Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In the end, there's still more trouble *tears up*

2»

Comments

• AngelxxAngelxx Member Posts: 81

The management site is also needed because you need your SE id to log into the game.

But I totally agree, there' just too many sites, why can't they have 1 site with 1 account... and, even better, with one code... Eh, maybe in the next game lol

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/forum.php go her and sign in and see if your character is there
  • AngelxxAngelxx Member Posts: 81
    Originally posted by Raxeon
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/forum.php go her and sign in and see if your character is there

Oh they both are actually, it asks me to select the main one. Looks like it hasn't been deleted after all, thanks for that.

• JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880

In the past, players logged in to one site and managed their account through a single profile.

Square Enix saw this and decided it was time to reverse that trend.     For a long time, players have demanded that they not be coddled by easy mode account management systems. 

Gone are the days where you knew exactly where you stood with your account at a glance.  The Square Enix vision is that players should visit a minimum of 5 unrelated sites in order to handle their account affairs.   When you changed your email address on site 4, did it update it on the others too?  Were your characters deleted and replaced with chocobos?  Are you even entering your credit card info on a square enix site and not a misleading one that's going to post your personal info on reddit?  THAT'S PART OF THE ADVENTURE!  GOOD LUCK!

• GormogonGormogon Member UncommonPosts: 224

All of my characters from Phase 4 are showing up on the new ffxiv forum.

However, when I fired up the client, I clicked through the agreements and it did not ask me to select which character I wanted to give the preorder items to.  I'm still not even confident the preorder/EA codes have gone through.   I haven't received any contact from SE this week.  image

PC version.

Originally posted by Gormogon

However, when I fired up the client, I clicked through the agreements and it did not ask me to select which character I wanted to give the preorder items to.  I'm still not even confident the preorder/EA codes have gone through.   I haven't received any contact from SE this week.  image

PC version.

THE PRE ORDER ITEMS are ACCOUNT BASED not character base 

• GreteldaGretelda Member UncommonPosts: 359

PC version.

if you entered your pe-order code and it accepted it with tnx messages and stuff you should be fine.it also states that bonus items will be received via game system or something so i think you can just login with your main and get it while you are in game.at least that is the normal way (the correct way is for it to be account bound for all characters though imo)

my top MMOs: UO,DAOC,WoW,GW2

most of my posts are just my opinions they are not facts,it is the same for you too.

Originally posted by Gretelda

PC version.

if you entered your pe-order code and it accepted it with tnx messages and stuff you should be fine.it also states that bonus items will be received via game system or something so i think you can just login with your main and get it while you are in game.at least that is the normal way (the correct way is for it to be account bound for all characters though imo)

and thats what it is

THE PRE ORDER ITEMS are ACCOUNT BASED not character base 

y that's how it should be otherwise its weird @-)

most of my posts are just my opinions they are not facts,it is the same for you too.

• AvarixAvarix Member RarePosts: 665
    Originally posted by Justsomenoob

In the past, players logged in to one site and managed their account through a single profile.

Square Enix saw this and decided it was time to reverse that trend.     For a long time, players have demanded that they not be coddled by easy mode account management systems. 

Gone are the days where you knew exactly where you stood with your account at a glance.  The Square Enix vision is that players should visit a minimum of 5 unrelated sites in order to handle their account affairs.   When you changed your email address on site 4, did it update it on the others too?  Were your characters deleted and replaced with chocobos?  Are you even entering your credit card info on a square enix site and not a misleading one that's going to post your personal info on reddit?  THAT'S PART OF THE ADVENTURE!  GOOD LUCK!

Just wanted to say this made me lol. Especially since the voice I read it in was the guy that does the dramatic moviephone commercials. Thanks!

Originally posted by Gretelda

PC version.

and thats what it is

cool we quoted each other to agree at the same time it seems

• ShaikeShaike Member UncommonPosts: 301

PC version.

can you please post a link for "the new ffxiv forum"?

Just my 2 cents...

• GormogonGormogon Member UncommonPosts: 224
    Originally posted by Shaike

PC version.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/forum.php

• ShaikeShaike Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Originally posted by Shaike

PC version.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/forum.php

thanks

Just my 2 cents...

• twruletwrule Member Posts: 1,251
    I logged onto the lodestone yesterday and it said I had no characters, or there'd be an error. Today, at least on that forum, they are there. Interesting.
  • HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030
    Originally posted by Angelxx
    Homitu, Did you 'upgrade' the client, and had to sign all those agreements etc.? It took place right after getting all my codes to work and starting the client, in my case.

No, I hadn't done that.  I just did now, however, and was still never prompted to choose a character.  I'm at least confident my account is ready to go for early access now, which is what I was doubting before.  I'm expecting to see my character(s) when I log in, and then perhaps have to choose then, but if I have to make a new character, so be it. 

• Syno23Syno23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,360
    Originally posted by Angelxx

Everything seemed to be going so well. Finally, had all the accounts. The entered pre order code worked. I got another another code for my preorder code and, God, it worked too! My account finally showed that the ARR is registered! And as PS3 version, not the PC! A miracle, I thought, oblivious to what awaits me.

As I was ticking all the agreements, after entering the code that I got thanks to the first code, I had the opportunity to import my beta phase 4 character. There was only one problem. I've made two characters, because I was experimenting a little, and then only picked on of them to play with, and made quite a lot of progress. But... but only one of them, the level one experiment character shows up as my option. And my beautiful Miqo'te that made so much progress doesn't seem to be available.

I'm devastated............ Will try to contact SE but I'm not sure if it can be fixed. Any of you had the same problem?

After jumping thru hoops I finally got into the early access and will be starting it in a few hours.