Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What kind of rvr endgame will this have

Univers0Univers0 Member UncommonPosts: 30
How would you define an endgame objective for an rvr game which is meaningful and at the same time not catastrophic to the losing side?   How can we encourage players to defend to the last man at the same time?  We can look at Warhammer online as an example, which had a reasonably good zone -control progression system.  Then at the final stage - the city siege - it all kind of fell apart as it became a pve encounter, that was a pretty disappointing realization that players would rather farm for gold bag drops and avoid contested instances. 

Comments

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    RvR isn't the end game in CU; it's the only game. There was a whole Foundational Principle about that. I think the larger RvR goals will be a war for territory and resources with Veil stabilizers that tame the Veil storms and transform the world to look like your realm also being important (similar to relics).

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351
    Originally posted by Univers0
    How would you define an endgame objective for an rvr game which is meaningful and at the same time not catastrophic to the losing side?   How can we encourage players to defend to the last man at the same time?  We can look at Warhammer online as an example, which had a reasonably good zone -control progression system.  Then at the final stage - the city siege - it all kind of fell apart as it became a pve encounter, that was a pretty disappointing realization that players would rather farm for gold bag drops and avoid contested instances. 

It HAS to be player driven, that is why DAOC was so amazing, the players made it that way. This is one major reason why GW2s copycat wvwvw was such a mess and did not work as well as DAOCs RvR.

This is why CU is in for a hiding as soon as the mmo hoppers get their hands on it. Its a style of gaming that seems to have vanished in recent years, I hope CU attracts gamers who are willing to embrace the gaming ethos required for it to be successful, in the end it is the players who will make or break CU and thats quite a risk for this game.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)