keep subscribers or will there still be a decline?   

I resbbed last week for this patch so lets see if I stick around (I dont plan too TBH untill next expac)

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    I guess this may be entertaining if one follows the lore, which i never did.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    Originally posted by PWN_FACE

A lot of people will come back for the patch and then go away again. Still, what do you want for such an old game? The number of people playing is still pretty amazing even if they only had 3 million subs.  

By the way, how has the battleground and arena pvp been since patch 5.3?

I really don't know but there have been several changes to PvP;

• All players have a base PvP resiliance of 65%
    • All gear is down scaled to ilevel 496 (I don't think it up scales)
    • There appears to be more PvP gear in the game than PvE at the moment
  • teakbois2112teakbois2112 Member UncommonPosts: 51
    Ill resub to check out Timeless Isle, which may be the future of WoW.  Non quest/daily driven content.  Lets see how well they can pull it off.
  • ExiledTyrantExiledTyrant Member UncommonPosts: 69
    nobody does trailers like WoW that's for sure. I definitely  don't feel like buying a new expac and leveling up just for that though. Looks damn fun though I wish the best for people that kept with it.

"Do not speak to me of fate!" ~ A fairy tale for the Demon Lord

• gamekid2kgamekid2k Member Posts: 360
    I am gonna resub just for this patch then unsub after 2 months.  Org under siege.  Who would miss that!

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

• ghostfaeriesghostfaeries Member UncommonPosts: 89
    Originally posted by PWN_FACE

Thanks for the reply, expresso. 

Actually, it sounds really good and I haven't heard people complaining about it. I haven't heard anything about it, really. In that case, I think no news is good news. I think it should make pvp much more accessible and cut down on grinding out new pvp gear while serving as general fodder.

If you don't want to get slaughtered in battlegrounds you still need PvP gear. Sadly, you gotta grind. Don't let base resil fool you...it only plays a small roll.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by gamekid2k
    I am gonna resub just for this patch then unsub after 2 months.  Org under siege.  Who would miss that!

now if this was a world pvp driven event I wouldn't....since it's just another cookie cutter instanced raid, I think I pass.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Once the new expansion is announced at Blizzcon later this year, I could see subs rise a good 1-2mil between then and launch for preparation.  If it really is the Dark Below, havn't players been begging Blizz for that content since BC!?  

Ah nevermind that was Emerald Dream and/or Azshara and after reading this bit o' info, could be wrong entirely of what's to come.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

the blind... and the dead.

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072
    Originally posted by rojo6934

the blind... and the dead.

I'll just check it on YouTube, cant be arsed to resub just to see this. I couldnt drag my self to grind for a ton of stuff just for one event so basically it's impossible to take part.

Interesting times though for WoW, having a whole raid and event dedicated at Orgrimmar is sooooo much better than all the Star Gåte action and pulled from thy arse made up new continents, feels a bit more back to the real Warcraft feeling :)