Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[POLL] Still going to play ESO with sub?

Samuel107Samuel107 Member UncommonPosts: 7

Just interested to see who is still going to play with this payment method.

*Edit* I guess I could have made this poll better with maybe or with more info. Say yes for maybe then, because I'm just seeing how many just got turned off by the idea of subscription based and know they aren't playing because of it. 

Comments

• adidassnofkleadidassnofkle Member Posts: 31
    I put no, because I won't be buying the game or paying a sub, but I will still be playing it.
  • tinuxnltinuxnl Member CommonPosts: 4

Because it's sub it's one of the (many) reasons why I am going to play this game. If they made it F2P, I would so very ignore this game. Because any F2P until now, is never really  ..F2P. There's always a catch.... And that's always ruining the game for me. So thanks zenimax/bethesda! Hope it will deliver a more mature community as well as a nice side effect of P2P :)

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    I'll play after a box purchase ( if I like what I'm seeing post release, I won't buy it before hand) if after making that purchase I'm playing happily for thirty days I"ll resub, if not I won't.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I'll decide in open beta. See you all there... even those of you who are currently posing as "I'll never play  it, no way, no how!"
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• LeGrosGamerLeGrosGamer Member UncommonPosts: 223
    I'd vote Yes, but you should be more worried about the game being on console instead of it being P2P.
  • RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730
    I will absolutely be playing it.  Looking forward to the day it goes live.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• Mr.KujoMr.Kujo Member Posts: 383

I will see gameplay footage of the released version, review the facts about gemplay mechanics and if I find it suiting my tastes I will get it with whatever payment system it will have.

• Elevenb4Elevenb4 Member UncommonPosts: 362

While I do understand the genre is moving towards F2P, I've always prefered the P2P model, I'm glad it's P2P. In my experience, people that pay a sub for a game are a bit more invested. I know in games that are F2P and have a sub, one of the first questions is always, "are you a sub or a freebie?" It lets you know how is just hanging out, not that serious, and who is actually there to stay for a bit.

I state that based on my experience with the three difference payment models.

-Unconstitutional laws aren't laws.-

• FionFion Member UncommonPosts: 2,348

To be frank, Guild Wars 2 is so good as a B2P game that any future MMOG will have to be absolute Dynamite  for me to even consider paying to play it. I spent years in WoW paying a sub to sit around in  cities waiting on a queue. I'll never do anything like that again and I'll probably never play another P2P MMOG again.

It isn't about the money, it's about the choice. GW2 gives me a AAA game that I can 'choose' to spend money on if I want cosmetic goodies. A P2P game that isn't as good (IMHO few games ever have been as good as GW2) that requires me to pay them to even access? No, never again unless that game is astoundingly good.

So I voted no. From what I have seen the game doesn't look that good but I'd have tried it if it were B2P or F2P. But I'm not paying $60 to demo a mediocre MMOG.

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    Well, I figure it will go like GW2 did for me. I will wait patently while everyone buys it at full price and with mark up. As they wear it out, the player base that won't stick with it gorges themselves, pukes, and flops in a raging forum fit, I will buy it for like $15 during their first promotional sale as the product goes free to play. At least for me it will be like Christmas as the masses burn everything about TESO around them. This has become pretty typical of my experience. Buying discipline pays off.
  • svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230
    FTP would have been a strike against it imo.
  • ZuvielifyZuvielify Member Posts: 168
    I'm actually looking at it now that it's not FTP. That is now my first criterion. I like to pay for things that are worth paying for, and then not be harassed about money the entire time I play
  • ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401
    I´ll keep my answer short: BTP
  • WylfWylf Member UncommonPosts: 376
    Originally posted by Elevenb4

While I do understand the genre is moving towards F2P, I've always prefered the P2P model, I'm glad it's P2P. In my experience, people that pay a sub for a game are a bit more invested. I know in games that are F2P and have a sub, one of the first questions is always, "are you a sub or a freebie?" It lets you know how is just hanging out, not that serious, and who is actually there to stay for a bit.

