Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Live stream now (Gamescom)

ArconaArcona Member UncommonPosts: 1,182

Live stream from Gamescom

http://www.twitch.tv/everquestnext_eu

replay 21 august show http://www.twitch.tv/everquestnext_eu/b/449163784

replay 22 august show http://www.twitch.tv/everquestnext_eu/b/449620782 <- start after 8 min 30 sec

Comments

• ArconaArcona Member UncommonPosts: 1,182

Lots of new stuff

There will be leaderboards in all areas, crafting, exploring etc

• GrayKodiakGrayKodiak Member CommonPosts: 576
    Originally posted by Arcona

Lots of new stuff

There will be leaderboards in all areas, crafting, exploring etc

yea but that was all about landmark not eqnext....

• TibbzTibbz Member UncommonPosts: 613
    anywhere to get the recap if we missed it?  

Originally posted by Tibbz
    anywhere to get the recap if we missed it?  

http://www.twitch.tv/everquestnext_eu/b/449163784

• TibbzTibbz Member UncommonPosts: 613
    thanks 

• etlaretlar Member UncommonPosts: 855
    thanks for linking this :)
  • GrayKodiakGrayKodiak Member CommonPosts: 576
    This crowd was much less enthusiastic than the SOE crowd, probably because they had seen this all before (kind of like watching a stand up comedian do the same act twice), maybe they will have something new for the next show? The fact that they really honestly only seem to have two character models (three if you count the male human used in eq landmark videos) makes me wonder about the status of the game world.
  • Victor_KrugerVictor_Kruger Member UncommonPosts: 280
    Originally posted by GrayKodiak
    This crowd was much less enthusiastic than the SOE crowd, probably because they had seen this all before (kind of like watching a stand up comedian do the same act twice), maybe they will have something new for the next show? The fact that they really honestly only seem to have two character models (three if you count the male human used in eq landmark videos) makes me wonder about the status of the game world.

Gamescon is really loud, you can't really hear any crowd reaction, David Gergerson already tweeted about having to talk the loudest he possibly could and hurting his voice.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Landmark info summarized at massively

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/08/21/gamescom-2013-in-depth-looks-at-everquest-next-and-eq-next-lan/

You can choose between male and female heroes and will begin as an Adventurer class at one of the world's great landmarks. From there, you can adventure freely into the world, find a spot you like, and claim it as your own. Once your spot is claimed, you can build on it however you see fit or move on to claim other areas and link them all together.

Landmark will feature many common MMO functions. You'll be able to start guilds and make friends, along with creating temporary build projects with others. You can also gather resources, craft items (including better gathering tools), and man an in-game booth to sell stuff to other Landmark adventurers. You can even sell your real estate on the global marketplace or make a career out of crafting environmental items for other players to use.

One area of Landmark will be reserved for art in the Norrathian style. Players can use the game's tagging system to "like" content, and the most-liked content (that fits the art style) will show up in EverQuest Next proper on day one of its launch. If you play Landmark, you'll also have access to the Adventurer class when you boot up EQ Next, allowing you to start multi-classing from your first moments in-game (or you can just transfer your Adventurer directly into Next).

You can learn about these features and more by checking out the video-on-demand of SOE's presentation. The Landmark stuff begins at around 13 minutes.

• MardyMardy Member Posts: 2,213

Wow SOE is really pushing this EQ Landmark thing, to a point of now giving exclusives to those that play EQ Landmark such as "If you play Landmark, you'll also have access to the Adventurer class when you boot up EQ Next, allowing you to start multi-classing from your first moments in-game (or you can just transfer your Adventurer directly into Next)."

I don't know if I like this, I don't want to be forced to play EQ Landmark, nor am I going to enjoy seeing people have a jump start in the game.  I was interested in EQ Next, but all I keep hearing about more and more is EQ Landmark and how much I should play EQ Landmark before EQN comes out.  The more I hear SOE talk these days, the more I get turned off by it.  Just honest truth.  I can already see station cash playing a big role before even EQ Next comes out.

