Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there a single person out there that managed to enter the early access code?

Comments

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    Still no code:/ they better hurry... man if they fail tis i gonna be pissed.
  • DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

I hadn't caught the twitter messae about the redemption bieng disabled so I tried it.

You can enter the code and choose the platform but click the 'redeem' button.

I am sure whole hordes of people are working on these things and they will be fixed in due course.

• MangaMaidenMangaMaiden Member Posts: 180
    *stares at inbox* Still no code ._.

• AngelxxAngelxx Member Posts: 81
    Even though my code didn't seem to work, on my profile it also once again finally says that Realm Reborn is registered. However, it shows up as PC instead of PS3..... Hope this won't be a problem
  • twruletwrule Member Posts: 1,251
    Originally posted by DwarfZZZ

I hope this will shed some light: I bought the game through Green Man Gaming in June. I immediately received a mail from GMG with the serial key and the instructions. In this mail there was a link to a Square Enix page where I could insert my e-mail address so they could notify me about the pre-order early access and items. I went to Square Enix web site, logged in on my previously account and register the GMG game key. The FFXIV ARR game logo appears on my account as an activated game.

This morning I received a e-mail from Square Enix about the early code. They've sent me a new code and a link to register it. I got the confirmation that I've registered the early access and the pre-order items. It's done.

Interesting. I did the exact same think but I was never emailed any new code...

• The_emberThe_ember Member UncommonPosts: 56

So if  you preordered through SE, are you just automatically registered for EA?

Weirdly I now have two registered FFIV's on my account... one from SE and another from an Amazon preorder code I entered but later cancelled...

• IMBanksIMBanks Member UncommonPosts: 75
    Originally posted by Angelxx
    Even though my code didn't seem to work, on my profile it also once again finally says that Realm Reborn is registered. However, it shows up as PC instead of PS3..... Hope this won't be a problem

Like you, I never got past the dreaded Error 3 warning.  I got up early this morning to try to get past the site's heavy volume, only to find I'm still stuck at Error 3. 

However, as of 5:00am today I had no game registered.  As of 6:30am today suddenly FFXIV:ARR appeared in My Profile on the SE site as a registered game.  Go figure.

For the record, I'm located in North America, have the PC version, and purchased the digital download directly from SE.

• WarThorWarThor Member UncommonPosts: 41
    I am in same boat error 3 still but account now shows to be register.  I also bought from SE.  Hard to believe this error 3 is still showing and taking this long to fix hope this isn't going to be major launch problems too later.
  • RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

Actually that seems to be another problem that they are trying to sort out. The problems thus far seem to be:

Invalid Codes

People not getting 20 digit code after using Early Access code (20 digit code is supposed to be mailed after you enter the 18 digit Early Access code, and is what gives you the Pre-order items.)

No confirmation if Code worked (at least without going into Profile)

ARR taking it upon itself to unregister itself, then magically re-registering itself

PS3 codes flagging account as PC

NA players getting EU Early access codes

NA players getting 20 digit Pre-order item codes that get Region errors

Those seem to be the most common from what I see on beta forums.

After reading this: http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1kqpcc/preorder_site_not_currently_working_as_intended/

I feel like the live chat rep told me a bold face lie.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• evianwaterevianwater Member UncommonPosts: 308

How do they even have these problems ? This shit is all so convoluted. So 1.0 was unfinished, 2.0 is a great game, but crippled by extremely poor planning for launch ?

Why are there so many codes, so many ways to register, so little information on how to do it, and so many friggin account pages ?

If they couldn't handle multiple outlets for their game, they shouldn't have set it up to be sold through places like Amazon and Gamestop..etc

The overwhelming feeling of being second class to the Japanese customers is getting very frustrating too (now I know how EU players feel)

(I'm one of those people that is "registered" as an EU customer..despite being NA and using an 18 digit code..that was repeatedly sent back with Error 3 messages)

• HefaistosHefaistos Member UncommonPosts: 388

Congratulations! Your pre-order code has been redeemed.

OMG mine too!

Downloading now, finally I've a peace of mind lol

• NativegamerNativegamer Member Posts: 10

OMG mine too!

