Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So We Are 80? - S2/Ep.2 "The Pact is Back" Complete

SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126

The Pact is Back Season 2 Episode 2 Complete

Time to bring the action back. It's been a while,and I was waiting for the story to pick back up. This chapter was fun and gave me a lot of clues. I won't spoil what I picked up on. Over all it's a good chapter and a lot of lore everywhere.

========================================================================================

Past episodes below. I shrank the post it got too large for comfort.

So We Are 80 GW2 Past Episodes Playlist

Comments

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

If you don't want your rucksack... <hint hint>

I still need to figure out how to get one. I have the perfect alt for one. 

Oderint, dum metuant.

• SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126
    Spam Aspect Arena I got 3 so far but I also did like 200+ games. I'm farming the arena for globs from rares.
    Originally posted by Silentstorm
    Spam Aspect Arena I got 3 so far but I also did like 200+ games. I'm farming the arena for globs from rares.

Ah, ok, I'll give it a go. Been spending most of the non-WvW time in Southsun Survival.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by Volkon

Ah, ok, I'll give it a go. Been spending most of the non-WvW time in Southsun Survival.

I decided to play the aspect arena mini game more not because is more fun than southsun survival but because it's only temporary. Southsun Survival will stay in the game.

@OP, mini games give tons of gold. That's why I've been doing them all month (Sanctum Sprint, now Southsun survival and teh aspect arena). :D

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

Yea people still don't get it on reddit. They actually still think COF is better lol.....Can't help some guys I guess.
    Episode 10 is up and I figured I reuse this same post for the "So We Are 80" Discussion. Rather then have 20 post of the same topic.
    Going to watch shortly... did you mention the wallet? My bank breathed a sigh of relief knowing that's coming...

Oderint, dum metuant.

Going to watch shortly... did you mention the wallet? My bank breathed a sigh of relief knowing that's coming...

Yea i did the achievement bonuses got items all over the place. I'll be glad to regain some room back in the inventory.

Gotta say this time it was alot of work doing this one lol.

But with that said it deserves that attention.

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321
    decided to take a break from the pavilion zerging, did a few attempts at the gauntlet and sucked at it. Went out to Queensdale and found roving groups of players farming champs for the new weapon skins. Best patch they ever did

I miss DAoC

Yea I love the fact the zones are more alive with people now. Some times Arena Net does the best possible things. Then they have patches that you're like huh wtf? But they been pretty solid a few in a row now hope they learned from the success.
  • KenaoshiKenaoshi Member UncommonPosts: 1,022
    Now that there is a rapier i will have to make a swashbuckler/pirate  thief =X

now: GW2 (11 80s).
    Dark Souls 2.
    future: Mount&Blade 2 BannerLord.
    "Bro, do your even fractal?"
    Recommends: Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls, Mount&Blade: Warband, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    Yea I love the fact the zones are more alive with people now. Some times Arena Net does the best possible things. Then they have patches that you're like huh wtf? But they been pretty solid a few in a row now hope they learned from the success.

They listen to the players.

So you can expect a bit of... schizophrenia.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter

They listen to the players.

So you can expect a bit of... schizophrenia.

Yea that is true but sometimes it works out for us.

Also I added all the torch bearer runs in the post. Consider it a cheat sheet if you haven't done them yet. It's a lot of free quick achievement points don't pass it up.

I had to touch on the farming lol and the new title GW2 is sporting.
    Episode 13 up. Get those achievement points this content was weaksauce on difficulty.
    According to Colin, the invasions are going to be a permanent part of the game. They'll be less frequent after this two week cycle, but they're not going away altogether.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

my thoughts on episode 13

word zerging events  = pure madness in a nice kind of way. I am impressed with the sheer numbers of people participating . A definite Monty Haul experience, made 9 gold in 2 days just farming them. My lvl 80  Necro (well build) excels in AOE'ing them so I swap between her and my elementalist to keep things interesting. Spending way too much time doing them though and feel like I am neglecting other parts of the game. Rumor has it the Mario thing is coming around again and I hated that one so maybe I will have time to lvl my mesmer or warrior

anyway got to love a game where you get major content updates ever 2 weeks

I miss DAoC

• KenaoshiKenaoshi Member UncommonPosts: 1,022
    I am kinda mad with this update. everytime i try to go the invasion i get trown in overflow >.<

now: GW2 (11 80s).
    Dark Souls 2.
    future: Mount&Blade 2 BannerLord.
    "Bro, do your even fractal?"
    Recommends: Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls, Mount&Blade: Warband, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

Originally posted by Kenaoshi
    I am kinda mad with this update. everytime i try to go the invasion i get trown in overflow >.<

As long as you're in in the first few minutes there will be an invasion in the overflow as well. At the top of the hour, see where the new one pops up and go. Overflow or not, you'll be fine.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    According to Colin, the invasions are going to be a permanent part of the game. They'll be less frequent after this two week cycle, but they're not going away altogether.

This will be a nice addition, along with the other world events in the game.  GW2 needs more permanent worldwide events like this.  I just wish most of these events required coordination and tactics, instead of having zergs beat a timer.

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    Originally posted by observer

This will be a nice addition, along with the other world events in the game.  GW2 needs more permanent worldwide events like this.  I just wish most of these events required coordination and tactics, instead of having zergs beat a timer.

Actually small groups will fare better than big zergs.

And I had more than a couple fights against Pirate captains and Molten Shamans where the boss was focusing on my warrior for large periods so had to be doing more than spamming keys.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

To be fair invasions is so aka Rift. But they work in this game. If you can get the server to not zerg mindlessly everywhere.
    Never thought I'd have a day. I actually say too much content too fast........