Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Patience is a virtue.

fistormfistorm Member UncommonPosts: 868

You know, I always used to hear this from my parents.  To just wait, be patient.  When I would go to the store with my parents, again it was wait till we are ready.   When the PS3 came out, not enough were available and we were told, be patient.

Well I got to say, Final Fantasy fans are anything but patient,  the Early Access is on 8/24,  we are only at 8/21 and already people are so worried over things FFXIV teams already know about and are fixing.   The error code 3, was addressed on the support website, but people dint even read it, the went straight to the forums and the store website and hammered comments away saying help me it doesn't work spam.   We still got 3 days before early release.

Trust me no one is playing the game right now, and no one will be until the 24th, so have some patience, and let them sort the codes out, and they already addressed the first code and fixed the problem, just wait until the 23rd late evening to start to panic.  Give them time to fix any problems.  I know its amazing for us to understand fixing and investigating bugs take time but they do.

These guys fixed our game and made it 100x better because we wanted them to.  They went out of their way to make us happy with FFXIV, so I see no reason they wouldn't make us happy with our codes and accounts. After all its the primary source for us to thank them for all the work they did to make FFXIV come true.

Comments

• ChocobroChocobro Member Posts: 64

Indeed, I tried to redeem my code yesterday but kept getting error 3, after a couple more tries I stoped. Some people tried 100+ times (yikes...). Woke up today entered my code and it worked.

Spamming the webpage to get your codes ain't going to make early access start any sooner, but it seems like they work things out by now.

• Elegance92Elegance92 Member Posts: 93

Can you honestly blame anyone?

Keep in mind this is a relaunch, I think people have fair reason to be concerned.

What they(square) does now, is definitely going to affect how many undecided people pick up the game.

• Grimlock426Grimlock426 Member Posts: 159
    Originally posted by Elegance92

Can you honestly blame anyone?

Keep in mind this is a relaunch, I think people have fair reason to be concerned.

What they(square) does now, is definitely going to affect how many undecided people pick up the game.

Yes, yes I can blame them.  The head start is not until the 24th.  If they are not able to play on the 24th then by God, scream to the heavens with your frustration and curse SE.  Right now, you're not missing anything so just chill out!

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Well, I registered my pre-order code a month ago. Had the game added to my profile. Logged into my SE account Monday and it was no longer added. Went to add it again and it says the code is invalid. The only info I have is from a tweet last Friday saying its a known issue. Tomorrow, it'll be a week long issue. Trying to be patient....trying hehe

• GormogonGormogon Member UncommonPosts: 224

You're not wrong OP, however ...

The email I received when I bought the game said this:

Visit <link> and register. You will be notified via email prior to the launch of the game on when you can return and redeem your preorder code (code listed above) to unlock Early Access to the game along with instructions on how to receive your Cait Sith Doll minion and Moogle Cap digital content

When I received it several weeks ago I followed the directions and entered my email address so that I could be notified.

I still haven't received that email notifying me to go to <link> and redeem my preorder code. 

The website I was later directed to displayed this prior to August 20:

For all countries outside of Japan, registration of the pre-order bonus code is scheduled to begin on the 20th of August, 2013.

In order to log in to FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn during the early access period, you must first register your pre-order code. Please follow the onscreen instructions to complete registration.

This page is for the registration of Windows pre-order codes only. For pre-order codes on the PlayStation®3, please register through PlayStation®Store.

And yet another point of access gives this message today:

You can now redeem your pre-order code and download the game to prepare for early access, which begins on August 24th, 2013. You will receive the Cait Sith Doll Minion and Mog Cap items via the Moogle Delivery Service in-game mail system when official service begins.

So which is it?  Am I supposed to wait for the email to tell me to go <link> to redeem my preorder code?  Did redemption of the preorder code begin on August 20 and I wasn't added to the proper email list to be notified?  Am I supposed to listen to the website that says I can now redeem my preorder code despite not receiving the email?  With the massive load they're under, how long will it take me to get through customer service to actually get answers and/or my issue resolved?  Ultimately, I entered my code and I'm now registered according to my profile, but I still haven't gotten the actual EA code email yet.

People freaking out and entering their code 100 times and calling for heads need to chill, but it's really okay to admit that SE has not handled this as well as they could have, because they haven't.