EQ1-AC1-DAOC-FFXI-L2-EQ2-WoW-DDO-GW-LoTR-VG-WAR-GW2-ESO

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852
    Originally posted by Mardy

Wow SOE is really pushing this EQ Landmark thing, to a point of now giving exclusives to those that play EQ Landmark such as "If you play Landmark, you'll also have access to the Adventurer class when you boot up EQ Next, allowing you to start multi-classing from your first moments in-game (or you can just transfer your Adventurer directly into Next)."

I don't know if I like this, I don't want to be forced to play EQ Landmark, nor am I going to enjoy seeing people have a jump start in the game.  I was interested in EQ Next, but all I keep hearing about more and more is EQ Landmark and how much I should play EQ Landmark before EQN comes out.  The more I hear SOE talk these days, the more I get turned off by it.  Just honest truth.  I can already see station cash playing a big role before even EQ Next comes out.

I think the main reason you are seeing the push for Landmark is because SOE needs the free labor..  As one poster said earlier, right after the Sony Live event is that SOE needs a "rush order" on getting EQN to market.. Assuming maybe 50-100k players actually use Landmark, and only 2-5% of the items built are actually used in the game.. We are talking about 1,000 to 5,000 items being used by SOE  FREE of charge.. That is a lot of production staff you don't have to hire and pay, and time saved..  Plus it opens up a whole section of "Player Studio" cash shop commission for Sony..  They win all around, the more players that use Landmark, the better their profit :)

Trust me, it's not about players and devs building a world together, it's about $$$$$$$$ pure and simple..  LOL

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739
    Originally posted by Rydeson

I think the main reason you are seeing the push for Landmark is because SOE needs the free labor..  As one poster said earlier, right after the Sony Live event is that SOE needs a "rush order" on getting EQN to market.. Assuming maybe 50-100k players actually use Landmark, and only 2-5% of the items built are actually used in the game.. We are talking about 1,000 to 5,000 items being used by SOE  FREE of charge.. That is a lot of production staff you don't have to hire and pay, and time saved..  Plus it opens up a whole section of "Player Studio" cash shop commission for Sony..  They win all around, the more players that use Landmark, the better their profit :)

Trust me, it's not about players and devs building a world together, it's about $$$$$$$$ pure and simple..  LOL

I find this arguement rediculous, I would be willing to bet that no where near 1,000 to 5,000 player made structures get into EQN.  Also, if this was the intent, they are not doing themselves any favors, as going through your 50-100k submissions would probably take as much time as one of their professionals to make the stuff that they end up using.

The player studio stuff, sure.  They have already said people can buy/sell land, along with whats on it....They get a portion of all of these transactions.  No company makes games for charity.

• StilerStiler Member Posts: 599
    Originally posted by Xthos

I find this arguement rediculous, I would be willing to bet that no where near 1,000 to 5,000 player made structures get into EQN.  Also, if this was the intent, they are not doing themselves any favors, as going through your 50-100k submissions would probably take as much time as one of their professionals to make the stuff that they end up using.

The player studio stuff, sure.  They have already said people can buy/sell land, along with whats on it....They get a portion of all of these transactions.  No company makes games for charity.

They aren't going through 50-100k, they are using a voting system where the players vote up things, and they are giong to take the top rated things and look at them/place them into EQN.

• ZeddakisZeddakis Member UncommonPosts: 156

I think this is much more about EQ Landmark being much closer to a launch state than EQ Next. They want to get people into the new game world as soon as possible. Why wouldn't they with all the MMOs on the market right now plus TESO and Wildstar around the corner. 

Come play EQ Landmark and some of your accompishments will carryover to EQ Next is much more appealing than hey why don't you play some EQ2 for the next year or so while we finish-up on EQ Next.

Live now, thursday show