Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

MechWarrior Online: Launch Announced for September 17th

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 16,643MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

MechWarrior Online will officially launch on September 17th and will come with one of the most requested features: Third person view. In addition, the first ever MWO Invitational to be held in San Francisco along with a ton of other events.

The game’s publisher also revealed details behind an epic red-carpet launch event and tournament planned for fans in the San Francisco bay area on September 26th at Mezzanine Club. MechWarrior Online is hitting 1.0 status and we’re throwing a little party! Taking place at one of San Francisco’s premiere club venues, the biggest and best ‘Mech event of 2013 will feature the first MechWarrior Online Invitational, DJs, Prizes, food and drinks and the chance to celebrate giant robot-stomping goodness with the developers from Piranha Games. Fans interested in attending this invite-only event should register here: http://mwomercs.com/events. Registrations will end Thursday, August 22nd at midnight PT. 

Find out more on the MechWarrior Online site.

Associate Editor: MMORPG.com
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

Comments

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Mississauga, ONPosts: 912Member
    I shall try it.

• neviuneviu rotterdamPosts: 8Member
    the game just got ruined today, by the addition of third person
  • VassagoMaelVassagoMael Covington, LAPosts: 555Member
    No need to wait. You can start playing today. I have been playing for over a year.

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!

• VassagoMaelVassagoMael Covington, LAPosts: 555Member
    Oh god. The third person chicken littles. I have been playing MechWarrior/Battletech tabletop and video games since I was 5 years old starting with Commodore 64's The Crescent Hawk's Inception. Third person makes little difference. If you are bad you are bad.

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!

• DrakephireDrakephire Fontana, CAPosts: 445Member Uncommon
    Please tell me 3rd person is a filter for matches so that I can choose to play with only those who play in 1st person..
  • JakdstripperJakdstripper logan lake, BCPosts: 2,126Member Uncommon

1st person is best for immersion, but it cannot compete with 3rd person for easy situational awareness which is essential in pvp. this is why 1st person and 3rd person cannot coexist in a pvp game.

this game is officially 3rd person (with the option to suck in 1st person).

meh..

• StizzledStizzled Springfield, MOPosts: 1,264Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Jakdstripper

1st person is best for immersion, but it cannot compete with 3rd person for easy situational awareness which is essential in pvp. this is why 1st person and 3rd person cannot coexist in a pvp game.

this game is officially 3rd person (with the option to suck in 1st person).

meh..

I don't know about that. I've been playing again since this last patch and so far I think the general consensus is that 3rd person sucks.

I know I don't like it. This game isn't about just shooting at the enemy, it's about aiming at specific parts, which is harder to do in 3rd person. I feel like I can see less action while using it and that combined with my arms being locked just overall made the game a worse experience. I started doing much better when I went back to 1st person and according to a lot of others in chat so did they.

As for the release, good to see it's finally coming out of beta, but I won't be there. Not because I don't enjoy the game, but because I'm sure that GTA 5 is going to be taking up 100% of my free time.