Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there a single person out there that managed to enter the early access code?

Comments

• ZeroPointNRGZeroPointNRG Member Posts: 70
    Originally posted by Toxia

What the error says: Error 3: There was a problem. Please try again later.

What they official forum-goers see: Error 3. There was a problem. Please try again NOW GO GO GO CONFIRM CONFIRM GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

For what it's worth, some have been trying for nearly 14 hours. Not to argue semantics, but generally 14 hours is considered "later". 

Edit: FF14 twitter now says they've added additional bandwidth to the pre order page, maybe that will help. 

• naZchoconaZchoco Member Posts: 82

So I just got an email from square giving me the 20 digit key to register for early access thanking me for pre-order.

Went to put it in. And the code is a europe code and i can't use it since my acccount is NA. 

i think i signed up for EU with my pre order code. that's so crappy. lol

• MattTheHGMattTheHG Member Posts: 30
    Just chill out. They're aware that some people have been given EU codes instead of NA codes. You can follow them on Twitter to follow-up with the problem.
  • time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    I haven't entered mine yet, but I guess I'll try tomorrow regardless of if I get the ready email. It'll take me forever to download the client on to my new pc so I'll need a while for it.  Though I'm excited!

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • Seraph.215Seraph.215 Member Posts: 12
    I guess what we must all do....is wait. I'm just still a bit worried that my game was registered to my profile but still don't have any info if I still get early access and my pre order goods.
  • sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    I am getting an error 3 code when I try to enter my code.  At least SE posted they were aware of it I guess.
  • NativegamerNativegamer Member Posts: 10
    How do we know if we have an EU code? The URL for my SE profile account begins in http://eu.square-enix.com does this mean Im screwed? :)
  • RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

Just repeating what support told me. They gave the usual we are aware of the error comment. But she also said that if your Profile looks like this:

Then your Early Access code was accepted, and you just need to wait for another code for Pre-order items. I hope she was telling truth because if not. Going to be very upset lol.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• Prod1702Prod1702 Member UncommonPosts: 78
    Originally posted by Roin

Just repeating what support told me. They gave the usual we are aware of the error comment. But she also said that if your Profile looks like this:

Then your Early Access code was accepted, and you just need to wait for another code for Pre-order items. I hope she was telling truth because if not. Going to be very upset lol.

This is what i see on my account but it never told me my code worked. Thanks for the info. I am guessing we just have to wait for Amazon to give us our game code / pre order code now.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Just repeating what support told me. They gave the usual we are aware of the error comment. But she also said that if your Profile looks like this: Then your Early Access code was accepted, and you just need to wait for another code for Pre-order items. I hope she was telling truth because if not. Going to be very upset lol.

Thats funny because thats how my account looked up until today. Now my game is magically missing from my list. And when I try to re-add it, it says my code is invalid. WTF its like I'm back in 2002 interwebz with these archaic errors.

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    Originally posted by Foomerang

Thats funny because thats how my account looked up until today. Now my game is magically missing from my list. And when I try to re-add it, it says my code is invalid. WTF its like I'm back in 2002 interwebz with these archaic errors.

Can't explain that, but yeah think everyone can agree. Their current account system is horrible. They forget one of the most basic rules that can be applied to most things in life.  "K.I.S.S" - Keep it simple, stupid.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• IMBanksIMBanks Member UncommonPosts: 75
    Originally posted by sumdumguy1
    I am getting an error 3 code when I try to enter my code.  At least SE posted they were aware of it I guess.

Me too, all day long.  No game registered and the only thing I have is the 18-digit code sent to me in the email I got immediately  after I pre-ordered.  Still trying.

• striderbobstriderbob Member UncommonPosts: 174
    After trying all day to register me 18-digit code, I finally got another email with a 20-digit code even though I was still getting an error. Try to register that code and it's telling me wrong region. This is getting ridiculous.
  • tovontotovonto Member UncommonPosts: 40
    Originally posted by striderbob
    After trying all day to register me 18-digit code, I finally got another email with a 20-digit code even though I was still getting an error. Try to register that code and it's telling me wrong region. This is getting ridiculous.

this pretty much happen to me except my 20 digit code worked lol

• Eighteen16Eighteen16 Member UncommonPosts: 146

To sum up the EA registration so far we have:

- Some people did not get an email with the 18 digit code

- Some people cannot enter their code due to error 3

- Some people cannot enter their code due to error 0 (Connection)

- Some people were able to enter the 18 digit code, received the 20 digit code, but are registered for the wrong region or platform

- Some people have 18 digit code marked as invalid

- Some people got confirmation of registration, but the game does not appear in account management

Square Enix might beat EA on worst company polls this year. 

• HefaistosHefaistos Member UncommonPosts: 388
    <p error_generic"="">Error 3: There was a problem. Please try again later
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by Eighteen16

To sum up the EA registration so far we have:

- Some people did not get an email with the 18 digit code

- Some people cannot enter their code due to error 3

- Some people cannot enter their code due to error 0 (Connection)

- Some people were able to enter the 18 digit code, received the 20 digit code, but are registered for the wrong region or platform

- Some people have 18 digit code marked as invalid

- Some people got confirmation of registration, but the game does not appear in account management

Square Enix might beat EA on worst company polls this year. 

