Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lineage Eternal: Twilight Resistance: Service Schedule By Year's End

2»

Comments

• BTrayaLBTrayaL Member UncommonPosts: 624
    Originally posted by coretex666
    Sequel to Lineage 2 is my dream.I just hope it wouldnt be casualized. L2 was nice as it was...hardcore.

I feel you.. Too bad they broke everything with the F2P transition. Heck... C4 was cool.

• CypruskaCypruska Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Who cares? Lineage 2 is awesome and I have no doubt that this game will rock. I have been waiting fir a long time for this game. But if it is not available or announced in USA, then it is not going to be available in Argentina. Bummer.
  • ananitananit Member RarePosts: 293
    Originally posted by BTrayaL
    Originally posted by coretex666
    Sequel to Lineage 2 is my dream.I just hope it wouldnt be casualized. L2 was nice as it was...hardcore.

I feel you.. Too bad they broke everything with the F2P transition. Heck... C4 was cool.

it was cool if you were an archer and c3 was cool if you were a dagger. i loved interlude though, my duelist suddenly became op instead of just terrible :p

• HerlitzHerlitz Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by GoldenArrow

Lineage 1 is shit.

It's just Ultimate Online for the Asia.

"Must play it because it's my first mmorpg and it's soooo awesome"

Yeah right, it's almost 15 years old, time for an update.

• newbinatornewbinator Member Posts: 780
    Originally posted by Asamof
    Originally posted by newbinator
    Lineage 1 looks hilarious. It's like diablo if they removed 90% of the inbetween animation frames. I'm not even joking, the original runescape had smoother animations

The graphics and animations were absolute garbage, yes. But the gameplay was fantastic. And the reason I played it for many years.

What did you enjoy most about it?

Everything was open world. Nothing instanced. PvP, Pledge vs Pledge(Guild) could break out at any time and place. The item enchantment system was the best I've seen in any game ever. The satisfaction of watching your +10 weapon successfully turn +11 was something that no game has matched for me. Or watching that +10 disintegrate into dust instead, and crying like a bitch over it. The risk and reward was great. Lineage didn't hold your hand, or water down the game with casual bullshit.

• KabulozoKabulozo Member RarePosts: 932

I wonder how many years L1 will continue being the biggest money maker of NCSoft.

I doubt Eternal will seize the 1st position, but if they make everything in the right direction as a successor of L1, I still believe LE can become the second most popular game of theirs.

• HerlitzHerlitz Member Posts: 5
    Lineage 1 looks hilarious. It's like diablo if they removed 90% of the inbetween animation frames. I'm not even joking, the original runescape had smoother animations

The graphics and animations were absolute garbage, yes. But the gameplay was fantastic. And the reason I played it for many years.

Everything was open world. Nothing instanced. PvP, Pledge vs Pledge(Guild) could break out at any time and place. The item enchantment system was the best I've seen in any game ever. The satisfaction of watching your +10 weapon successfully turn +11 was something that no game has matched for me. Or watching that +10 disintegrate into dust instead, and crying like a bitch over it. The risk and reward was great. Lineage didn't hold your hand, or water down the game with casual bullshit.

You described L2 as well. The whole system of game treating you like a piece of crap amplified all feelings you recieved then. 

You farmed several months to get this AM and four enchant scrolls? Fine, try your luck. It failed? Fine, here have a bunch of crystals to cover 0,1% of original costs. It succeded? You'll feel like you won a lottery for a week.

I mean, I've played craploads of MMOs before and after L2, and even if it wasnt the most catchy one (WoW) or the most entertaining one (GW2), there was something strange about this game I can't describe till today.

But the game was getting worse and worse with each update and at its current state is just not suitable for me anymore. That's the reason I expect something from Lineage Eternal.

• YuuiYuui Member UncommonPosts: 723
    Originally posted by Herlitz

You described L2 as well. The whole system of game treating you like a piece of crap amplified all feelings you recieved then. 

You farmed several months to get this AM and four enchant scrolls? Fine, try your luck. It failed? Fine, here have a bunch of crystals to cover 0,1% of original costs. It succeded? You'll feel like you won a lottery for a week.

I mean, I've played craploads of MMOs before and after L2, and even if it wasnt the most catchy one (WoW) or the most entertaining one (GW2), there was something strange about this game I can't describe till today.

But the game was getting worse and worse with each update and at its current state is just not suitable for me anymore. That's the reason I expect something from Lineage Eternal.

L2 had "similar systems" but nowhere the depth of the ones in L1.

L2 was L1-streamlined and made fare less towards community-based gameplay , which is why it never got to the same level of popularity in its home country. 

# A GRIM, ODD, ARCANE SKY
    # ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON