Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For anyone who care about the lore of the game * MUST READ*

a novel-like storytelling article covered all of the lore of FFXIV 1.0 which I found fascinating to read :

http://gamerescape.com/2013/08/21/the-rise-and-fall-of-the-white-raven/

Once you are done reading it , it will be good for you to re-visit the end of an era trailer for the ending part:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39j5v8jlndM

now you are truly ready for a Realm Reborn :D

Comments

• SgtPepperUKSgtPepperUK Member UncommonPosts: 30
    Damn, that was awesome, thanks for posting it up :)

Think about it, nobody wants to die, there's rules to this game son, I'm justified.

• vtravivtravi Member UncommonPosts: 398
    Ok I am new here. So this story is for 1.0 and how is that relavent to 2.0. Is it the same world or is it a totally new world, such as FF7/8
  • TorcipTorcip Member UncommonPosts: 669
    Originally posted by vtravi
    Ok I am new here. So this story is for 1.0 and how is that relavent to 2.0. Is it the same world or is it a totally new world, such as FF7/8

Same world, 5 years later.

• fistormfistorm Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Lore is always an important part of a good game, thanks for posting this stuff, takes forever to sort through stuff.
  • TjedTjed Member Posts: 162
    Wow, thanks for posting this.  I never played 1.0 and this was a great lore primer.  Now I'm even more excited.
  • cranthugcranthug Member UncommonPosts: 102
    Something to look at while I wait for release!  Thanks for the info.
  • ZenIrishChaiZenIrishChai Member UncommonPosts: 527
    Awesome, thank you!
  • vindirvindir Member UncommonPosts: 68

Great read. Thanks.

One question though that I have been wondering about is what happened to Bahamut? Who defeated him, where did he go, is he still around? If he was not able to be defeated as the story and video show, then would he not just fly around toasting all of Eorzea?

Anyone have any ideas or links? Is there any connection with the Labyrinth of Bahamut?

• slicknslim88slicknslim88 Member Posts: 394
    Wow that's a lot of reading.  I'm going to have to split this into chunks, lol.
  • ZenTaoYingYangZenTaoYingYang Member Posts: 354
    Originally posted by vindir

Great read. Thanks.

One question though that I have been wondering about is what happened to Bahamut? Who defeated him, where did he go, is he still around? If he was not able to be defeated as the story and video show, then would he not just fly around toasting all of Eorzea?

Anyone have any ideas or links? Is there any connection with the Labyrinth of Bahamut?

this is where ARR comes in, we get to see what happened afterward (after the calamity). I already know more stuff since I played the open beta but I will leave you to read them in game :P

Anyways I am pretty sure the Labyrinth of Bahamut is linked to the story.

• yellowozyellowoz Member Posts: 16
    Originally posted by vindir

Great read. Thanks.

He is te last boss of the Labyrinth.  As to why he is not flying around toasting the world, its kind if like, why do mobs do nothing while I kill their friends 20 feet away from them.

• GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894
    It's a good read. Thanks.
  • xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    Thanks OP.
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • derek39derek39 Member UncommonPosts: 265
    Awesome post OP, Really appreciate it!

Monster Hunter since '04!
    Currently playing: MHW & MHGU

• Wow, very nice read. I am glad I was able to experience it in 1.0. I kept remembering it battle by battle all the way up until fighting the white raven on the floating islands.
  • gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861
    Completely and utterly blown away by the 2.0 opening cutscene. Sends shivers down my spine... nothing comes close to ff lore. .

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)

• ZenTaoYingYangZenTaoYingYang Member Posts: 354
    Originally posted by gessekai332
    Completely and utterly blown away by the 2.0 opening cutscene. Sends shivers down my spine... nothing comes close to ff lore. .

thanks all for reading XD , I actually had that feeling by watching the end of Era scene after reading this :D

• bluevampyrebluevampyre Member Posts: 23
    Epic read, thanks for posting that. Kudos to everybody who contributed to it, much appreciated!