Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Firefall: Arsenal Battleframe Launching Next Week

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 17,632MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

During Gamescom, Red 5 announced that the Arsenal battleframe will be entering into the Firefall fray beginning next week. The team has released a terrific description of the Arsenal, a battleframe to be reckoned with.

Arsenal is a new Omnidyne Battleframe, based off the established Dreadnaught platform, but augmented with serious firepower and missile launchers, making it a potent offensive package! Next week, during Omnicon, players can test drive the frame for free and earn 50% additional XP while doing so. All XP is preserved should the pilot wish to purchase the frame at the end of the test drive.

The team had a lot more to say about how Beta Phase 2 will play out and we'll have an exclusive preview early next week so stay tuned!

Associate Editor:
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Managing Editor Berea, OHPosts: 2,586MMORPG.COM Staff Rare
    I'm actually very excited for this one... Dreadnaught frame rules. Add the missile launcher to it, and I'm set.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• TyserieTyserie KosicePosts: 111Member Uncommon
    I like Dragonfly and Recluse, they looks great with load of CPU. :)
  • KaosLegionKaosLegion BrisPosts: 64Member
    Might have to progress my accord frames for pilot tokens
  • DarkVagabondDarkVagabond Posts: 287Member Uncommon

Spoilers for the Spoiler God!

Basically Arsenal wants to be able to attack all targets all the time.

Its primary weapon is essentially an assault rifle after a trip to the gym.

It has a large magazine and is relatively accurate but with nowhere near as much raw power as the other Dreadnaughts HMG's. Its alt fire can pierce all sorts of energy barriers though, at a much lower fire rate.

Two of its abilities actually grant you a temporary secondary weapon.

The first is a temporary automatic shotgun for turning anything in your immediate vicinity into swiss cheese. You shoot six or eight shots and it immediately disappears.

The second is basically a three shot railgun that has modest splash radius and is pinpoint accurate. As with the above, it vanishes when expended.

Rocket Jump, the third ability, shoots you directly up and does splash damage at your feet.

Its "HKM" is where those rockets come in and you basically shoot a dozen or so little rockets from your shoulder directly at your reticule making anything in their way into giblets.

Also its passive ability causes a small area of damage around you whenever you use any ability, so it basically amplifies the damage of Rocket Jump or allows you to run up into somethings face and cause damage simply by equipping either temporary weapon.

You can test it right now in the advanced test server, and as stated above, you can just wait until its on the normal beta servers.

• SiphaedSiphaed Everywhere!Posts: 903Member Uncommon
    Anyone know that with this being a Phase 1 ending, whether or not they're doing a server reset of XP and things? I was told in-game that they'd be doing that at the end of the Open Beta, and I took that to mean the end of Phase 1.
    Edit: Also, what's up with their Starter Pack discounts.  It says "25% starter packs", but only the expensive $100 one is discounted to $75, where as the $20 one is still $20.  What gives?

• orbitxoorbitxo fort lauderdale, FLPosts: 1,472Member Uncommon

Phobos posted in FF forums a week ago that Pax would be all about stability issuesand performace and 2 weeks after pax mid august, we will see the big patch...(perhaps the one going into Phase 2?)

you can see the post in the dev log forums.

was a nice surprise to see this new frame release!