Downloading now, finally I've a peace of mind lol

Did they send you the EA emails? Or did you just enter your product code from the order confirmation email?

I didn't get any emails we were supposed to get on the 20. I've just entered the 18 digit Early Access code Amazon sent me after purchase, that was the only code I had (I had no 20 digit code some other people did). After entering it on this site http://preorder.eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/, they gave me the Promotion Code (12 digits only). I had to redeem this code on my Playstation Network and the download started.
    I didn't get any emails we were supposed to get on the 20. I've just entered the 18 digit Early Access code Amazon sent me after purchase, that was the only code I had (I had no 20 digit code some other people did). After entering it on this site http://preorder.eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/, they gave me the Promotion Code (12 digits only). I had to redeem this code on my Playstation Network and the download started.

The rep pretty much was telling a bold face lie. A friend of mine that will be playing on Balmung had to point it out to me. She said if I was getting error 3 message to keep trying. After about 25+ tries it finally redeemed. Was also fortunate enough to get the NA code and not stuck with a EU code like some folks.

B1 to B3 went so well. But so far everything after it has been nothing but problematic.  I really hope they get it together. Because once you lose the people. It is very hard to get them back. ARR was their second chance. You piss people off anymore and there won't be a third chance.

This is the page you should see after the code works.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• dg29031994dg29031994 Member UncommonPosts: 135
    i did not get any email from SE yet but i just finished applying my code and it went well. However i cannot down load the game now. It said Maintenance, Due to ongoing maintenance, this page is currently unabailable. Please try again later.
  • dg29031994dg29031994 Member UncommonPosts: 135
    Plus i pre-ordered the Collector Edition, how do i get the code to get the exclusive item for CE only?
    Originally posted by dg29031994
    Plus i pre-ordered the Collector Edition, how do i get the code to get the exclusive item for CE only?

You probably won't have access to that stuff till your box arrives. If it's digital download not a clue.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• st4t1ckst4t1ck Member UncommonPosts: 768
    Finally worked for me after work 2:50 p.m. Eastern standard time.
    Originally posted by Roin

The rep pretty much was telling a bold face lie. A friend of mine that will be playing on Balmung had to point it out to me. She said if I was getting error 3 message to keep trying. After about 25+ tries it finally redeemed. Was also fortunate enough to get the NA code and not stuck with a EU code like some folks.

B1 to B3 went so well. But so far everything after it has been nothing but problematic.  I really hope they get it together. Because once you lose the people. It is very hard to get them back. ARR was their second chance. You piss people off anymore and there won't be a third chance.

Did you manage to download it then? Mine's still downloading, probably cause my internet is slow today.

Did you manage to download it then? Mine's still downloading, probably cause my internet is slow today.

Already had the Phase 4 client. From what has been posted the Phase 4 client will be used for EA and Launch.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

Already had the Phase 4 client. From what has been posted the Phase 4 client will be used for EA and Launch.

Yeah, I just realized that it's the same thing from the last open beta. But now I don't really get how they'll know that I have the early access? I wonder if we will have to enter some codes again? This is just too confusing..

EDIT: just noticed your page looks a bit different, mine didn't say anything about entering the code when logging for the 1st time

Just said this "Here is your PlayStation Promotion Code that will allow you to download the game from the PS Store, grant you early access to FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn, and the Cait Sith Doll Minion and Mog Cap in-game bonus items once the official service begins." And info about downloading the game client.

Perhaps they just forgot to mention it.

• AlamarethAlamareth Member UncommonPosts: 570

The poster is clueless and inaccurately attacking Angelxx as a "rep".

I purchased the $29.99 retail package from Amazon today.  Amazon immediately sent me my confirmation code with a link to the redemption site.  I didn't get any "Error 3", it worked perfectly.  Upon entering the code I received my promotional redemption key, which also worked flawlessly.  The only part I don't know yet is if it all actually worked, although I see no indication to expect failure.

I also checked my account dashboard, FFXIV:ARR registered - 8/21.

• Eighteen16Eighteen16 Member UncommonPosts: 146
    I was able to enter both 18 code and 20 digit codes, but on the confirmation page it listed my game as FFXIV: ARR Beta Test. Wonder if that is working as intended...
  • falphfalph Member UncommonPosts: 22