Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The one thing in FFXI that I wish I had in FFXIV: ARR

Syno23Syno23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,360
It's the music. FFXI's music made me just wanna log on to the game and listen to the music all day. From Jeuno to White Gate, the music was always emotional top notch and well thought out. In this game, FFXIV: ARR. I feel like the music is lacking, not to any fault of the developer, they probably weren't as focused on music, but every little bit makes the game that much more enjoyable. That much more of a classic. I was FFXIV: ARR was that classic that I could be talking about when Final Fantasy XIX: Stars of Trivita comes out in 10 yrs from now.

Comments

• Elegance92Elegance92 Member Posts: 93
    Speaking of classics, Eyes on Me will always hold a special place in my heart.
  • Syno23Syno23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,360
    My eyes just teared up. Oh how Final Fantasy has changed. I want that classic music back. It's one of the pillars that made the franchise awesome.
  • RewhymoRewhymo Member Posts: 53
    Id say the one thing i wish i could get from FF11 is my Red mage..... i love red mages.
  • paulrgodpaulrgod Member UncommonPosts: 240

Dont get me wrong - the music in FFXI was amazing... but hours sat in Jeuno or gadding around Windurst etc... just no - i dont ever want to hear those tracks again.....

I actually really love the music they have for FFXIV - even in the City's as the arrangement changes between day and night, it never feels old.

As for the emotion of a track as mentioned above with 'Eyes on Me' the main theme for FFXIV 'Answers' is pretty emotional if you listen to the words and had some insite into the storyline of version 1.0.  Can't help but feel a little sad when i listen to it now.

Anyway - tomorrow can't come soon enough!!

I agree with paul. The music in 14 is just wonderful. My guild and i spent an entire night cycle, which i know is not long, just sitting and chatting in the tavern in Ul'dah city, listening to the night time track. It was so relaxing. but day came around and it was like Wake up adventurers, theirs exploration to be done. The music is perfectly set IMO to boost your moods with the time of day.
  • hotdove911hotdove911 Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Yeah! Bring back FFX Intro song!

• Seraph.215Seraph.215 Member Posts: 12
    I don't know the battle themes in FFXI were good as well as some cities...but I really enjoyed the battle theme in this one and especially the Ul'dah theme AND really enjoyed even more that they subtly played Garnets theme from FF9 in ul'dah. Nice touches.
  • gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861
    i actually randomly whistle the san d'oria theme from time to time. note that i stopped playing ffxi by 2005, LOL. 

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)

• deathdealerkrosdeathdealerkros Member Posts: 1
    For me, the introduction theme/song for FFXI is one I will always carry in my heart; one of the most moving songs I have ever heard and listening to it while watching the opening movie can't help but get a little emotional.  But I am loving the music for FFXIV:ARR as well, haven't heard all the tracks yet so don't really have a favorite yet.  Now for the one thing I am absolutely missing in FFXIV:ARR....Red Mage.
    Originally posted by deathdealerkros
    For me, the introduction theme/song for FFXI is one I will always carry in my heart; one of the most moving songs I have ever heard and listening to it while watching the opening movie can't help but get a little emotional.  But I am loving the music for FFXIV:ARR as well, haven't heard all the tracks yet so don't really have a favorite yet.  Now for the one thing I am absolutely missing in FFXIV:ARR....Red Mage.

If red mages are re-introduced ill be extremely happy. 

• StrayfeStrayfe Member UncommonPosts: 199

FFXI will probably never be topped in terms of music in an MMO, but FFXIV is leaps and bounds ahead of other games.  Most MMOs don't even have music in most zones or, if they do, it's some 30 second loop that you barely hear.

Answers, the FFXIV main theme is every bit as good as others in the series, as someone posted earlier and thus far I'm really quite impressed with the OST, though they should definitely use some of Uematsu's work from 1.0 at some point.

• My favorite music from all Final fantasies is at 2 min in this video. Couldn't find an isolated video with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRgp0dcuraE

• AlberelAlberel Member Posts: 1,121

I actually love ARR's soundtrack for the most part.

It also seems Soken has slipped melodies and other recognisable elements of older FF tracks into his work. One of the battle themes beyond the initial starting regions is clearly imitating FFXI's 'Battle in the Dungeon'. When I heard that i did a double take at first because not only is it pure nostalgia, it's also a really really great track!

There are several others scattered around. Keep a lookout for them! :)

EDIT: With regards to Nobuo's work on 1.0, whilst a lot of it has been replaced with Soken's new stuff there are still a fair few tracks in game. Two of the boss battle themes are still in from what I can tell and some of the old 1.0 dungeons that still exist in ARR still have the same music too. :)

• SgtPepperUKSgtPepperUK Member UncommonPosts: 30

I say give it time. FFXI has a lot of nostalgia to it and takes us back, in years to come you'll probably find yourself the same way about FFXIV's music ;)

Think about it, nobody wants to die, there's rules to this game son, I'm justified.

• spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

• VoqarVoqar Member UncommonPosts: 510

The one thing in FFXI that I wish I had in FFXIV: ARR...

Some degree of challenge, more grouping, a leveling curve that doesn't take mere days?  Err.  Oh.  Music.

The music in FFXIV is fine but I still had to disable it about half way thru OB or go insane.  It's like, dude, I'm wtf-pwning a squirrel - the dramatic music is a bit much don't ya think?  Shouldn't the theme song for PETA be playing...doh.  That and the repetition.

I usually get tired of music in any game quickly since it's so repetitive and often just annoying, no matter how well done it is.  In many games I just turn the music off first thing.

I get that they want to set the mood and stuff like that but I guess I just like things it little more quiet.

Premium MMORPGs do not feature built-in cheating via cash for gold pay 2 win. PLAY to win or don't play.

• striderbobstriderbob Member UncommonPosts: 174
    Music has never mattered to me in MMOs. Sure it's great, but after the 20th time of hearing the same track...it's gotta go off.
  • StrayfeStrayfe Member UncommonPosts: 199
    Originally posted by jonesing22

My favorite music from all Final fantasies is at 2 min in this video. Couldn't find an isolated video with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRgp0dcuraE

That is actually as old school as it gets.  It is one of the main recurring series themes.

The original from 1987: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9J91NDX_HI

From FFXII almost 20 years later: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dpl7P9-B1Ho