Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Daily Quest backlash?

So after it being revealed that FFXIV ARR will have daily quests.  I wonder if people will like it, love it, hate it or  demand a refund? 

I know I was looking forward to just exploring the world and searching for ways to find experience through other means than just coming home to do a daily quest from the local quest hub.  I know I don't have to do them but, knowing me...  I most likely will because I love gil and anything that allows me to get it faster, I will use to my advantage. 

What are you guys thoughts on FFXIV ARR having daily quests.

ps...  you can search the latest videos to hear/see the information on daily quests

http://youtu.be/ey6AUSwRqXY  added video for those asking,  1:55 it starts.

Comments

• StrayfeStrayfe Member UncommonPosts: 199

This is the first thing I've heard that is a 100% negative with no redeeming qualities.  I quit WoW almost solely because of dailies, and I'm in no hurry to see an amazing game devolve into a mindless daily fest where you feel as though you have to slog through the same content every day to keep up.

That being said, if they're not tied to anything important (i.e. faction reputation, top level gear, raid access, dungeon access, pvp, etc.) and are just to help people who like them level other jobs and classes, I can deal with it.

• xxtriadxxxxtriadxx Member UncommonPosts: 155

Dailies are great they give you goals and something to do.

• Erinak1Erinak1 Member UncommonPosts: 205

Do you have a link to the information - I'm having a hard time locating it :)

Thanks!

• WKMitchellWKMitchell Member UncommonPosts: 86
    ?  This game has always had them we just call them Leve's instead you got an allowance of 6 per day (last I checked) which you can store up to 99.  So unless they plan on doing something on top of Leve's not sure what else you would call dailies.
  • WKMitchellWKMitchell Member UncommonPosts: 86

1:55:56
    Q: What's the status of the treasure map idea? A: We are currently developing this to be a large-scale game using field areas. We'd like to implement this as soon as possible with content that has a beastmen tribe with daily quest content as well as treasure hunts. We're planning for this content to be done either solo or with a light party, so please look forward to it

Found it.  Hmm not sure will see how it goes on wether or not it even turns out like regular dailies for rep, etc.

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265

i had 1 proplem in beta; i dint know how make money:/

quest give decent money but if u run out quest u cant make any money.

just hard see how AH gonna work when every one can have all jobs...

• ShauneepeakShauneepeak Member UncommonPosts: 424
    Originally posted by Arskaaa

Just run Dungeons I had a good deal over 30k by the end of phase 3 and that was after buying the minions and a crap ton of dyes to see what they looked like.

• Erinak1Erinak1 Member UncommonPosts: 205
    Very few will have all jobs. In most games you can have everything through multiple characters anyway and it isnt a problem there. The amount of time and effort needed to level everything isnt worth it for the mass population.
  • ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    Originally posted by Shauneepeak

Just run Dungeons I had a good deal over 30k by the end of phase 3 and that was after buying the minions and a crap ton of dyes to see what they looked like.

ah okey:)

• RavenHighwindRavenHighwind Member Posts: 25

There have been daily quests in FFXIV since 2010 ... this is nothing new really ... they were called Levequests and still called that.

You get an allowance of them per day ... and if you don't use them, they stack up to 99. These levequest give a good bit of exp depending on which level leves you do.

So again, this is nothing new.. and if someone gets upset about it, then they obviously haven't played FFXIV yet.

However these "new" daily quest may just be NPCs in the city instead of the user having to go out to a crystal. So it's basically the same thing.

• ShauneepeakShauneepeak Member UncommonPosts: 424
    Originally posted by Shauneepeak

ah okey:)

Just remember to sell the coins you receive to shops. I sold a stack for 5k after realising I had so many lol.

• LeirosLeiros Member UncommonPosts: 281
    Originally posted by Soulsaint1215

So after it being revealed that FFXIV ARR will have daily quests.  I wonder if people will like it, love it, hate it or  demand a refund? 

I think that this just goes to show that you can't please everyone. People have been complaining about wanting more content etc. in the game and when the devs add daily quests users complain because they don't like dailies. lol Being a dev must be crazy stressful.

Personally, I don't mind dailies so much. As long as they are fun and rewarding then they're fine with me. That being said, I can't stand it when devs make endgame solely about dailies. I think some times they can just be an excuse not to create more elaborate content. As with most things, I think dailies are good, but in moderation. image

• SerammeSeramme Member UncommonPosts: 10
    Originally posted by Leiros

As with most things, I think dailies are good, but in moderation. image

Pretty much this. Some dailies aren't bad - I don't mind levequests at all, especially since they stack and I get to choose how to spend the allowance, so I don' feel pressured to log in every day or lose them. On the other hand, what for example Rift has done at launch (not sure how it is now), that was way too much. Tons of dailies for faction grinding that basically took over an hour each and every day.

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    They were saying they want to add daily quests for a long time.  Mainly for the people can't get off the quest train for leveling.  Oddly these seem to be the same people that find the game to be a grind because they aren't willing to get off that track...
  • DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994
    I looked for the leves that gave a decent item. I could earn ones that were XP only by grinding out 20 mob kills but some offer pretty nice gear. Keep the ones for your alt classes in mind when you review.