Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What went wrong?

124»

Comments

• KuldebarKuldebar Member UncommonPosts: 67
    Originally posted by shadow9d9
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Then just about every mmo on the planet is instanced with your terminology.

Only the cookie cutter garbage we get nowadays... Asheron's call, from 1999, had a full open world 100x the size of any of the current games, without any need for zoning to explore it.

Finally! Someone who gets it! Thanks, Shadow9d9!

For freakin sakes, is an MMO open world concept so hard to understand? DAoC, AC and yes even WoW were open. But then came a slew of MMO's that subdivided their zones with zone walls and portals. No more climbing a mountain to find a hidden pass into the next territory, etc.

Hell, I am playing Tera Online right now, as far as I can tell so far, it's also open world design; but Warhammer was decidedly not.

Those who tread with ill intent
    Beneath our sacred firmament,
    Whether of Hammer or of Tree,
    Albion's might shall strike at thee!

• Univers0Univers0 Member UncommonPosts: 30
    I loved open world pvp when it happened, but incentives are there to pve either in dugeons for better gear or the city siege itself has a pve public quest.  The endgame just was not thought out as well as it should have been.   The focus should be on a dynamic war map, which is ever changing as two sides gain and consede territory, and the design of how that happens is actually what makes or breaks this kind of game.