SE is clearly a game developer primarily, with accounting and admin coming a distant second image

• Elegance92Elegance92 Member Posts: 93
    not the best of starts imo, as much as I want to love this game, I'm starting to have my doubts.
  • TheAmazingDwarfTheAmazingDwarf Member UncommonPosts: 234

I hope this will shed some light: I bought the game through Green Man Gaming in June. I immediately received a mail from GMG with the serial key and the instructions. In this mail there was a link to a Square Enix page where I could insert my e-mail address so they could notify me about the pre-order early access and items. I went to Square Enix web site, logged in on my previously account and register the GMG game key. The FFXIV ARR game logo appears on my account as an activated game.

This morning I received a e-mail from Square Enix about the early code. They've sent me a new code and a link to register it. I got the confirmation that I've registered the early access and the pre-order items. It's done.

My FFXIV ARR referral code for new EU accounts: 5JPF7ZQ3
    Step into the amazing world of Eorzea! Use this reference code on a new account and we'll both get goodies for it!

• fistormfistorm Member UncommonPosts: 868

Just woke up wondering if JP midnight hit and maybe we could get started yet?

I cant believe how many people forced their codes when they were suppose to wait for the email to do so.   legaly SE doesn't owe you a log in if you forced their website instead of following directions they gave.   If your account is now stuck in another region this could take days of people at the company manually sorting and fixing each account.    You might not even get early access because you did not follow the directions to wait for an email before entering code.  Forcing game mechanics is also close enough to hacking that any judge would obsolve any responiblity of SE to give early access.   It would be your fault, and SE can prove that's why you were not given early access.  Yay!  Those who were last are now going to be first, and those who wanted to be first are now last.  I think I read that somewhere once.

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Yea there is, just not many people.  It's shut down at the moment I think.  

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• will75will75 Member UncommonPosts: 365
    Originally posted by fistorm

Just woke up wondering if JP midnight hit and maybe we could get started yet?

I cant believe how many people forced their codes when they were suppose to wait for the email to do so.   legaly SE doesn't owe you a log in if you forced their website instead of following directions they gave.   If your account is now stuck in another region this could take days of people at the company manually sorting and fixing each account.    You might not even get early access because you did not follow the directions to wait for an email before entering code.  Forcing game mechanics is also close enough to hacking that any judge would obsolve any responiblity of SE to give early access.   It would be your fault, and SE can prove that's why you were not given early access.  Yay!  Those who were last are now going to be first, and those who wanted to be first are now last.  I think I read that somewhere once.

Or these bad horrible people could cancel their pre order.... and then you the smart and patient one can go pve by yourself.

CAREBEAR STARE! 

In other news, i received 1 email from a code i inputted today, one of the ones i didn't cancel on amazon. Maybe that's the issue or maybe it's just luck. but i received an early access email. of course it doesn't work and says invalid region.but you already knew that. Nonetheless maybe ill pre order another and cancel it on thursday night before early access.. worst case scenario. i can play for a few days before i am forced to put one on it, or i decide the game sucks and don't feel like it. ehh right now i am not sure. I did order an xps 8700 and a nice video card.So maybe i'll pve whore it up like a good carebear

• GormogonGormogon Member UncommonPosts: 224

Mine is now showing up on my na.square-enix.com account.

I've had FFXIV active on my service account at square-enix.com/na/ since Beta, but my account at na.square-enix.com showed no registered games until some time in the last couple of hours.

I plugged my 18-digit preorder code from Amazon in earlier in the day (8/20) and got an error thrown back at me, so maybe it did go through, just not in the manner originally intended.

My primary concern is my beta characters showing up when I start playing the game on August 24.   Maybe everybody's is the same way, but the use of two apparently different account systems to keep track of things on SE's end makes me feel uncomfortable about that.

Forcing game mechanics is also close enough to hacking that any judge would obsolve any responiblity of SE to give early access. 

Originally posted by fistorm

Forcing game mechanics is also close enough to hacking that any judge would obsolve any responiblity of SE to give early access.   It would be your fault, and SE can prove that's why you were not given early access.  Yay!

So, people are given conflicting information about being able to register codes beginning on the 20th and waiting for an email that still hasn't come and it crosses your mind that SE should sue players for "hacking" to prove a point ...

• IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661

They have disabled it atm. Here is the Twitter msg:

https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status/370043930458324992

We have temporarily suspended the ability to redeem codes on the pre-order site while we continue to investigate the ongoing issues.

• Bastian_StarBastian_Star Member Posts: 36

I was getting an "invalid code" message for the last couple of days. I was messing with it again this morning, trying to get it to go through and somehow ended up at a different pre order registration page (I'm thinking possibly a work around implemented by SE due to high traffic?). This time I was getting an "error code 3" but when I went to look at my profile the games on there now lol. Very confusing :P

edit: ok now I'm REALLY lost on this....my SE account profile page always said "US" and now it says "EU" WTH!!?