Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

NA Commercial

drivendawndrivendawn montgomery, ALPosts: 1,251Member Uncommon
there you go

Comments

• TorcipTorcip Sterling Heights, MIPosts: 669Member
    That was awful.
  • Kayo45Kayo45 Neverland, AKPosts: 293Member
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Alexandria, VAPosts: 4,561Member Uncommon
    those people look way too healthy and attractive to be mmo gamers
  • twruletwrule Daly City, CAPosts: 1,251Member
    Originally posted by Torcip
    That was awful.

Agreed...lol.

I was kind of hoping one of the dudes would turn into a female mithra though - would have been more realistic lol.

• GormogonGormogon Waukegan, ILPosts: 188Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by twrule
    Originally posted by Torcip
    That was awful.

Agreed...lol.

I was kind of hoping one of the dudes would turn into a female mithra though - would have been more realistic lol.

ROFL

I was thinking it felt like a military or shoe company commercial where everyday people morph into soldiers or athletes, while narrated by the voice of a 1980s He-Man toy commercial: "Only YOU can stop the evil forces of Skeletor!"

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer ChairPosts: 5,596Member Uncommon

Holy crap!

Who writes this stuff?

It reminded me of this.

• DSWBeefDSWBeef phoenix, AZPosts: 791Member
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

Holy crap!

Who writes this stuff?

It reminded me of this.

nothing beats this as the most useless mmo commerical

Playing: War Thunder, World of Warcraft, and Grim Dawn
    Waiting on:Everquest Next and The Black Desert

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer ChairPosts: 5,596Member Uncommon
    a much better commercial
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko RotterdamPosts: 3,845Member Uncommon

Well, it's certainly not a Wildstar commercial image

Is this perhaps a result of culture differences ? Anyone know what the Japanese commercials look like, and how they are received in that part of the world ?

• ShauneepeakShauneepeak Biddeford, MEPosts: 421Member

Um... Wow anyone want to pass the butter? Because this commercial is a bit corny.

To be serious however, they should have showed Bahamut destroying the realm and then the survivors emerging to rebuild it.

• Blackstar347Blackstar347 Moorpark, CAPosts: 25Member
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko

Well, it's certainly not a Wildstar commercial image

Is this perhaps a result of culture differences ? Anyone know what the Japanese commercials look like, and how they are received in that part of the world ?

Nope heres the JP commercial. It's TONS better.

• NetSageNetSage Lake Geneva, WIPosts: 1,040Member Uncommon
    Some cool effects but a horrible commercial overall.  Could have taken the same idea but have done it much better :P.
  • sudosudo Tel-AvivPosts: 697Member Uncommon
    No comments until 1080p version is out...

"Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted.
    Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."
    Hans Margolius

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Alexandria, VAPosts: 4,561Member Uncommon

They should have hired the director of the final fantasy 11 commercial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMwGtTlIju4

Wasnt cheesy and it showed a decent amount of gameplay.

• enaz13enaz13 Johnson City, TNPosts: 102Member Uncommon

I definitely think that commercial was a little underwhelming. With a game that has graphics as one of its strengths I think it would of been more exciting to show them off like in the trailers.

• aesperusaesperus Hamshire, NVPosts: 5,128Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

Holy crap!

Who writes this stuff?

It reminded me of this.

LOL I was just thinking the same thing.

Tbh, I'm not sure which commercial is worse. FFXIV's or Anet's. Though it does look as if they were done by the same people, lol.

• ChrisboxChrisbox Monroe, NJPosts: 1,707Member Uncommon
    I'd take a good game with bad trailers and such over a bad game with good trailers (cough cough wildstar).   

Played-Everything
    Playing-FFXIV:ARR

• PurutzilPurutzil East Stroudsburg, PAPosts: 2,925Member Uncommon

Wait... did they even see how the Guildwars 2 commericial was and how so many people were laughing at how stupid and cheesy it was that it would shy people away rather then get them to play? 

I guess not... *facepalm* I mean... I guess in the end its better that it... no... just no. Its stupid lets leave it at that. You don't captivate people into MMos by doing the "REAL LIFE" stuff, you alienate people from it and make those who play it and go "Oh great, now everyone things I'm a complete tool if I say I play that game..."

Stop it and treat your damn potential consumer with respect and realize that they are attracted to a game for its world, not "BECOMING" a character or whatever you want to paint it as. If they wanted to do that, they would be larping already and enjoying it a lot more.

• Xenn88Xenn88 Den BoschPosts: 19Member

When I see this commercial I get the strong feeling Square Enix has no idea what kind of commercials work well in "the west" ,

why didn't they just use the japanese trailer and dub it? it's cheaper then making a new one and it's better anyway.

• ArskaaaArskaaa KauhajokiPosts: 842Member Uncommon

no racism or any think but what race that 1 black guy in video turned?

adding real (yeah thouse where not REAL players) player to mmo videos is just horrible.

• SkuallSkuall UnknowPosts: 1,286Member Uncommon

rofl ....

a commercial about a game that doesnt show gameplay its fail....

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Virginia, VAPosts: 2,131Member
    Originally posted by tkreep
    those people look way too healthy and attractive to be mmo gamers

It is a FF game first and foremost and FF was mainstream among boys who are now in their twenties  (read: they grew up with FFVII).

Edit: the people in that video look a bit too young though, but yeah for FF mainstream fans they don't look overly attractive.

• bobfishbobfish SouthamptonPosts: 1,688Member

Codies did it first and not as corny http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMCflZ6sdt0

I think it is just a cultural thing, trying to make a niche type of game seem more mass market.

• ZenTaoYingYangZenTaoYingYang BahrainPosts: 354Member
    loved the JP commercial, hated the NA one. SE really fails on marketing department and service management. I really hope they fix those up
  • TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Virginia, VAPosts: 2,131Member
    Originally posted by ZenTaoYingYang
    loved the JP commercial, hated the NA one. SE really fails on marketing department and service management. I really hope they fix those up

Link to JP commercial?