I state that based on my experience with the three difference payment models

Agree with Eleenb4, and I believe that those who pay a subscription are:

• "more invested"
    • "more mature"
    • and frankly a better class of committed player.
    I for one am ecstatic that games are  going back to subscription based play.
  • Elevenb4Elevenb4 Member UncommonPosts: 362
    Originally posted by Wylf

• "more invested"
    • "more mature"

Nice to see someone sharing my sentiment. I know there are some that will disagree, but this again, this is a personal opinion based on my MMO experiences since EQ1.

-Unconstitutional laws aren't laws.-

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    I just don't get it. Is 13 or 14 Dollar really a reason not to play? Sorry, but... maybe then you are just not dedicated enough and it is better if you stay out. I mean this with all due respect, but I don't want people who value the game so less that 13 Dollar is a reason for them not to play. That's just two ordered pizza or 3 beers or what. Just look where you get so much entertainment per month for this price and I assume the answer is: nowhere.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603
    Not even buying this game when I have Guild Wars 2. Why would I pay a sub to play a sub par game? Just dumb.
  • LlexXLlexX Member UncommonPosts: 200
    ESO does not deserve to be P2P, it should be B2P after all its an online single player game with with co-op or small group orientated content, its nowhere near close to the "Massive MO", and thats why it don't deserves a P2P sub.
  • lucyluffy101lucyluffy101 Member UncommonPosts: 152

I'm not playing with sub game because you still pay for items. If no cash shop in the game, other website selling like gold. Every mmo there is someone spend a lot in the game and still P2W. I just playing F2P because if i enjoy the game. I buy item to support the game. The 15 dollars a month sub you can own a real website. I don't care if he win, I'm just enjoying playing. If you want a real challenge, play MOBA or RTS. If you are very rich go to bidding. Now im playing Prime World and i enjoy a lot.

• crack_foxcrack_fox Member UncommonPosts: 399
    Happy to sub to support a quality MMO, but there is still the question of the cash shop. Choosing to make the game P2P is encouraging. 
  • Brabbit1987Brabbit1987 Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Originally posted by Elikal
    I just don't get it. Is 13 or 14 Dollar really a reason not to play? Sorry, but... maybe then you are just not dedicated enough and it is better if you stay out. I mean this with all due respect, but I don't want people who value the game so less that 13 Dollar is a reason for them not to play. That's just two ordered pizza or 3 beers or what. Just look where you get so much entertainment per month for this price and I assume the answer is: nowhere.

Not really your decision to make .. and it isn't JUST 13 to 15 bucks, You have to pay the $60 price tag,. It is also per month. So you are saying it's JUST over $200 per year. Sorry .. that is a lot to me.

As for dedication? Money has nothing to do with that. As I have said in passed threads, it has to do with WORTH. You also have to assume it's all going to work out. You also have to assume you are not going to be screwed in the end by it going F2P after you spend 100s on it.

Sorry, I don't take such silly risks anymore. It's not worth it in my opinion. I can play an equally fun game for far cheaper.

• AdalwulffAdalwulff Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,152
    Originally posted by crack_fox
    Happy to sub to support a quality MMO, but there is still the question of the cash shop. Choosing to make the game P2P is encouraging. 

Pretty sure there wont be a cash shop.

Somebody on a TESO video said it wasn't in the works, cant remember which video.

• NaowutNaowut Member UncommonPosts: 663
    Wasn't going to play this game anyway but if anything I am more likely to play it now it has a subscription fee.
  • Home15Home15 Member Posts: 203

Dont worry most that are against it are just freeloaders anyway, either to young to work or are on social security.

• VonatarVonatar Member UncommonPosts: 723
    Originally posted by Wylf

• "more invested"
    • "more mature"

Nice to see someone sharing my sentiment. I know there are some that will disagree, but this again, this is a personal opinion based on my MMO experiences since EQ1.

+1

I am tired of the poor quality game/experience that results from F2P and B2P