Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

24 hours till implosion?

Comments

• TygranirTygranir Member Posts: 741
    Standby for Conway Twitty to kill your game.

SWTOR Referral Bonus!
    Referral link
    7 day subscriber level access
    Returning players get 1 free server transfer

Leveling assistance items given to new player!

See all perks Here

• teknotazteknotaz Member UncommonPosts: 112

18 hours 16 minutes and 55 sec

sorry had to post since it is not 24 hours anymore

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230
    I wouldnt be too surprised to find my character logs in in europe.
  • KrimzinKrimzin Member UncommonPosts: 687

Sad.. grown man going to bed early just to get up in the very early hours of the morning, to play a game..seriously?

Oh Wait, shit I forgot to set my alarm for 3:30am.

Cya there.

Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station 
  • JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880

I just hope there isn't anything gamebreaking like another 3102 or something similar and that we can login.

GW2s launch was weird.   I never had any problems playing right when it came out, no lag, ran great.   100% uptime (on my server at least).     But a BUNCH of bugs surfaced that were not present in the beta.      In content people had been playing in the beta too (low level stuff).

• Rommie10-284Rommie10-284 Member UncommonPosts: 265
    Hoping for a smooth launch, expecting the worst.  "Server is full, go away!"

• GormogonGormogon Member UncommonPosts: 224

28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes, 12 seconds. That is when the world will end.

But seriously, page back to the releases of other big games on mmorpg.  You'll see people complaining about login errors and wait times and black screens and getting booted and so on.

It will be the same with FFXIV:ARR.

The big thing IMO is making sure thousands of players are not locked out of the game for most of the early access period.  Another 3102-type of scenario would IMO constitute a bad start, regardless of how many players get in and play without a problem.  As many issues as every MMO has at launch, I haven't personally seen a "I couldn't play the game the whole week/weekend" type of thing come up in large numbers (where it was actually a server-side problem) during recent launches of major titles (ie the last couple of years).

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by GeezerGamer

Originally posted by davc123

Originally posted by Syno23  Guild Wars 2 was perfect.
    not really
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Ajbi3q7rYlI 
    LMFAO!

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• ZydariZydari Member UncommonPosts: 84
    Hope it goes well for those playing. They have had alot of time to get things right since this is technically the second launch of this game.

Experience demands that man is the only animal which devours his own kind, for I can apply no milder term to the general prey of the rich on the poor.

Thomas Jefferson

• EndoRobotoEndoRoboto Member Posts: 275
    A year and a half is not a lot of time for remaking an MMO. A year and a half of pure BETA testing would be a lot of time.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Phase 4 already spread people over many levels. My guess it will be smoother then P4.
  • RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    As much as I hate to admit it. I'm going to be up at 5am EST just to get my first day of EA out of way. Can see I won't be getting anything done this weekend. image

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• jskeets916jskeets916 Member Posts: 154
    Originally posted by Syno23

All the servers will crash, just like in every other MMO launch.

JK JK

Aion's was perfect, SW:TOR had a perfect, but straggered stupid launch, Guild Wars 2 was perfect.

Can I have what your smoking?

GW2 bugs for days however i'd give it a C+ launch.

SWTOR??? You must be a fan or hate SE because that was hands down the worst launch I was apart of.

Log in queue times of 2hrs plus for MULTIPLE DAYS.  changing worlds/zones took ridiculously long.

However it was very popular, like FF will be so perhaps

• wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659
    It's a 2am start for me...I guess i should wait to make sure i'm in and stable before i start the red bull and hot pockets?
  • archangelptxarchangelptx Member Posts: 91
    Originally posted by wrightstuf
    It's a 2am start for me...I guess i should wait to make sure i'm in and stable before i start the red bull and hot pockets?

Yeah, good idea. 2am here too. Better to hold off on the red bull and hot pockets til after you're in and stable. BUT, who said there's anything wrong with a brew or three before to celebrate? =P

• Syno23Syno23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,360
    Originally posted by archangelptx

Yeah, good idea. 2am here too. Better to hold off on the red bull and hot pockets til after you're in and stable. BUT, who said there's anything wrong with a brew or three before to celebrate? =P

So I guess that it's really happening.

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193

All the servers will crash, just like in every other MMO launch.

JK JK

Aion's was perfect, SW:TOR had a perfect, but straggered stupid launch, Guild Wars 2 was perfect.

SWTOR's launch wasn't perfect. The guild I was in at the time I had like 90 people in teamspeak and for the first 2 hours only about 10 were able to get onto the server, and not because it was full.

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193
    Originally posted by Anthur

Technically I expect a smooth launch.

But I also expect that a lot of people will be disappointed because their preferred server will be full. I wished SE would announce free server transfers for the first two weeks or so. That would kill most of the tension. At least for me.

Wait, the open beta wasn't everybody? I thought everyone even remotely interested got into the OB

• camxjaycamxjay Member Posts: 8
    There's always gonna be people who said "Well I'd rather wait til launch/EA", people who couldn't make the OB because of work/school/life in general, and not to mention the game has fucking caught fire man. More and more people every day I see excited about it. the OB was crowded as fuck on midgard, which is cool. I like my server crowded.
  • LeirosLeiros Member UncommonPosts: 281
    Originally posted by archangelptx

Pre-gaming! That's what I'm talkin' about!!!

Here's to launch! image

• NeutorNeutor Member Posts: 101
    my only concern is they may have underestimated themselves.  I don't think they really expected as many players / pre orders as they have gotten so they are scrambling to adjust 

Join us dtguilds.com
  • HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030
    Originally posted by davc123
     Guild Wars 2 was perfect.

not really

I was there, tell me what went wrong with Guild Wars 2?

I thought it was an extremely smooth launch.  The main issue that plagued the game for a while was the trading post.  They had to significantly upgrade their servers for the TP database before they could open it up to everyone simultaneously.  But man, the first day it came up for good is an MMO memory I'll always carry with me.  I must have crafted for 14 hours straight.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by Neutor
    my only concern is they may have underestimated themselves.  I don't think they really expected as many players / pre orders as they have gotten so they are scrambling to adjust 

It's a bitch at launch for sure, but it's a temporary problem and far better than the alternative.

• evianwaterevianwater Member UncommonPosts: 308
    Wanted to throw out a reminder on this thread : There is a patch, it's not huge (mine is finishing up and its only taken about 30 minutes) but it could still delay ya from getting on.
  • RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by NetSage
    The only thing I'm sad about is I have to work Saturday night :(.  Hopefully I'll be able to duck out early.  I'll leave something for first shift for once.

i have to work tommorrow a bit