If you're going to tell people that code redemption is open on the 20th, then be prepared to send out emails on the 20th -- whether that email says you can all redeem your preorder code now or we'll be letting people enter in waves to relieve congestion and please wait for another email --  be prepared to handle a large number of players registering their codes, be prepared to have the follow-up emails with the 20-digit code sent, and be prepared for things to go wrong.

That ARR is a better game than 1.0 and that other companies have not been prepared either might be true, but it is also immaterial to the truth/falsehood of SE's lack of preparation.  It doesn't mean the world is going to end or the game will fail or SE is the worst company in the world.  They recovered from the 3102 and 90k business and assure us that these are now history, and they will recover from the preorder code business too.  The world will go on.  EA will start on August 24 and the game will launch three days later.  Players will play, SE will make money.  And SE still will not have handled the events of launch week as well as they could have.

• MimzelMimzel Member UncommonPosts: 375

If they have made a great game, you can all bitch and moan, and still the game will be plenty successful. Right now, it's kinda silent before the storm. And I belive this might be the perfect storm - at least for me :) For the first time in around 10 years, I am really, really excited about a launch!

In the end, you will all get to play the game, and wether or not you are able to enter on the 24th, 25th og 26th is insignificant in the big picture.

Of course, if they totally botch their launch, it will probably seriously hurt the game, but seeing how much effort they have put into turning this doomed super tanker around, I have faith that they will have a successful launch. 

• fistormfistorm Member UncommonPosts: 868
    See, they fixed things, Now you have to just wait until they open up activation of your codes inside your square enix account to add early access to your game client.  In the end they'll fix everything.  Nothing to worry about.
  • janhyuajanhyua Member Posts: 6
    I hope i live through this few days before i even played it.... this WAITING is killing me from the INSIDE AHHHHHH i want to see my chocobo again!!!!!!! T-T sob sob 
  • Elegance92Elegance92 Member Posts: 93
    Originally posted by fistorm
    See, they fixed things, Now you have to just wait until they open up activation of your codes inside your square enix account to add early access to your game client.  In the end they'll fix everything.  Nothing to worry about.

Activation seems to be working now, at least for one of my accounts.

Sol on the other one though, since they gave me the wrong regions code.

PS:It seems you need to login with an account with early access registered to actually start  downloading the game.(Thank goodness for having more than one account).

the other account your waiting to enter the code for will be available closer to the early access date, never fear, just wait patiently
  • shadowmonkeshadowmonke Member Posts: 48

why should we be patient?

this is the official launch, things like the should just WORK

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    I'm debating even opening my PS3 CE box as I'm seeing them go on Amazon for 200$!
  • Lazarus71Lazarus71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,081
    People came to a forum dedicated to a game they are excited about to share and find info about problems they were having with signing up for said game with pre-order and early access codes. They came here to see if other people were sharing those issues or had possibly found solutions. I fail to see what is so impatient about doing so and actually find this thread more pointless and a waste of time than said posts. I don't mean that as an insult either just stating my opinion.

No signature, I don't have a pen

• TorcipTorcip Member UncommonPosts: 669
    Originally posted by Lazarus71
    People came to a forum dedicated to a game they are excited about to share and find info about problems they were having with signing up for said game with pre-order and early access codes. They came here to see if other people were sharing those issues or had possibly found solutions. I fail to see what is so impatient about doing so and actually find this thread more pointless and a waste of time than said posts. I don't mean that as an insult either just stating my opinion.

Probably because people aren't just politely asking for solutions, some of them are throwing tantrums like a 6 year old.

• Lazarus71Lazarus71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,081
    Originally posted by Torcip
    Originally posted by Lazarus71

Probably because people aren't just politely asking for solutions, some of them are throwing tantrums like a 6 year old.

Well I read most of the threads posted on the situation and I would say throwing tantrums is an exaggeration. Some people get a little more vocal and exited then others and that's going to be the case with many different people posting about the same thing. I always just find these kinds of threads to be a "This is how to properly act" kind of statement which I find annoying, we are all different in how we deal with things.

No signature, I don't have a pen

We have server problems...  and they announced it would be fixed this upcoming week.  Now let us exercise some patience and and show some Virtue yet once again folks.