Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In the end, there's still more trouble *tears up*

AngelxxAngelxx Member Posts: 81

Everything seemed to be going so well. Finally, had all the accounts. The entered pre order code worked. I got another another code for my preorder code and, God, it worked too! My account finally showed that the ARR is registered! And as PS3 version, not the PC! A miracle, I thought, oblivious to what awaits me.

As I was ticking all the agreements, after entering the code that I got thanks to the first code, I had the opportunity to import my beta phase 4 character. There was only one problem. I've made two characters, because I was experimenting a little, and then only picked on of them to play with, and made quite a lot of progress. But... but only one of them, the level one experiment character shows up as my option. And my beautiful Miqo'te that made so much progress doesn't seem to be available.

I'm devastated............ Will try to contact SE but I'm not sure if it can be fixed. Any of you had the same problem?

Comments

• Froggie85Froggie85 Member UncommonPosts: 221
    That sux. I would be pissed.
  • TorcipTorcip Member UncommonPosts: 669
    It never even asked me to import a character, but maybe that's because I only made one.  That's kind of a bummer dude.
  • vidiotkingvidiotking Member Posts: 587
    I don't know much about the ps3, but I know for the pc version there are 2 subscription options. One is cheaper and offers 1 character, the other is a couple bucks more, but you can have multiple characters.
  • FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

I know that's annoying. But in the grand scheme of things, the progress you made with that character is just a drop in the bucket. Its not that bad to start over.

• AngelxxAngelxx Member Posts: 81
    Originally posted by vidiotking
    I don't know much about the ps3, but I know for the pc version there are 2 subscription options. One is cheaper and offers 1 character, the other is a couple bucks more, but you can have multiple characters.

I only want 1 character but it just won't let me pick the one I prefer.

Originally posted by Torcip
    It never even asked me to import a character, but maybe that's because I only made one.  That's kind of a bummer dude.

Really? I had the option to choose either my old character, and to apply the pre-order gifts to that character, or to apply it to the totally new one. Maybe cause I'm on PS3 or something

Originally posted by Foomerang

I know that's annoying. But in the grand scheme of things, the progress you made with that character is just a drop in the bucket. Its not that bad to start over.

Yeah, that's true but going through the intro for the 3rd time...... I'm not sure if I'll be able to handle it haha

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Ya I only made 1 char and never got an import question. Glad I didnt mess around. 
  • JoekraJoekra Member Posts: 182
    Just a guess, picked the wrong server to import from? Or does it say level 1 character because you logged out with a level 1 class equipped (includes crafting).
  • deathangelldeathangell Member CommonPosts: 85
    I made like 7 on 7 different servers and they didn't ask me at all
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    Ya I only made 1 char and never got an import question. Glad I didnt mess around. 

How cruel T.T But did it not ask you whether you want your pre-order gifts applied to the new character, or to your beta-character?

Originally posted by Joekra
    Just a guess, picked the wrong server to import from? Or does it say level 1 character because you logged out with a level 1 class equipped (includes crafting).

I had no option to choose the sever I want my character to be imported from. It just stated my old character's name, that's all. And I had a choice, whether I want the items to be applied to her, or whether want to make a new one and apply the pre-order stuff to the new one. And it was a level 1 character just because I didn't level it up, and made another character after that.

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030
    Hmm, I was finally able to get my 2nd code and fully register my account, but I never encountered an option to import my beta character.  I also had 2 characters created during phase 4.  I wonder what I'm missing.
    Originally posted by deathangell

Why is it always me.............

But how are you going to choose which one of them should get the pre-order items now?

• JoekraJoekra Member Posts: 182
    Best way would probably be contacting support.
    Homitu, Did you 'upgrade' the client, and had to sign all those agreements etc.? It took place right after getting all my codes to work and starting the client, in my case.

Yeah, I'm going to. If they don't reply til the 24th I'll just make a new character and say bye to my old one..

• AvarixAvarix Member RarePosts: 665
    Originally posted by Angelxx

But how are you going to choose which one of them should get the pre-order items now?

Do you have Legacy status? It may have been asking which of your older characters you wanted to import from 1.0 to ARR. I haven't seen anyone else mention the need to choose characters.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

When i played 2 beta ago,i made a new player and my old one was gone,so are you sure you can save two players in Beta?

Personally i was shocked when i made a second player to see my old one was gone but it didn't bother me much figuring would all be wiped anyhow.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Originally posted by Avarix

Do you have Legacy status? It may have been asking which of your older characters you wanted to import from 1.0 to ARR. I haven't seen anyone else mention the need to choose characters.

Nope, no legacy status. It just asked me If I want my beta phase 4 character to get the early-access items etc, or if I want a new one to get them.

Originally posted by Wizardry

When i played 2 beta ago,i made a new player and my old one was gone,so are you sure you can save two players in Beta?

Personally i was shocked when i made a second player to see my old one was gone but it didn't bother me much figuring would all be wiped anyhow.

Oh maybe they've deleted it then. Still, a bit unfair, they shouldn't have deleted the latest one, which had way more progress.

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

where is it asking for character stuff i just get please wait for early access to begin

the pre order items go to every character on the account its account based

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

Yeah, I'm going to. If they don't reply til the 24th I'll just make a new character and say bye to my old one..

your character will be on the server still or it should be there no way to know atm cause we cant access the game

• vtravivtravi Member UncommonPosts: 398

I did the same thing. I leveled one char. And just started another or fun. I hope they let me play he character I level. But if I have to start over it isn't the end of the world. Although going through that into again would be painful

As a secondary question, where can we go to confirm that our account is indeed registered and ready to go?
    Originally posted by Raxeon

your character will be on the server still or it should be there no way to know atm cause we cant access the game

Yeah I won't really know til the 24 but I meant that If SE doesn't sort it out, I'll simply pick the option that adds the early access stuff to the new character. And if my old one is still there, I'll just choose it later.

Originally posted by Raxeon

where is it asking for character stuff i just get please wait for early access to begin

the pre order items go to every character on the account its account based

When I tried to access the client, it started upgrading, I had to sign some agreements etc, that's when it asked me. But I've a PS3 version maybe that's why.

Originally posted by Homitu
    As a secondary question, where can we go to confirm that our account is indeed registered and ready to go?

Here I guess

http://eu.square-enix.com/

or http://na.square-enix.com/

If you go to my profile it should say registered games

Originally posted by Homitu

Here I guess

http://eu.square-enix.com/

or http://na.square-enix.com/

If you go to my profile it should say registered games

Thanks.  Any time I did a search, I only got this site, which showed my old FFXI account and even my old 2010 FFXIV beta account.  Why would they have 2 separate Square-Enix account pages?  Why have they always been so goddamn convoluted?