Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE Online: Valkyrie Revealed

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The VR space-themed aerial fighting game once known as EVE-VR is now EVE Valkyrie and the team has released new information about Valkyrie along with a trailer that is currently hosted at PC-IGN.

CCP's boss Hilmar Petursson had this to say: “From the moment this year’s Fanfest attendees first got their hands on EVE-VR, the question has been, ‘When can I have this?' What started as a passion project by a small, incredibly talented group of CCP developers became one of the most highly anticipated games of the year — before we even announced it. We have big plans for EVE: Valkyrie and I can’t wait to share more details later this year.”

Read more at the link above.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987
    Whoa ... That looks intense and amazing.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Woot pew pew

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,071

Looks like 2014 is shaping up to be the year of the twitch-based space fighter.

This might be cool if even just as a way to get some 6DoF action with big Eve ships in the background.

Honorable mention to Vendetta Online, which has been doing this for a long time now.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904
    lol nice!

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• MarkusrindMarkusrind Member Posts: 359

This reminds me of those adverts on TV advertising HD TV. People go crazy over the quality but to me I was thinking "If I am getting that quality on my TV why do I need to buy the new HD TV?"...I guess you need to actually be part of the VR set-up to get how the VR set-up will work, watching a trailer on youtube isn't really showing much.

• mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283
    Now if I could fly a frigate like that I would go back to EVE.
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by mCalvert

"Valkyrie" ;)

Speaking of which, bookmark http://www.evevalkyrie.com for news and updates.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• nathanknaacknathanknaack Level Designer - CCP GamesMember UncommonPosts: 27

This game will blow your mind!

Luckily the Oculus Rift device holds your head together in one piece.

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589

That clip from CCP reminds me of this epic battle between Starbuck and Scar.

http://youtu.be/kQXUw6EKy6M

• ZydariZydari Member UncommonPosts: 84
    Looks interesting. Will have to keep an eye on this. Anyone know if this is a PC or console title (or both)?

Experience demands that man is the only animal which devours his own kind, for I can apply no milder term to the general prey of the rich on the poor.

Thomas Jefferson

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030
    Looks like someone paid attention to how much attention and funding Star Citizen and Elite:Dangerous got on kickstarter.I'm fine with that the more the merrier.Hopefulyl all these gaems prove this genre isn't as dead as the AAA publishers believe.
  • MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910
    I was there......
  • Attend4455Attend4455 Member Posts: 161

Elite Dangerous ok

Star Citizen maybe :)

I sometimes make spelling and grammar errors but I don't pretend it's because I'm using a phone

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Drakynn
    Looks like someone paid attention to how much attention and funding Star Citizen and Elite:Dangerous got on kickstarter.I'm fine with that the more the merrier.Hopefulyl all these gaems prove this genre isn't as dead as the AAA publishers believe.

Actually, they paid attention to the rave reviews it got when it was demo'd at Fanfest and E3.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• LordSneergLordSneerg Member Posts: 119
    Ccp please focus on WOD. That is the next game I want to see from you. Thanks in advance.
  • JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

yes.....OH MY FUC.....YES!

do it CCP! DO....IIIITTTTT!!!

EvE is the perfect game to absolutely own VR. This is amazing. i am so sorry i doubted you with Dust....so ashamed....please forgive me CCP. You still have it. You know what i want....

........hoDOr IT!

• pwainpwain Member UncommonPosts: 115
    Shut up and take my money. Can I preorder it right now ?
  • bbbb42bbbb42 Member UncommonPosts: 297
    ?i dont get it whats the big deal?

• RodentofdoomRodentofdoom Member Posts: 273
    Originally posted by bbbb42
    ?i dont get it whats the big deal?

That's a common thing with the Eve Universe.

If you understood EvE, you would understand the big deal with this.

• MarzAttakzMarzAttakz Member Posts: 17
    Oh sweet lords of Valhalla, the day I can step into the cockpit of my Jaguar or Wolf and hear my autocannon's go "rata-tat-tat" is the day I don't mind being podded!
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Well after their horrible implementation of Dust 514, CCP should stick to Eve!
  • mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283
    Originally posted by Loktofeit
    Originally posted by mCalvert

"Valkyrie" ;)

Speaking of which, bookmark http://www.evevalkyrie.com for news and updates.

This is a side game, not part of EVE.

• SunwolfNCSunwolfNC Member UncommonPosts: 188
    Originally posted by Ozmodan
    Well after their horrible implementation of Dust 514, CCP should stick to Eve!

I was going to post "So... this is Dust 514, in space?" but now I want to ask was 514 that crappy?

Did it suck because of  it on a console?

I think a twitchy shooter mode in Eve-Online, where I'm a pilot for my FC's CapShip, might actually bring me back. I'd be pretty stoked to fly BSG-style in Eve...

• furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968
    Isn't this only with the VR goggle thingies or will this be on PC and/or console?
  • RodentofdoomRodentofdoom Member Posts: 273
    Originally posted by furbans
    Isn't this only with the VR goggle thingies or will this be on PC and/or console?

The Occulus Rift (stereoscopic goggles) are currently pc only

So far there are only developer kits available (afaik) . I guess at some point multiple platform and/or OS support may become available, but i'd imagine it's something that's going to be value driven, ie will it be worth Occulus' time to develop for playstation/xbox and mac/Linux instead of just windows.

Hawken made some noise about supporting the rift sometime ago, but I've heard nothing about it since